By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Hillary Clinton's memoir - it was Everyone Else Fault I lost...

IkePoR said:
You say he's the worst candidate but I couldn't disagree more. Not because he won but because, even if you think him a moron, Trump tapped into the raw, unfiltered, inappropriate, brash, incompetence that is "the average voter."

Hillary had everything on her side but voters and when she stepped on Old Man Bernie she cursed herself. I was raised democrat and have since disassociated myself with any party. But even with Obama there was a lingering hope that he'd do good. With Hillary I never felt anything but contempt, especially after hearing about some of the awful things she's done. It's very fitting that she can't honorably take an L.

Weeeeeell, she actually DID have the voters.....

Around the Network
monocle_layton said:
It's kind of sad how her and Trump were the only options. No one truly won in the end

As a right winger, I'm content.

As would left wingers would be if the opposite happened.

Hillary's book is basically her whining about having opposition. Trump's book could be about having the most opposition and still coming out the winner. Hillary's biggest mistake was ignoring voters she desperately needed.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
monocle_layton said:
It's kind of sad how her and Trump were the only options. No one truly won in the end

As a right winger, I'm content.

As would left wingers would be if the opposite happened.

I tip slightly on the left scale, and in all honesty I'd prefer to see major changes in everything. The amount of corruption allowed is disgusting. However, I suppose I shouldn't expect any US leader to be transparent and just.

KLAMarine said:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/sep/08/hillary-clinton-memoir-what-happened-election-trump-sanders

Clinton writes: “I go back over my own shortcomings and the mistakes we made. I take responsibility for all of them. You can blame the data, blame the message, blame anything you want but I was the candidate. It was my campaign. Those were my decisions.”

Sounds to me like she's not trying to dodge all responsibility contrary to what the title of this thread, "Hillary Clinton's memoir - it was Everyone Else Fault I lost...", might suggest.

It's almost like people take a small sniplet out of context and paint a grossly inaccuarte picture to make her look more awful than she is, and everyone else jomps aboard just because. Just like her entire career.

(Formerly RCTjunkie)

This is what happens when presidential campaigns are all about money. Both Clinton and Trump got there because they have a lot of money and because they're famous, not because of their political skills.

Around the Network

Just fade into obscurity already.

Typical Hillary. She will never admit it was her fault that she lost. She ran for President twice and lost twice. The second time was far more embarrassing because she really tried to use her being a woman as a reason to vote for her. A person's sex doesn't qualify them for shit.

barneystinson69 said:
Nem said:
I disagree. She does have reasons to complain. The whole "emails" and the wikileaks "scandal" that was an actual nothing burger really lowered her popularity and most probably cost her the election.

Of course, her biggest problem was a messaging one. But she does have reason to complain.

What about the access hollywood tape? Scandals go around and come around.

You mean the one where Trump revels himself as a sexist pig?

How does that come around? That was far from a 'nothing burger".

It was Trump live and uncut for all to see him for who he is.

The difference is his fans don't give a heck about anything. They wanted to vote out of protest and the result is now in sight.

Its what happens when you target your campaign for people who arent even old enough to vote.

She bent over the table willingly. I suggest lefties do the same too.

Hillary certainly is a terrible person. She might have the heart in the right place but the way she presents herself is off putting.

Yet it was still a no brainer to pick her over Trump. But....yeah. People chose to go somehow below zero brain.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.