By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - (prediction) The Switch won't see any hardware revisions/variations in its life-cycle whatsoever

PAOerfulone said:
Well, there goes that prediction. Although it was doomed from the start.

As doomed as the company it was made about, perhaps?

Around the Network

Disagree.

Switch was made with an old semiconductor process to make it cheaper, but that makes it consume more power than it has to.

Nvidia could easily make a Tegra chip for Swith a newer process and thus much better power characteristics once these processes become cheaper, so we are going to see Switch revisions with much better batterylife in the future.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

I came here to laugh at you !

you hurt my feelings.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

I don't know that a Switch XL is practical. I would imagine a hardware revision to be in the form of it being more powerful, not bigger. The screen on the Switch could be improved by being 1080p, but I don't think it needs to be bigger in size. I also don't see Nintendo having two separate lines of Joy Cons for two SKUs. People will want their current Joy Cons to be compatible going forward.

Dulfite said:
PAOerfulone said:
Well, there goes that prediction. Although it was doomed from the start.

As doomed as the company it was made about, perhaps?

Touche.

Around the Network

You are not TBone...sorry....

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

fatslob-:O said:
Miyamotoo said:

Tegra X2 is 16nm and compared to Tegra X1 that is in Switch it's much more energy efficient and has some other improvements. Switch revisions will probably likely use Tegra X2.

Tegra X2 only improves the maximum GPU frequency by 12% within similar TDP range ... 

TSMC's 16nm is actually 20nm with their FinFET technology ... (Tegra X2 in comparison to Tegra X1 is a dud in terms of efficiency improvements) 

This is mostly due to the Denver2 cores (big)/A57 (LITTLE) replacing an A57 (big)/A53 (LITTLE) configuration. A53 consume much less than A57 or the Denver2 cores at same clock speeds.

Since The Switch only uses the A57 cores of the X1, I'm pretty sure they would do the same on a X2. For same consumption Switch on an X2 would probably be able to raise CPU clock speed to 1.3-1.5Ghz and GPU clocks to aprroximatively 450Mhz (handheld mode)/1000Mhz (Docked), which all in all would be a 30-45% increase to the X1

I predict a docked only variation of the console for those who do not require handheld. Make this happen I wanna play oddessy and botw

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...