By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - July 2017 NPD Thread! Switch #1

Wow, i never knew videogames sales data was this complicated, and so top secret; some serious bussiness here. Plus some guy claiming ethomaz (really? Ethomaz? Not kidding, for real?) being some kind of god?? Seriously, guys... get out, have a little adventure, get a taste of real life. These are videogames!!!! We're talking about. I dont get how all of these works.... but for someone to lose his job, just 'cause he leaked some numbers (again, videogames sales) in some website??? I mean, what the hell? Just, dont!! Dont risk it. There's always gonna be some douch, who will do his/her best to screw someone else... because those kind of people exist! They're real. People who just want shit to happend no matter what. Sorry for that guy that seems in trouble (librarian) just because he wanted some recognition, but that's not how real life works. I guess he wont do it again

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
I find it hard to believe someone like librarian would risk losing his job over this. It's not worth it just so we get numbers. I actually hope you stop for your sake. Obviously you enjoy the attention you get but it just ain't worth it.

If you have any sense, you would just message the mods and we can quickly discuss a mods 'prediction' knowing full well it's the results. You're doing these leaks all wrong.

Why discussing that any further. Librarian already said he is out, so we'll have no numbers going forward. No need to discuss different opinions on ethics, cleverness or whatever. We just don't have anything to discuss from now on.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

You guys really took these numbers and made it a problem where it didn't have to be. This is why we can't have nice things like this and have it last.

Formerly ilovegirls69  :(

2 million for PS4, 1.6 million for NSW, and 990k for XBO so far this year.

Isn't the US Microsoft's best market?

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

StuOhQ said:

In terms of total unit sales, yes. In terms of marketshare and relative to the size of the population, the UK is Microsoft's best market.

EDIT: Also, the Switch is at 1.8 million, not 1.6 million.

Around the Network

The PS4 needs to sell more than 3.7 million more units for it to beat 2015.

StuOhQ said:

It is and that's the problem this gen for them the Xbox brand's performance is reliant on strong US performance a region which is widely seen as fair game for all platform holder, both of MS' competitors are doing well in US which leads to the Xbox brand is being beaten WW as EU is a luke warm region for them and Japan they're can't get out the gate.

jason1637 said:

It is over 200k units ahead so far when you compare the years though. But the PS4 had a very strong holiday period in 2015, so it'll be tough. The PS4 sold over 3 million only in nov+dec in 2015.

jason1637 said:
When was the last time the XBO sold less than 100k? I think it was the month before the kinect got unbundled but I might be wrong.

I beleive you are correct.  If memory is correct the sales bounced back, not quite overtaking the PS4, but at least getting back over 100k.  It was around 77k. The shocking part about this is that Amazon had a really good sale in July for Xbox One so I am a little stumped.  Still, for Nintendo, to have 2/3 of the top spots this month is also worthy of praise.  

PS4 sales also dipped before the pro.  I am not sure how much of this also was because of the X model.   However, when Sony one november, it is important to remember that the number one bundle was the Slim Uncharte bundle, by a HUGE margin.   Therefore, while it is cool to calculate the potential X sales, it is more important to calculate a rebounded S model sales, because this will be key for Microsoft if they hope to win November.  The screwed up part is that Microsoft has to make the S model undercut the X model to push sales during the holiday season.  This is because you don't want people holding off getting an Xbox because they can't afford the X model.  Similar to Pro last year.   With Nintendo coming in strong, I think Microsoft has two huge problems:

1. Regardless of what folks say, I was right about the Switch being popular. It is going to be the single hottest item this holiday and you can take that to the bank.

2. A 199.99 PS4 will make the S model an even harder sale.  The bundle options are limitless and severly more attractive than Microsof't lineup. I predict that Crackdown 3 will ship free with the Xbox One to help fight it.

Teeqoz said:
jason1637 said:

It is over 200k units ahead so far when you compare the years though. But the PS4 had a very strong holiday period in 2015, so it'll be tough. The PS4 sold over 3 million only in nov+dec in 2015.

A $199 PS4 and a $349 Pro should definitely help it this holiday season.