By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - July 2017 NPD Thread! Switch #1

Shadow1980 said:

And with that being said, here's a couple of charts I was able to update:

Haven't made a chart yet, but here's Switch vs. 3DS lifetime sales after the first five months:

Switch: 1794k
3DS: 946k

That's an 848k lead for the Switch over the 3DS.

Intresting, good job.

Around the Network

Overall

1. Splatoon 2*
2. Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy
3. Grand Theft Auto V
4. Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
5. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild*
6. Injustice 2
7. Mario Kart 8*
8. Overwatch**
9. Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six: Siege
10. NBA 2K17
11. Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Wildlands
12. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered
13. Call of Duty: Black Ops III
14. Minecraft
15. Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare
16. MLB 17: The Show
17. ARMS*
18. Battlefield 1
19. Mass Effect: Andromeda
20. Tekken 7

* No digital sales
** No Battle.net sales

The best-selling games of 2017 so far

1. Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Wildlands
2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild*
3. For Honor
4. Grand Theft Auto V
5. Horizon Zero Dawn
6. Injustice 2
7. Mass Effect: Andromeda
8. Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
9. NBA 2K17
10. Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare

The best-selling games over the last 12 months

1. Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare
2. Battlefield 1
3. NBA 2K17
4. Madden NFL 17
5. Grand Theft Auto V
6. Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Wildlands
7. FIFA 17
8. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild*
9. Final Fantasy XV
10. For Honor

https://venturebeat.com/2017/08/17/july-2017-npd-splatoon-2-paints-a-pretty-picture-for-nintendo/

More charts at the link.

Breath of the Wild in the top 5, just won't stop. And Arms still managed to make the chart, not a bad sign.

RolStoppable said:
Cool, Splatoon 2 isn't only the best-selling new retail SKU, it also sold more than any other game, most of which have their digital sales included.

Well, the other games weren't released in July.

Wow, didn't know Andromeda had sold more than RE7.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Cool, Splatoon 2 isn't only the best-selling new retail SKU, it also sold more than any other game, most of which have their digital sales included.

Chart is revenue based. I wouldn't be surprised if Crash sold more units than Spla2n.

BotW gonna be topping the 2017 chart pretty soon, can it do it before Destiny 2 or CoD release? I also wonder if the current Nintendo trifecta can remain in the Top 10 before the end of the year (with Odyssey taking the place of Spla2n or MK8D).

Lol @ Arms > Tekken.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Slarvax said:
RolStoppable said:

Chart is revenue based. I wouldn't be surprised if Crash sold more units than Spla2n.

BotW gonna be topping the 2017 chart pretty soon, can it do it before Destiny 2 or CoD release? I also wonder if the current Nintendo trifecta can remain in the Top 10 before the end of the year (with Odyssey taking the place of Spla2n or MK8D).

Lol @ Arms > Tekken.

Splatoon 2 actually ended up selling more

“Nintendo’s Splatoon 2 was the best-selling title of the month,” said Piscatella.

Good results for Nintendo. Good to see.

So how much do we know the Xbox One sold? Anyways great to see both the Switch and Splatoon 2 at number 1.

John19 said:
Slarvax said:

Lol @ Arms > Tekken.

Splatoon 2 actually ended up selling more

“Nintendo’s Splatoon 2 was the best-selling title of the month,” said Piscatella.

Actually, yeah. Just read that. Long live the squids.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988