By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Capcom: Ultra Street Fighter II Was A "Smash Hit" On Switch

A +20year old game that was revamped 9years ago that can be bought for $5-10 but was able to sell it for $40. Yea of course it was a 'smash hit'.

Other 3rd party devs are kicking themselves for not following this.

Around the Network
miedek said:
You know what that means... more $60 SNES re-releases! Oh joy!

Yeah. They will use this info how they want. Does this mean that Switch owners want more capcom games or maybe the Switch audience is highly lucrative and full of game hungry owners??  Does this mean they should take it seriously and release better Monster Hunter titles, resident evil and more?  No it means to them just what you said. Had Street Fighter not sold well they would have just said that the Switch owners don't want capcom games or only buy Nintendo. It's always someone else's fault. I hate these huge ego games companies, and Capcom has always been bad at business decisions.

For all the potential faults of Ultra Street Fighter as a opening for overpriced games, I do appreciate a good reaction to third party on the Switch.

This can only be good, even if Ultra Mega Man X ends up a thing

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

DonFerrari said:
So people that were complaining when they said they would use SF II to gauge the interest of the market on Switch will now accept that as positive and not dummy Crapcom?

Seemingly it sold well although being crap. So Capcom has no excuse left.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Miyamotoo said:
vivster said:

So it sold 15 instead of the expected 10 copies? 50% above your estimate is indeed 

Actually it seems they sold around 450k units.

Dude, never react to vivster, he thinks he is funny.

Around the Network
Mnementh said:
DonFerrari said:
So people that were complaining when they said they would use SF II to gauge the interest of the market on Switch will now accept that as positive and not dummy Crapcom?

Basically what I think. Now it's a matter to see if they'll read it as launch more AAA games ports or versions for Switch or just release cheap games to profit.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

zippy said:
VGPolyglot said:
And I'm one of the people that helped contribute to its "smash hit".

Me too 😀

Me too!

DonFerrari said:

It was a mistranslation if I remember correctly. USFII was never intended to be a gauge.

DonFerrari said:
Mnementh said:

Basically what I think. Now it's a matter to see if they'll read it as launch more AAA games ports or versions for Switch or just release cheap games to profit.

Yeah, we'll see. If they just translate their japanese MonHun-games they inevitably have to release for Switch, I'm fine though.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

GoOnKid said:
DonFerrari said:

It was a mistranslation if I remember correctly. USFII was never intended to be a gauge.

Well I'm not sure about the mistake made. But what I understood they wanted to test how the owners would respond to see if there was a good enough market for their products. But sure I can be wrong

Mnementh said:
DonFerrari said:

Yeah, we'll see. If they just translate their japanese MonHun-games they inevitably have to release for Switch, I'm fine though.

I don't think Capcom is as dumb as some think. If there is more money to be made than it will cost then they may release on Switch. And so far the platform seem very viable.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."