By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Capcom: Ultra Street Fighter II Was A "Smash Hit" On Switch

Please collab with Nintendo on a 3D Classic Megaman Game...or at least make 2.5 HD remakes of X1-4. Nintendo fans would like that.

Around the Network

USF2 is over priced but no less awesome on Switch, RE7 is phenominal.  Well deserved.

Luke888 said:
Lawlight said:

Capcom updated the sales figures on their websites - 3.7M copies shipped. Ultra Street Fighter 2 nowhere to be found on that list so it sold less than 1M copies.

Well what did you expect ? it's a SNES game sold at 40$ in 2017, it took 8 months to make the game, it didn't need to sell milions to make a great profit...

I expected a "smash hit" to sell a million, yes.

But ultra SF2 the F. Challanger is really really fun. I mean you can play HD Remix on the go at 720p and have online rank matches. It is not an evo game but it is a nice game for fast match ups. I need 45 seconds from booting to the ranked match. That is perfect for the toillette or right before sleeping. Love that game.

Lawlight said:
Luke888 said:

Well what did you expect ? it's a SNES game sold at 40$ in 2017, it took 8 months to make the game, it didn't need to sell milions to make a great profit...

You have to take the scale of the project and expected sales into account. It's a street fighter 2 port that probably would have made it's money back with 100k copies sold and with 450k being tossed around before the holidays or any sales this game is pretty successful

Around the Network
collint0101 said:
Lawlight said:

You have to take the scale of the project and expected sales into account. It's a street fighter 2 port that probably would have made it's money back with 100k copies sold and with 450k being tossed around before the holidays or any sales this game is pretty successful

Don't know where those 450K numbers come from but why would people buy such a poor game?

- M, Carl

Lawlight said:
collint0101 said:

Don't know where those 450K numbers come from but why would people buy such a poor game?

I bought it because I like street fighter and I wanted a version of 2 that has an active online community since the ps3 version is pretty dead. It's a fighter whether or not you get your money's worth depends on how much you enjoy the core combat and whether or not there's a decent online player base 

450,000 shipped plus digital, may that be something 3rd parties take notice of. Your games will sell, stop being lazy berks

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

Side note: Super Bomberman R managed to hit 500k pretty fast, too. Success is possibly, third parties.

Lawlight said:

Seems that it's above expectations and Capcom is happy with it, happy enough that they're looking at giving Switch more support.

As a side note, I'm sick of seeing you shit up Nintendo threads with nothing but constant negativity.