By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Capcom: Ultra Street Fighter II Was A "Smash Hit" On Switch

Rem87919394 said:
Carl2291 said:

Seems that it's above expectations and Capcom is happy with it, happy enough that they're looking at giving Switch more support.

As a side note, I'm sick of seeing you shit up Nintendo threads with nothing but constant negativity.

It's not crazy wonder how a game that sold that much would be considered a smash hit. Multiple people are questioning and making jokes about it. I'd call Zelda a smash hit

Because this game would have cost peanuts they basically ported over HDR and added 2 characters and sold it at full price and moved 450 units which is more than the original HDR's sales on both 360 and PS3 combined in fact probably 10 times more than both combined and those versions cost like 10 quid no wonder they're celebrating.

Right now they're likely prepping the RE ports and so on for round 2 of free money.

Around the Network
Wyrdness said:
Rem87919394 said:

It's not crazy wonder how a game that sold that much would be considered a smash hit. Multiple people are questioning and making jokes about it. I'd call Zelda a smash hit

Because this game would have cost peanuts they basically ported over HDR and added 2 characters and sold it at full price and moved 450 units which is more than the original HDR's sales on both 360 and PS3 combined in fact probably 10 times more than both combined and those versions cost like 10 quid no wonder they're celebrating.

Right now they're likely prepping the RE ports and so on for round 2 of free money.

Yea that's great now more people can pay for an overpriced version of an old game. Capcom is full of bs

fleischr said:
Baddman said:
I want this game but not for 40 I would have bought it for 20 or less

There are many more like us.

Start selling it under 20, under 10 and the digital sales may push it past SFV

Yeh and now I will probably have to wait longer for them to bring that ridiculous price down

Baddman said:
fleischr said:

There are many more like us.

Start selling it under 20, under 10 and the digital sales may push it past SFV

Yeh and now I will probably have to wait longer for them to bring that ridiculous price down

Same here, but Im not in a hurry. Ill wait till hits the 20 price point and get it. I have my hands full rite now anyways

Wyrdness said:
Rem87919394 said:

We shall NOT feed the trolls! And here you go and feed them. Boy, now go in the corner and shame!

Around the Network
Wyrdness said:
Rem87919394 said:

To be fair,  they only do ports because they have struggled to understand what their own audiences for major franchises actually want/like in most games.

They finally understand about the Tournament scene/eSports and SFV is pretty successful there for the most part but they forgot the normal and traditional gamer that can barely do supers on command but enjoy the games for their style and maybe story. RE7 is a welcomed return to horror that helped make the original games classic but they made it first person, which works great for the VR crowd but makes it look not so different from the large number of FPS that currently are all over the market plus your average long time RE fan probably would have preferred the third person perspective.

Time will tell how Monster Hunter World does, for there sake I hope it does well, another failure for that franchise (which given all the promotion, cross media stuff and the fact they were aiming directly at the Pokemon/Yokai Watch crowds which are usally million sellers, that they did for Monster Hunter Stories, only for average sales it probably is considered as such) which has been propping them up for a few years could be devastating.