By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Capcom: Ultra Street Fighter II Was A "Smash Hit" On Switch

So, they got away with more than they thought they would.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

Around the Network
vivster said:

So it sold 15 instead of the expected 10 copies? 50% above your estimate is indeed 

Actually it seems they sold around 450k units.

Miyamotoo said:
vivster said:

So it sold 15 instead of the expected 10 copies? 50% above your estimate is indeed 

That would indeed not be terrible. Maybe it's time for other companies to port their SNES games to the Switch too.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

They need to release Dragon's Dogma for Switch. Easy million seller.

And I'm one of the people that helped contribute to its "smash hit".

Around the Network
vivster said:
Miyamotoo said:

That would indeed not be terrible. Maybe it's time for other companies to port their SNES games to the Switch too.

With 450k units sold of Ultra Street Fighter II, Capcom made enough money to finance 2-3 Switch AAA ports. :)

Bet their regretting not bringing the mega man legacy collection 2 and the disney afternoon collection to the Switch now.

VGPolyglot said:
And I'm one of the people that helped contribute to its "smash hit".

Me too 😀

So people that were complaining when they said they would use SF II to gauge the interest of the market on Switch will now accept that as positive and not dummy Crapcom?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
I keep forgetting Resident Evil 7 even fucking exists. It's like no one has talked it about it all since a month after it's released.

I liked RE7...but now that I think on it, it honestly didn't leave much of an impact after playing. I honestly can't even remember the names of the characters, and other then one cool twist at the end, I can't remember much of what happened. Just a bunch of spoopy houses with a lot of jump-scares.

As cheesy as the last few games were, they had a goofy charm I enjoyed...even if 7 was probably an objectively better game. Hard to really explain I guess. I think it's the difference between familiar characters and fresh ones.

Also so I'm on topic, nice surprise for Streer Fighter. Hopefully Capcom keeps supporting the platform.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334