By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Donald Trump vs CNN Twitter Fight.

d21lewis said:
barneystinson69 said:

Deserved. CNN pulled the Russia story from their ass for months, and they are run by a bunch of "adults" as well. I honestly would be angry as well if I was being continually targeted by the media unjustly because they don't suck up to the cocks of Wolf Blitzer and Rachel Maddow.

I wouldn't say they pulled it out of their ass. It was stated by several in the White House including our former President and the former director of the FBI.

CNN reports the news. They don't make it. Unless I'm missing something...

Its not quite that simple. CNN is a business and they will focus on any negative Trump stories, specuate, and fill time will people that hate Trump. There is a fairly large audience that wants this so they do it for ratings.

You could make similar arugments about any network really. But CNN essentially admitted they do this.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
d21lewis said:

I wouldn't say they pulled it out of their ass. It was stated by several in the White House including our former President and the former director of the FBI.

CNN reports the news. They don't make it. Unless I'm missing something...

Its not quite that simple. CNN is a business and they will focus on any negative Trump stories, specuate, and fill time will people that hate Trump. There is a fairly large audience that wants this so they do it for ratings.

You could make similar arugments about any network really. But CNN essentially admitted they do this.

But there is a big difference between that and "fake news"

Errorist76 said:
EricHiggin said:

Want to know what else used to be "well known"?  That the Earth was flat...  good to know that was the factual truth and still is...   heaven forbid anyone ever came along and questioned that fact and tried to prove otherwise...  (btw, a bunch of scientists, astronomers, mathematicians, were all executed during this period, only to later be proven correct about their crazy "round Earth" assumptions and proofs).

The US hasn't been all that succussful in their attempts, if you believe what the news tells you. The bigger question is did they really want to change things, or did they just want to destabilize them? There are just as many, if not more benefits to destabilizing another country, instead of democratizing it, in terms of business anyway.

So what your saying is if the best American public speaker, super articulate, good looking, well dressed, ran for President, against a bunch of Trump like candidates, yet had by far, the worst policies and agenda planned for the US, that you would rather vote for them because you would respect the fact that they were hands down, the most acceptable on the outside, but heartless and empty between the ears?

Trumps behavior reminds me a lot of my mother. If my brother and I were legit, she was legit. If we got out of hand, she tried to stop it legitimately at first, but since that rarely worked, she would get a little crazy and in our faces, like Trump. Needless to say, while it took some time at first for us to get used to that, we eventually fell in line, and were much more well behaved in general going forward. Playtime was fair game, but otherwise, acting as mature as possible for our age was expected. Trump is just acting like a parent with some out of control kids who won't follow the rules. The news is acting like a bunch of spoiled brats who were never disciplined and don't like the fact that the new dad in town doesn't allow this nonsense, and for good reason.

This reads like satire...please tell me it is.

Trump acts more like a spoiled kid than an adult let alone a parent. 

What he definitely tries to do is push his critics into some kind of self-censorship by trying to bad mouth them. Freedom of speech and the free press are two of the most important pillars of any democracy and you're ok with him trying to sabotage that concept?!

its not on him to decide what they are or are not allowed to say. If you the people allow that you'll soon find yourself in a dictatorship.

Sorry for you mother though.

Trump does something that could be twisted, and the media bashes him. Trump does something amazing that would backfire if twisted, and the media doesn't report it and pretends like they had no idea it happened.

Trump doesn't try to censor anyone. He says if you report fairly, then its fair game. If you don't, I'm calling you out and shooting your questions down on the spot. What does the media do? They just bash Trump even more than they already were before. Sounds to me like the kids don't listen very good.

You talk about freedom of speech and freedom of the press, both which clearly still exist and aren't going away, yet you are also complaining about what Trump says or tweets? I thought it was a free country? Do those rules only apply to the people and businesses, yet not the President or Government?

You can't tell people what they can and cannot say? Really? So your telling me if every single American math teacher started telling kids that 1+1=3, that you would be totally fine with that? What about if every single English teacher decided to speak in Spanish? Teachers have guidelines to follow for a reason, which does to an extent, censor what they are aloud to say. No different than the news is about factual truths. If you want to do anything other than that, then call it something else, like "weekend update" on SNL. If you want to teach 1+1=3, start your own school because no existing school is going to hire you.

I'm sorry bout my mother too. In terms of politics, she's a hardcore liberal and loves Hillary Clinton and can't stand Trump. Which makes sense cause she hates anyone who's like her in terms of personality. Which is also a big reason why she doesn't like me. LOL.

sundin13 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

It's moreso irrelevant news, for the most part. CNN surely has more important things to report on than a Twitter account. And they can surely grow a pair and take it on the chin if a dweeb actually bests them in a tweet, rather than have a fucking meltdown, going after a random nobody who made a gif, and cornering him IRL so that they can get him to apologize.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

sundin13 said:
EricHiggin said:

Want to know what else used to be "well known"?  That the Earth was flat...  good to know that was the factual truth and still is...   heaven forbid anyone ever came along and questioned that fact and tried to prove otherwise...  (btw, a bunch of scientists, astronomers, mathematicians, were all executed during this period, only to later be proven correct about their crazy "round Earth" assumptions and proofs).

A scientific "fact" is fundamentally different than something the news would typically report on. These facts generally revolve around "this event happened" or "this person said something", not "here we present a hypothesis for explaining earth's shape". Scientific facts are based on explaining events or phenomena while "news" facts are based on mere existence of events or phenomena.

We don't need a thorough scientific analysis of whether or not some individual is actually being investigated by the FBI. That doesn't even really make sense. 

PS: Flat earth theory largely went away around the third century BC. It is a myth that it was common in medieval times and before Colombus.

Facts are facts. Guesses are guesses. Opinions are opinions. Males are not Females, and Females are not Males.

The news today is based on here's what just happened from our point of view. The news when it started, was here is what happened, yesterday, or the day before, based on factual evidence gathered from professionals since then. Not this, "breaking news", Trump tweeted something 30 seconds ago that we haven't thought about or even processed yet, but we're triggered so we're telling you our opinion about it now anyway, and after that we won't be changing the story regardless of new facts, because our ratings are amazing now.

Yes it does make sense to be factual if the President is being investigated by the FBI and everything that comes of it. Like finding out at the Comey hearing months later, that Trump was never under investigation for good reason and that Comey just "forgot" to inform the media of that by chance. You also see physical violence like Republican Senators getting shot at a baseball practice by a Bernie Sanders campaign volunteer who was triggered and compelled by all of the negative media directed at Trump and the Republican Party. 

PS: When I said "used to be", that meant sometime before today, but yes, I was aware of the general timeline based on the point I made. Also, anyone would have to assume that before Columbus, round Earth was well known enough. Otherwise you have to assume that Columbus was crazy/suicidal.

Around the Network
onionberry said:
both are pieces of shit.

Bingo. 

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

sundin13 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Well often times its not really news. They speculate for much of the day with little factual information, conspiracy theories and rumors.

For example, when you hear dems getting worked up about everyone that's gonna die from republicans healthcare plan or how anybody talking to a Russian is comming treason... its not really news. This is CNN right now and it gets some ratings.

I mean lets not forget CNN just fired people over fake news.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Fox News had a rampant anti-Obama agenda for 8 straight years and it was no big deal, just everyday normal, so now Trump supporters can't handle CNN being a bit harder on Trump? Gimme a break. Who's the supposed "snowflakes" again? Because a lot of these people sure whine and cry with the best of them (Trump setting the example right from the top as a thin skinned little baby) when the shoe is put on the other foot. 

He is the whinest, most childish president in the history of the country IMO. 

Imagine the freaking backlash if Obama had tweeted an image of himself beating up on a Fox New logo, they would have fully lost their shit.

Errorist76 said:
Mr Puggsly said:
The reaction from the video shows why the media has such low credibility.

People can simulate murdering Trump but this funny video is treated as dangerous? This makes really glad Trump is president. Shows how fucked up the media is.

You misunderstand something..those things are just reactions to the holy fucked-up-ness Donald Trump seems to impersonate. I don't think anyone would have cared had Trump not made one terrible decision after another since he has entered office. He's pretty much a disgrace for the position he's in. The way he acts he is even looking worse than George W at the moment, which in itself is quite an achievement. Btw I believe most Americans do share my opinion.

In your opinion.

I think you're just reacting poorly to someone not pushing all left wing agendas.

Recently Completed

The moment US citizens actually miss the good old days with Bush....