By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Wman1996 said:
KLXVER said:

I think you would be more disappointed after watching a Nintendo focused Direct tbh. I dont think they have much outside of what has been shown already. They are gearing up for the Switch 2.

Sounds right. If the rumored Switch 2 launch in Q1 2025 is accurate, Nintendo is probably not going to give us a confirmation, unveiling, and software all in a February 2024 Direct.

There's probably another port or remaster in the pipeline for Switch's 2024, along with a few unannounced small to mid-games. I'd be shocked if something like 3D Mario or Mario Kart was coming to Switch this year. 

This Partner Showcase should show us game up until June. But I do expect a June Nintendo Direct to unveil Metroid Prime 4 as the holiday game (most likely Oct release).

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 160 million (was 120 million, then 140 million, then 150 million)

PS5: 130 million (was 124 million)

Xbox Series X/S: 54 million (was 60 million, then 57 million)

"The way to accomplish great things, is to be indefatigable and never rest till the thing is accomplished." - Joseph Smith Jr.

Around the Network

I wonder if we'll see a new remake or remaster from SE.

Overdue for FF Tactics.

Huh it's not too often we'll get Direct announcements during the evening on a Monday heh 😀

Anywoo, it'll be intriguing to see what the content of games there will be. It's mentions software for the first half of the year mostly so I'm gonna expect to show whatever they've got for its second half this late spring/early summer.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

A partner showcase is at least worth watching, unlike the indie presentations where they try to sell so many questionable obscure games that the term "woke" applies.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV will outsell Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I was wrong.

RolStoppable said:

A partner showcase is at least worth watching, unlike the indie presentations where they try to sell so many questionable obscure games that the term "woke" applies.

Then you'll hate Princess Peach Showtime.

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
RolStoppable said:

Nintendo doesn’t go woke.

There is nothing wrong with making a new addition to the Princess Peach franchise. Hopefully is sells well so there can be more games that look fun for girls.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 160 million (was 120 million, then 140 million, then 150 million)

PS5: 130 million (was 124 million)

Xbox Series X/S: 54 million (was 60 million, then 57 million)

"The way to accomplish great things, is to be indefatigable and never rest till the thing is accomplished." - Joseph Smith Jr.

Shtinamin_ said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Nintendo doesn’t go woke.

There is nothing wrong with making a new addition to the Princess Peach franchise. Hopefully is sells well so there can be more games that look fun for girls.

Regardless, going woke shouldn't automatically be a bad thing, especially considering anti-woke people have the tendency to storm the White House, shoot black people at a supermarket, or protest military funerals.

Besides, Nintendo gave us one of the first badass women in gaming history when they introduced Samus Aran back in 1986, so I guess they're woke in a good way.

CaptainExplosion said:
RolStoppable said:

Is Peach black now? Or is she a lesbian?

Looks like same ol' Peach to me.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV will outsell Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I was wrong.

RolStoppable said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Is Peach black now? Or is she a lesbian?

Looks like same ol' Peach to me.

Neither, but you came off as not wanting Peach to be a strong female lead not needing rescuing, because that kind of character is woke.

CaptainExplosion said:

Neither, but you came off as not wanting Peach to be a strong female lead not needing rescuing, because that kind of character is woke.

No, that's not really what "woke" means. Being woke is about making political messaging your selling point, such as what we've seen in Nindie presentations. For example, a game that is about Indian culture (I forgot its name and never heard of it again) or that Venba game that is about a family of immigrants that is barely an hour long; it's a different form of style over substance.

I suppose the easiest way to find out if something is woke or not, is to go to ResetEra and look if they are praising a game and anyone who disagrees gets instantly banned.