By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I dont think Im interested in any of the new games announced, but still an ok show I guess.

Around the Network

Grounded and Pentiment are the first 2 Xbox games (of 4) announced for Switch. Hi-Fi Rush and Sea of Thieves are reportedly the other 2 games that will eventually come to other consoles. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

trunkswd said:

Direct is up!

I'm glad I had appropriate expectations going into this. Although, they did really get me with that penultimate announcement. I thought we were getting Rare Replay for a second and was hyped until I realized what it was.

There were a few games that interested me: World of Goo 2, Penny's Big Breakaway, and Peppergrinder were all games I wanted to see more of, so it was nice to get release dates for all of them.

Solid direct for a console this late in in it's life cycle. Pentiment was barely shown, just in the coming soon montage and probably the best game that was shown. Was hoping for rare replay, but the 5 rare games coming to Nintendo Switch online is good to see, hopefully Nintendo starts selling these games on the Switch 2, or secures Rare Replay. World of Goo, Monkey Ball, and Epic Mikey are all great additions.

Nintendo Switch online in Japan getting Mother 3...USA of course not.

Around the Network

Meh. Nvm.

Last edited by JWeinCom - on 21 February 2024

Well, we got 1/10th of Rare Replay at least.

What bothers me about their mention of Contra Operation Galuga is that they credited Fuckonami but not WayForward, the actual developer.

SMT V Vengeance will be mine of course.

Otherwise, appart from the absence of First party games, it almost felt like any normal Nintendo Directs personally. Pretty good impression to have honestly.

Surprised by the presence of a new Endless Ocean with a 30 player online mode haha.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Played through the Contra: Operation Galuga demo. Pretty decent game. Love that you can play as the Probotectors

KLXVER said:

Played through the Contra: Operation Galuga demo. Pretty decent game. Love that you can play as the Probotectors

Ironically, the Germans had the superior version all along !

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909