G2ThaUNiT said:

This upsets me greatly……

When? 20 years ago? lol

It was supposedly cancelled in 2016

CaptainExplosion said:
G2ThaUNiT said:

This upsets me greatly……

Sometimes I think Nintendo hates good ideas. -_-

What about Vicarious Vision's past history gave you the faintest idea this would be anything short of a dumpster fire? 

Rare couldn't make a Donkey Kong 3D game that was any good and they made Banjo Kazooie. what makes you think the developers of crappy licensed titles and 2D GBA games and Tony Hawks games would do this proud? (I was going to look for a comically indicative example of a particularly bad game they did but they were all pretty shitty). 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:
CaptainExplosion said:

What about Vicarious Vision's past history gave you the faintest idea this would be anything short of a dumpster fire? 

Rare couldn't make a Donkey Kong 3D game that was any good and they made Banjo Kazooie. what makes you think the developers of crappy licensed titles and 2D GBA games and Tony Hawks games would do this proud? (I was going to look for a comically indicative example of a particularly bad game they did but they were all pretty shitty). 

I just like having hope, ok? You didn't need to insult my intelligence.

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
G2ThaUNiT said:

This upsets me greatly……

You did read the article, yes?

"So, why was the game ultimately scrapped? Nintendo was interested in working with Vicarious Visions, but Activision, who owned Vicarious Visions, wasn’t interested in working with Nintendo."

"Meanwhile, Donkey Kong himself would have had his own original look, with bigger arms and smaller legs."
Ok, now I may be glad it didn't go anywhere.

Welp, it seems Nintendo wasn't the one who minded the project, however it was at that time that Activision Blizzard pivoted from the established strategy of a diverse library to simply working on their biggest safest established franchises.

That project simply had no good timing to see the light of day.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Sure is nice to have a console with good support. Great games. Selling well. Respects it's audience and doesn't shut down studios. Bring on Switch 2!

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Assuming it has b/c - I'll be there day 1.

Will be my first time buying a new platform in its first year since the PSP back in 2005.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!