By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Trumpcare Would Leave 22 Million Uninsured But Give The Wealthy $250,000 Tax Break

You are entitled to nothing. The federal government's job is to protect it's citizens from foreign aggression. Healthcare is not a human right.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
Gourmet said:
I'm tired of reading "wealthy" and "super wealthy". How do people suppose they make money? What is getting a tax relief, exactly?

Yes. Having contractors. Creating jobs. It's ridiculous how liberals try to spin it as something bad.

You can be wealthy and not really have any jobs in the US.

And you can place all your money on a bank account so it doesnt in anyway shape or form do anything good for the american people.

Trickle down economics doesnt work, the super rich dont spend more because they get a tax break... it just means more money sitting on a bank account doing nothing.

Meanwhile that little extra tax that means next to nothing to the super rich, could save alot of lives, in the form of health care for the poor.

Taxing just because someone has money? Just trying to leave it alone and the government takes a chunk every year? That is straight up extorsion, you sick person.

Gourmet said:
JRPGfan said:

You can be wealthy and not really have any jobs in the US.

And you can place all your money on a bank account so it doesnt in anyway shape or form do anything good for the american people.

Trickle down economics doesnt work, the super rich dont spend more because they get a tax break... it just means more money sitting on a bank account doing nothing.

Meanwhile that little extra tax that means next to nothing to the super rich, could save alot of lives, in the form of health care for the poor.

Taxing just because someone has money? Just trying to leave it alone and the government takes a chunk every year? That is straight up extorsion, you sick person.

Thats typically how it works.... the more you have/make the more you get taxed (in amount).

Also america has a huge gap between the wealthy and poor, bigger than most countries, so its not like you guys tax the rich to death.

JRPGfan said:
Gourmet said:

Thats typically how it works.... the more you have/make the more you get taxed (in amount).

Also america has a huge gap between the wealthy and poor, bigger than most countries, so its not like you guys tax the rich to death.

No it is not. Taxes are based on income.

Locknuts said:
You are entitled to nothing. The federal government's job is to protect it's citizens from foreign aggression. Healthcare is not a human right.

It should be.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
Both ObamaCare and TrumpCare suck ass.

At least with Obama, millions of working poor had some form of health care and they didn't have to die if they got seriously ill. The US needs universal health care. It should be a right, not a privilege. 

Zod95 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Our unemployed are probably the fattest people in this country. So I assure you I have little concern for them starving.
https://www.wired.com/2012/06/homeless-obesity/

I have no problem paying for the healthcare of those who genuinely can't work. But maybe some of the 22 million is people just making bad choices.

If you think people are unemployed because they don't want to work, you need to make a serious tour across the country. You'll learn a lot.

I tell you people that don't want to work. Those 350 multi-millionaires that do nothing all day but spend tons of money. Most probably, they never worked in their lives. They don't even know what that is.

I said some. It may just be a few million, it could be most of that 22 million. Unfortunately its hard to find accurate figures why so many rely on Obamacare.

Ultimately, able body people shouldn't get FREE health unless they have a damn good reason. I've literally seen entitlements ruin people in my family. The mom got welfare, the daughter eventually got welfare, now their kids are a new generation relying on welfare. It literally ruins people to know they can live fairly comfortably on government handouts. Its good intentions actually doing something evil, killing any ambition.

Unfortunately, you can't blame the rich for these poor lifestyle choices.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Shit, my grandmother is a disabled patient and needs 24/7 professional care. Really hope this doesn't drive costs up. Hard enough with someone who constantly needs both a legit caretaker and family members at all times

Locknuts said:

Why not? Do we not deserve to let people live? Not everyone can afford the outrageous costs for medical bills. A $4000 MRI is flat-out insane.

The United States' healthcare system needs to be fixed. Any Canadians/Australians/Europeans who'd like to talk about theirs? 

And the funny thing is, those dumb Trump supporters will be cheering on their own death.