By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Trumpcare Would Leave 22 Million Uninsured But Give The Wealthy $250,000 Tax Break

Trumpcare sucks. It should be a complete repeal of Obamacare. Obamacare caused millions to lose their coverage, choice of doctor, and skyrocketed premiums for middle America. Neither one of these plans are worth the paper they were printed on. It's not murder though. That is disingenuous and outlandish.

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
Zod95 said:

I completely agree with your first 2 sentences. Regarding the 3rd one, stay out of wars and suddenly everything is sustainable.

Make healthcare affordable is not rocket science. Just look at what dozens of countries around the world have done.

Our military budget is very high yet still a fraction of our healthcare, social security and other entitlements spending. Our military budget could be 0% of the budget and we would still spend too much. The US has a spending problem and its not sustainable.

Well some countries pay high taxes for "free" healthcare. But they also have regulations that keep the costs of healthcare down. Canada inpaticular is known for long waits and that's because their healthcare needs more money in a country with already high taxes. So I dunno, its a more complex issue than people treat it. Seems like there are pros and cons no matter what direction we go.

I was talking to a someone younger than me about healthcare recently. He said he wanted a cheap healthcare plan that just covers major problems but doesn't cover the small stuff like checkups or other simple procedures. I had to explain to him that's what Obamacare took away, affordable coverage options that made us shop around for simple stuff. When insurance is expected cover everything, nobody price shops so all procedures get more expensive.

The USA has been the number one medical tourism destination on Earth due to speed of service for years. Nothing is free, including services paid for by high taxes.

The_Yoda said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

They could before? Only if they had kids. A single or married person not on disablity could not get Medicaid. You could only receive it if you had a child or children. They can now in most states.

Wrong the emergency room cannot deny medical care to ANYONE period. I said nothing of medicaid. 

And I said nothing of the emergency room.

People mistake Trump for being for the 'poor class' but he's specifically for the 'working middle class' ...

As long as you're not a high partisan democrat, extreme environmentalist, illegal alien or the bottom 20% in income, Trump is on you're side ... (those in the bottom 10% income range have other bigger problems than who's president)

It's kind of funny to see rich and highly democratic states or districts like Maryland, Connecticut, DC, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Washington and California to claim the poor needs help when the bottom 20 states aside from Nevada, Maine, New Mexico, and maybe Michigan all disagreed with them LOL ...

The only one that really even needs health insurance are specific blue collar workers and long term life threatening diseases ...

The 22 million number is just that, a number what we need to know exactly is how many of them are at high risk ...

KManX89 said:
And the funny thing is, those dumb Trump supporters will be cheering on their own death.

As long as they believe liberals are 'offended', they'll do anything, including killing themselves and our planet

Around the Network
epicurean said:
The democrats were smart in getting their health care bill through, no matter who much it screwed the working class or the deficit. Now whenever it attempts to be changed/repealed/etc, they will always be able to say "millions lose insurance". That is always the lead.

Because millions of people not dying is a lot more important than anything else?

And I don't know why you make this exclusive to democrats. Remember that one guy who promised to insure everyone. He must be furious right now at the Republicans.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

monocle_layton said:
KManX89 said:
And the funny thing is, those dumb Trump supporters will be cheering on their own death.

As long as they believe liberals are 'offended', they'll do anything, including killing themselves and our planet

lol, it'd be funny if it wasn't true. 

AlfredoTurkey said:
The_Yoda said:

Wrong the emergency room cannot deny medical care to ANYONE period. I said nothing of medicaid. 

And I said nothing of the emergency room.

Fair enough I took "At least with Obama, millions of working poor had some form of health care and they didn't have to die if they got seriously ill. The US needs universal health care. It should be a right, not a privilege. " to mean medical attention , the kind that will be provided to anyone visiting the emergency room.  My bad, I put words in your mouth.  As another user pointed out the emergency room won't be able to do much about cancer or several other diseases, that said an emergency room can treat you for many many serious things.

Emergency room visits by the uninsured were touted as one of the big costs that were driving costs up and with the ACA and these millions of new insured we were assured that this number would drop just like our costs.  I find this and many of the statistics provided on this page to be interesting and quite counter to the lie we were fed with the (your going to have to pass it to read it) ACA you are defending:

21. The ACA requirement for health coverage took effect Jan. 1, 2014; here is how volume changed between then and March 2015, according to emergency medicine physicians:

• Greatly increased: 28 percent
• Slightly increased: 47 percent
• Remained the same: 17 percent
• Slightly decreased: 5 percent
• Greatly decreased: 0 percent
• Not sure: 3 percent

Looks like emergency rooms are getting busier comparing the numbers from the first page (2016 numbers) to the CDC's numbers from 2013 found here.  Amazingly even with the wonderful ACA 14% of those visiting the emergency room had ... wait for it ... no insurance! OMG can you believe it?

vivster said:
epicurean said:
The democrats were smart in getting their health care bill through, no matter who much it screwed the working class or the deficit. Now whenever it attempts to be changed/repealed/etc, they will always be able to say "millions lose insurance". That is always the lead.

Because millions of people not dying is a lot more important than anything else?

And I don't know why you make this exclusive to democrats. Remember that one guy who promised to insure everyone. He must be furious right now at the Republicans.

Vivster of the many people here I would have figured you to be one that took the view that humanity is a cancer upon this planet.  I know many of you will disagree but part of my mind, the logical part, really does believe that.  If we go unchecked living longer, thereby consuming more we will quickly, in a geological sense, choke the shit out of this planet. Then there is the damn empathetic part of my mind that really wishes we lived in a utopia where everyone was cared for and knew little to no sufferring and managed to find a way not to over-run this planet of ours.  I don't want people to suffer and die, but die some must to make room for the new. i used to think China was monsterous for thier laws on child bearing but i've kind of come around to thinking they had some forsight (or they watched the movie Idiocracy and it made a good deal of sense to them)

trump is a business man I am not surprise