By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Trumpcare Would Leave 22 Million Uninsured But Give The Wealthy $250,000 Tax Break

AlfredoTurkey said:
shikamaru317 said:
Both ObamaCare and TrumpCare suck ass.

At least with Obama, millions of working poor had some form of health care and they didn't have to die if they got seriously ill. The US needs universal health care. It should be a right, not a privilege. 

They could before, they can now and likely they will be able to go to the emergency room after this bill and not be denied care. This argument is a falacy.

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:

I said some. It may just be a few million, it could be most of that 22 million. Unfortunately its hard to find accurate figures why so many rely on Obamacare.

Ultimately, able body people shouldn't get FREE health unless they have a damn good reason. I've literally seen entitlements ruin people in my family. The mom got welfare, the daughter eventually got welfare, now their kids are a new generation relying on welfare. It literally ruins people to know they can live fairly comfortably on government handouts. Its good intentions actually doing something evil, killing any ambition.

Unfortunately, you can't blame the rich for these poor lifestyle choices.

Some? That's more than obvious. In 22 000 000 people, some will definitely be in the "making bad choices" basket. But even those shouldn't be left for dead by any disease. They're human beings after all.

So many rely on Obamacare because healthcare is crazy expensive in the USA. Moreover, do you know how many people rely on public healthcare in Finland? Nearly 100%. And the country isn't bankrupt.

I give you a damn good reason: they don't find a job. People with perfect body, perfect mind, willingness to work, a strong desire to start a career, to stop living in their parents homes, to start a family and a life on their own sometimes can't - find - a - job. You know why? Because employers have thousands to choose from.

Your family is not the universe. There's world besises your family. Entire countries do welfare and it works. Moreoever, we are discussing healthcare, not welfare.

I don't blame the rich for every problem in the world. I just think some of them should experience 1 month being poor and then they would probably have a different view about healthcare, unemployment and even welfare. Imagine of those 4 weeks: 1 starving, 1 struggling to get a job and 2 working on a sh***y job they had to beg to get, while using basic healthcare and having their kids on public schools. Most of them would get those totally new mindsets we see CEOs getting on Undercover Boss. Many rich people live on a welfare bubble and lack total empathy for poor people.

Prediction made in 14/01/2014 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 100M      XOne: 70M      WiiU: 25M

Prediction made in 01/04/2016 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 100M      XOne: 50M      WiiU: 18M

Prediction made in 15/04/2017 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 90M      XOne: 40M      WiiU: 15M      Switch: 20M

Prediction made in 24/03/2018 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 110M      XOne: 50M      WiiU: 14M      Switch: 65M

The_Yoda said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

At least with Obama, millions of working poor had some form of health care and they didn't have to die if they got seriously ill. The US needs universal health care. It should be a right, not a privilege. 

They could before, they can now ansad likely they will be able to go to the emergency room after this bill and not be denied care. This argument is a falacy.

Ah yes, the same tired GOP argument that's been beaten into the ground. 

ER access won't do you a lick of good if you're dying of cancer especially if you can't afford treatment which is exactly what this draconian bill entails.

The_Yoda said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

They could before, they can now and likely they will be able to go to the emergency room after this bill and not be denied care. This argument is a falacy.

They could before? Only if they had kids. A single or married person not on disablity could not get Medicaid. You could only receive it if you had a child or children. They can now in most states.

Zod95 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I said some. It may just be a few million, it could be most of that 22 million. Unfortunately its hard to find accurate figures why so many rely on Obamacare.

Ultimately, able body people shouldn't get FREE health unless they have a damn good reason. I've literally seen entitlements ruin people in my family. The mom got welfare, the daughter eventually got welfare, now their kids are a new generation relying on welfare. It literally ruins people to know they can live fairly comfortably on government handouts. Its good intentions actually doing something evil, killing any ambition.

Unfortunately, you can't blame the rich for these poor lifestyle choices.

Some? That's more than obvious. In 22 000 000 people, some will definitely be in the "making bad choices" basket. But even those shouldn't be left for dead by any disease. They're human beings after all.

So many rely on Obamacare because healthcare is crazy expensive in the USA. Moreover, do you know how many people rely on public healthcare in Finland? Nearly 100%. And the country isn't bankrupt.

I give you a damn good reason: they don't find a job. People with perfect body, perfect mind, willingness to work, a strong desire to start a career, to stop living in their parents homes, to start a family and a life on their own sometimes can't - find - a - job. You know why? Because employers have thousands to choose from.

Your family is not the universe. There's world besises your family. Entire countries do welfare and it works. Moreoever, we are discussing healthcare, not welfare.

I don't blame the rich for every problem in the world. I just think some of them should experience 1 month being poor and then they would probably have a different view about healthcare, unemployment and even welfare. Imagine of those 4 weeks: 1 starving, 1 struggling to get a job and 2 working on a sh***y job they had to beg to get, while using basic healthcare and having their kids on public schools. Most of them would get those totally new mindsets we see CEOs getting on Undercover Boss. Many rich people live on a welfare bubble and lack total empathy for poor people.

Less resources invested in parasites makes it easier to support people that really need it. We both want people helped, but I genuinely believe too many entitlements ruins people and takes away ambition. More importantly what were doing now is not sustainable.

I would like everybody to get access to quality healthcare, but again our governement hasnt found a way to make it more affordable. Solve that first and then consider free. Dont just throw a limitless fund into it and make everybody pay more.

My family is not everyone but its literally communities. I blame government for creating this

The rich dont need to learn poor people problems. Just make them pay fairly high taxes. But also dont discourage them from potentially creating jobs.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

Newsflash: There are millions of uninsured people TODAY who are forced to pay the ObamaCare "penalty" (aka TAX) because they can't afford the actual health coverage under ObamaCare, or they just don't want to spend their hard earned money on inferior healthcare that has high premiums / deductibles.

'Member when President Obama said "if you like your health care plan, you can keep your health care plan?" Or, "if you like your Doctor, you can keep your Doctor?" Or even better... "the Affordable Care Act (sorry, I just threw up in my mouth a little) will save the average family $2,500 a year?"

I 'member. And then it got passed and put into place, and EVERYONE'S premiums went up while insurers were either forced out of the market altogether or offered limited options through the ACA, and millions of people lost access to their preferred Drs and hospitals of choice.

Obama lied, people died.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

AlfredoTurkey said:
The_Yoda said:

They could before? Only if they had kids. A single or married person not on disablity could not get Medicaid. You could only receive it if you had a child or children. They can now in most states.

Wrong the emergency room cannot deny medical care to ANYONE period. I said nothing of medicaid. 

Mr Puggsly said:
Zod95 said:

Less resources invested in parasites makes it easier to support people that really need it. We both want people helped, but I genuinely believe too many entitlements ruins people and takes away ambition. More importantly what were doing now is not sustainable.

I would like everybody to get access to quality healthcare, but again our governement hasnt found a way to make it more affordable. Solve that first and then consider free. Dont just throw a limitless fund into it and make everybody pay more.

My family is not everyone but its literally communities. I blame government for creating this

The rich dont need to learn poor people problems. Just make them pay fairly high taxes. But also dont discourage them from potentially creating jobs.

I completely agree with your first 2 sentences. Regarding the 3rd one, stay out of wars and suddenly everything is sustainable.

Make healthcare affordable is not rocket science. Just look at what dozens of countries around the world have done.

Prediction made in 14/01/2014 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 100M      XOne: 70M      WiiU: 25M

Prediction made in 01/04/2016 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 100M      XOne: 50M      WiiU: 18M

Prediction made in 15/04/2017 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 90M      XOne: 40M      WiiU: 15M      Switch: 20M

Prediction made in 24/03/2018 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 110M      XOne: 50M      WiiU: 14M      Switch: 65M

KManX89 said:
The_Yoda said:

They could before, they can now ansad likely they will be able to go to the emergency room after this bill and not be denied care. This argument is a falacy.

Ah yes, the same tired GOP argument that's been beaten into the ground. 

ER access won't do you a lick of good if you're dying of cancer especially if you can't afford treatment which is exactly what this draconian bill entails.

I've been allowed to smile and take it up the ass with the ACA and I'm not defending this bill by the way, from what I understand it sucks too. There were millions in the fringe under the ACA as well that got boned and it "killed". Sorry no insurance for you and you get to pay a penalty that GUESS WHAT doesn't really kick into full effect until after Obama left the white house (briliant move by the way)

Zod95 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I completely agree with your first 2 sentences. Regarding the 3rd one, stay out of wars and suddenly everything is sustainable.

Make healthcare affordable is not rocket science. Just look at what dozens of countries around the world have done.

Our military budget is very high yet still a fraction of our healthcare, social security and other entitlements spending. Our military budget could be 0% of the budget and we would still spend too much. The US has a spending problem and its not sustainable.

Well some countries pay high taxes for "free" healthcare. But they also have regulations that keep the costs of healthcare down. Canada inpaticular is known for long waits and that's because their healthcare needs more money in a country with already high taxes. So I dunno, its a more complex issue than people treat it. Seems like there are pros and cons no matter what direction we go.

I was talking to a someone younger than me about healthcare recently. He said he wanted a cheap healthcare plan that just covers major problems but doesn't cover the small stuff like checkups or other simple procedures. I had to explain to him that's what Obamacare took away, affordable coverage options that made us shop around for simple stuff. When insurance is expected cover everything, nobody price shops so all procedures get more expensive.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)