By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Trumpcare Would Leave 22 Million Uninsured But Give The Wealthy $250,000 Tax Break

Soundwave said:

B ... bu .... but Trump was going to be the "working man's" billionaire friend candidate who was going to stick it to the elites I thought?

What a wonderful Medicare plan these Republican boneheads have come up with, of course as per always it screws the lower + middle class in favor of the mega-rich.

Those desperate people earning more than $5 million/year get a nice $250k tax break as a result of the plan though. Can't have those folkes hurting too much right, Trump?

https://www.axios.com/cbo-22-million-more-uninsured-under-senate-health-bill-2448503568.html

http://money.cnn.com/2017/06/26/news/economy/senate-health-care-bill-rich/index.html

If you actually understood both bills you would understand the sleight of hand here. The current Bill taxes the shit out of the upper income earners in order to pay for the insurance of the poor. So yes they will now not be held liable for the people who don’t want to or cannot afford to pay. It’s only a tax break because Obama and the Dems raised taxes on those people to support the "affordable" care act. A lot of people would rather not have insurance if it means paying for it because they are already living paycheck to paycheck. So a lot of those 22 million may not even want insurance. I have opted out of insurance plenty of times to save money.

What the Libtards and Democrats don’t seem to realize is that not everyone is blinded by the BS they spew. You clearly are however a lot of people are not. I would rather have the option to opt out and save money than be forced to buy something I don’t want or need. And taxing people who make more so that people who make less can get better benefits is not something I agree with either.

User was warned for trolling - Aura7541

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
shikamaru317 said:
Both ObamaCare and TrumpCare suck ass.

Trump version sucks alot more.

Its going to kill people, and break the economy of familes for others.

Meanwhile the rich (top 1-2%) will get tax breaks.

Its a reverse robin hood, hes takeing from the poor to give to the rich.

LOL it’s going to kill people. What did people do before the rich were paying for their insurance? Did they all die? Wipe that BS Affordable care act out completely and go back to how it was before. That or abolish insurance companies all together and do it right.

epicurean said:
Soundwave said:

B ... bu .... but Trump was going to be the "working man's" billionaire friend candidate who was going to stick it to the elites I thought?

What a wonderful Medicare plan these Republican boneheads have come up with, of course as per always it screws the lower + middle class in favor of the mega-rich.

Those desperate people earning more than $5 million/year get a nice $250k tax break as a result of the plan though. Can't have those folkes hurting too much right, Trump?

https://www.axios.com/cbo-22-million-more-uninsured-under-senate-health-bill-2448503568.html

http://money.cnn.com/2017/06/26/news/economy/senate-health-care-bill-rich/index.html

I think I saw on another story they said it would be breaks for like 350 people (but I can't find that story now). So, I mean, you could also come up with the headline from when Obamacare started:

350 forced to pay for health insurance for 22 million people

Exactly, someone who actually gets it.

Zod95 said:
epicurean said:

I think I saw on another story they said it would be breaks for like 350 people (but I can't find that story now). So, I mean, you could also come up with the headline from when Obamacare started:

350 forced to pay for health insurance for 22 million people

I almost feel sorry for those 350 people. People are forced to work in order to survive. People are forced to study in order to work. People are forced to go through many awkard (sometimes humilliating) recruitment processes in order to get a job. People are forced to work in order to get health insurance. People are forced to starve because they don't get a job. People are forced to die of disease because they can't afford healthcare...But people should never be forced to pay for the health care of 22 million other people. That's going too far. How devastating it may be for those poor 350 people.

Our unemployed are probably the fattest people in this country. So I assure you I have little concern for them starving.
https://www.wired.com/2012/06/homeless-obesity/

I have no problem paying for the healthcare of those who genuinely can't work. But maybe some of the 22 million is people just making bad choices. We also have a government that's terrible with money which adds to the problem.

Obamacare didn't find way to make healthcare more affordable per se. We just just threw more money at it. Helping others fine and dandy until people suddenly find themselves paying significantly more for healthcare. If you're gonna force people to pay for healthcare maybe it should be more affordable.

Wasn't that the idea of Obamacare? We'll all be forced to pay in so that will naturally make it more affordable. I don't think it worked out.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Soundwave said:
shikamaru317 said:

No I don't believe that free (or nearly free) health insurance is entitled to the lower class. I'm lower class myself, and I don't think it's right for me to have a huge tax credit to spend on health insurance on the backs of hard working middle class Americans, which is why I don't participate, instead opting out and choosing to have no health insurance. Why? Because I've seen the damage that ObamaCare does to the middle class first hand; my father, who was lower middle class pre-ObamaCare, now has to spend twice as much on health insurance as he did before ObamaCare, and all he gets for that is a plan with a deductible so high it is pointless. Meanwhile he is trying to pay for my mother's very expensive medication, barely any of which is covered by his health insurance plan. He has gone from lower middle class to barely making it paycheck to paycheck, all thanks to ObamaCare. So hell no, I don't think the lower class is entitled to health insurance tax credits.

What we need are some ballsy politicians who will take on this issue the right way. It's time to pass laws to curb the costs of health care and health insurance so that lower class Americans can afford to buy health insurance with their own money.

lol the ability of Republicans to get poor people to actively vote against their own interests is always hilarious to me. 

You sure you don't need health insurance? Can you see into the future as well? 

Insurance is a scam. All Insurance is a scam. You can pay into insurance for 40 years and never use it but still get denied claims because the insurance companies look for ways not to pay them. Where did all your money go? 

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:

Our unemployed are probably the fattest people in this country. So I assure you I have little concern for them starving.
https://www.wired.com/2012/06/homeless-obesity/

I have no problem paying for the healthcare of those who genuinely can't work. But maybe some of the 22 million is people just making bad choices.

If you think people are unemployed because they don't want to work, you need to make a serious tour across the country. You'll learn a lot.

I tell you people that don't want to work. Those 350 multi-millionaires that do nothing all day but spend tons of money. Most probably, they never worked in their lives. They don't even know what that is.

Mr Puggsly said:

We also have a government that's terrible with money which adds to the problem.

Obamacare didn't find way to make healthcare more affordable per se. We just just threw more money at it. Helping others fine and dandy until people suddenly find themselves paying significantly more for healthcare. If you're gonna force people to pay for healthcare maybe it should be more affordable.

Wasn't that the idea of Obamacare? We'll all be forced to pay in so that will naturally make it more affordable. I don't think it worked out.

I'm all for spending well public resources. The USA, compared to the european countries, spends more in healthcare to get less. I'm with you on that.

Prediction made in 14/01/2014 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 100M      XOne: 70M      WiiU: 25M

Prediction made in 01/04/2016 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 100M      XOne: 50M      WiiU: 18M

Prediction made in 15/04/2017 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 90M      XOne: 40M      WiiU: 15M      Switch: 20M

Prediction made in 24/03/2018 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 110M      XOne: 50M      WiiU: 14M      Switch: 65M

Let me get this straight, in order for Obamacare to work it needs the tax money of 350 billionaires? Does that mean in theory if all those 350 billionaires die or move to a more advantageous country tomorrow everyone insured under Obamacare is screwed? Or will the middle-class be taxed to hell to foot the bill?

I'm tired of reading "wealthy" and "super wealthy". How do people suppose they make money? What is getting a tax relief, exactly?

Yes. Having contractors. Creating jobs. It's ridiculous how liberals try to spin it as something bad.

Gourmet said:
I'm tired of reading "wealthy" and "super wealthy". How do people suppose they make money? What is getting a tax relief, exactly?

Yes. Having contractors. Creating jobs. It's ridiculous how liberals try to spin it as something bad.

You can be wealthy and not really have any jobs in the US.

And you can place all your money on a bank account so it doesnt in anyway shape or form do anything good for the american people.

Trickle down economics doesnt work, the super rich dont spend more because they get a tax break... it just means more money sitting on a bank account doing nothing.

Meanwhile that little extra tax that means next to nothing to the super rich, could save alot of lives, in the form of health care for the poor.

trump care is completely bullshit, and obama care not as bad but a better alternative..

There is many countries around the world that gives their citizens free education, and health care. This US government is a fucking embarrassment.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5