By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Trumpcare Would Leave 22 Million Uninsured But Give The Wealthy $250,000 Tax Break

That is the way the Capitalist system works. The rich devise clever ways to rip off the poor and the working class to make the rich top end of town even richer. Trump's clever propaganda claimed to be the poor, the working class friend and he has broken his promise as expected. Trump is just another politician and he is a a puppet of the corporations.

Around the Network
Cubedramirez said:

Obamacare raised the cost of my health insurance and forced me to find new doctors for my entire family. These ass hats who think the ACA made anything better are lying to themselves.

You want to talk to me about helping the little guy and looking out for families? Family of 5 here with two children that need medical care routinely had my cost increase by 8k a year. 

Repeal it!

So do you believe repealing it with the current Senate bill will make your insurance bill better.  If anything it will raise the cost even more.  Also would it not be better if the current bill was funded better and instead of every republican trying to sabotage it because it has Obama name on it actually did something to make it work as intended.

Also, I have a family of 5 and my out of pocket can never go above 5K.  After that its 100%.  Just wondering if its the insurance company you are with, the policy or the system.

Machiavellian said:
Cubedramirez said:

Obamacare raised the cost of my health insurance and forced me to find new doctors for my entire family. These ass hats who think the ACA made anything better are lying to themselves.

You want to talk to me about helping the little guy and looking out for families? Family of 5 here with two children that need medical care routinely had my cost increase by 8k a year. 

Repeal it!

So do you believe repealing it with the current Senate bill will make your insurance bill better.  If anything it will raise the cost even more.  Also would it not be better if the current bill was funded better and instead of every republican trying to sabotage it because it has Obama name on it actually did something to make it work as intended.

Also, I have a family of 5 and my out of pocket can never go above 5K.  After that its 100%.  Just wondering if its the insurance company you are with, the policy or the system.

What I find hilarious is this guy thinks the Greedy One Percent cutting his Medicaid by $800 bil will make things any better. LOL! 

Tell that to the 15+ mil who will be kicked off their insurance NOT because of any individual mandate (or lack of). 

Assuming the US hasn't got free at the point of delivery healthcare for children already that is where they should start. People 16 or under should get free healthcare. They are a relatively strong section of society anyway and its not realistic to expect them to be responsible for their life choices at that age. If the parents are poor and can't pay they shouldn't be punished for that. It could then be seen as a right of passage going from childhood to adulthood where they take responsibility for their own healthcare if necessary and it also should be stated to them as motivation to secure a good education and employment.

Personally I find it offensive that children are not provided free healthcare.

Then hopefully the system can gradually be extended to a wider range of people once the system has become more efficient.

I understand the importance of motivation but I'm not comfortable that the difference between being rich and poor should be death. Living in poor accommodation, eating inferior food, greater risk of crime, not having nice things etc surely is enough motivation.

Machiavellian said:
Cubedramirez said:

Repeal it!

Some people don't have insurance through companies, such as farmers. I know plenty of farmers who's out of pocket expenses went from like 15k a year to like 38k a year before the cap was hit. This all took effect like October 2016. You can bet that was a hit for Hillary.

Then I know some others that are near medicare time, yet not there yet. Their monthly insurance went from like 1,200 to 3,500. Again happened right around October of 2016.

Did they think Trump would fix everything? Hope. But mostly they knew that Hillary was a Obama 2.0 as she and everyone said and thus tehy knew that their insurance would only get worse as it had been doing since ACA went into effect.

Many people voted for Obama on his Hope campaign. The same could be said of Trump. They hoped that he woudl fix things Obama screwed up. They knew Hillary would be Obama 2.0, so the only chance of change, good or bad was in Trump.

Around the Network
SegataSanshiro said:
palou said:

Move. Canada/Europe/anything, really. The laws will take time to implement, so you should be fine in waiting process.

With what money?

Sorry to hear of your health problems. I had a very minor heart attack last year, due to a stressful job, obesity and lack of fitness. When I say minor I mean it, just a light pressure on my chest and mild discomfort. I was in hospital for about a week, more precautionary than anything monitoring my heart and had a investigative procedure. End result a very mild scraping of the heart with no real damage at that point or very light. I've since removed myself from that job, lost about 40kg and massively improved my fitness. I'm on medication but hopefully I can come off most of it once I've been retested. Still need to lose more weight. Feel very strong now and have large muscles in my legs from spending a lot of time on an exercise bike. Very grateful for the NHS and the service and care provided here in the UK. I know I've paid in a huge amount of tax over the years that have gone towards it. 

Anyway I wish you the very best of luck with your health issues. 

Locknuts said:
You are entitled to nothing. The federal government's job is to protect it's citizens from foreign aggression. Healthcare is not a human right.

For the rest of the civilised world it is.

the-pi-guy said:
shikamaru317 said:

Ultimately it was Obama who opened up this pandora's box. It was basically an open call to insurance companies to charge whatever the hell they wanted for health insurance. Premiums have skyrocketed under ObamaCare, double what they were in many cases. Now the lower class want to keep what they believe is entitled to them (it's not), while the rich want to take as much of the tax burden off themselves as possible. Where does that leave the middle class? Stuck paying for socialized health care because the rich don't want to and they hold the power to sway politicians. 

Premiums have skyrocketed under ObamaCare:

Premiums have been increasing at a rapid rate for a very long time.  In fact, premiums were actually growing at a slower rate under Obamacare than previously.  ObamaCare is a nice scapegoat, but it ignores the history of increasing prices before it.  

http://www.factcheck.org/2015/02/slower-premium-growth-under-obama/  

QTF.

The fact that these idiots actually expect this draconian health care plan not to jack up their premiums EVEN MORE is either hilarious or flat out horriying. The CBO flat out stated that the vast majority of the 22 mil expected to lose their health insurance will NOT be doing so because they'll no longer have to pay for their coverage, but because of the extreme cuts to Medicaid which Trump REPEATEDLY promised he wouldn't touch BTW. Obama's lies about HIS health care plan are rather tame in comparison. 

KManX89 said:

Sure he is, TROLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

But if you think his health care plan, which, as always per the Greedy One Percent, fucks over middle and lower-class Americans for the mega rich, is bad (and it is, very much so), just wait til he gets to releasing his tax plan. He plans to imitate Governor Brownback's tax plan, you know, the governor from the state ranking DEAD LAST in GDP and just had the GOP-controlled House overturn? Yes, that guy.

Like all Republicans, Trump doesn't give a flying fuck about anybody but A)the top 1% and B)his rich donors.

Too bad for you that poor =/= middle class ...  

The so called 'greedy' 1% don't carry cash, most of their assets are stocks, bonds, businesses, and real estate if you knew any better. The 1% can't afford to hold cash unless they want to risk losing their relative net worth due to inflation ... 

You mean Kansas ? It's not even dead last in GDP and it's kind of funny that you're using one of the smaller states to set an example. Lower standards much ? 

GOP-controlled house overturned ? LOL, republicans control 68.5% Kansas house so where is this 'overturn' ?

How much more disinformation do you have ?

Locknuts said:
You are entitled to nothing. The federal government's job is to protect it's citizens from foreign aggression. Healthcare is not a human right.

Why is it any more a human right to be protected from foreign aggression than to have the right to healthcare?