By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "Why does Nintendo ignore us?!?!?!?"

Ka-pi96 said:
Why can't people want things other than what Nintendo offers? Why shouldn't they ask for things that they'd prefer?

Just because Nintendo mean things to be a certain way doesn't mean people can't want it to be a different way...

If you look at the examples I gave, none of them were constructive feedback.

Seeing the ideas other users had shows that the highlighted claims aren't any better than Nintendo's mistakes. The joycons isn't why the Switch is weak, the snes mini doesn't mean nintendo is doomed, and a $199 Switch TV probably won't come for some time.

People seem to think that I'm holding myself to a higher standard or something. I'm not- that's not my intention. Even I have held ideas which were far from stellar. However, I admit that. I never act as though I'm always right.

Compare the idea of bringing an SNES collection to Virtual Console versus the stereotypical 'Nintendo is going third party' conspiracy theory. I believe it's perfectly fine to call out outrageous claims if they are being taken seriously.

Around the Network

I think they should release a switch without a screen. It would be cheaper to produce and everyone has a TV at home anyway.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Yes, consumers should really stop making suggestions that would not be beneficial to a company's financial baseline.

We should also let Nintendo dump their waste in the nearest river to not hamper their creative freedom.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Ka-pi96 said:
Pemalite said:

Why not? Would be a cheaper device as well. Not everyone actually gives a crap about handhelds.

Exactly. Just because Nintendo mean for it to be both a home and handheld console isn't going to magically make people who don't like one of those options suddenly start liking it just because.

Just like MIcrosoft bundling Kinect with Xbox Ones didn't suddenly make that become popular.

If people don't want to pay extra for features they don't want there's no reason they shouldn't complain about it and ask for a version that better suits what they want out of the product...

That's a really good example.  Were consumers wrong to say that they had no interest in Kinect?  No, of course not.  They have every right to express their preference.

If there is anything that I have learned during my time in business, it's that the customer is not wrong about what they want.  Demand is the factor around which business usually revolves.  Microsoft, to their credit, realized this (after wrongly thinking they could dictate to consumers what they wanted).

If there is a market for a Switch TV then there is a market for a Switch TV.  There is no "wrong" in that.  Obviously, Nintendo doesn't have to explore that market but that doesn't mean consumers can't want what they want.  That the current Switch design is a hybrid means nothing at all.  

It's like saying it would be silly for a 3DS to not have 3D--a feature Nintendo themselves removed when they launched the 2DS.

monocle_layton said:

1. Someone saying a Switch TV should be made. A console meant to be SWITCHABLE...locked to a TV ._.

Funny thing is, others demand a Switch-version without the dock and integrated Joycons.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network
AlfredoTurkey said:

If Nintendo could make a console that was more powerful than Xbox One X, sell it for $300.00 and still make the same great games they're making right now? It's hard to argue that they wouldn't clean house because you're covering all the bases. Right now, they've got a good thing going but just imagine if all the latest AAA third party games were on it as well. It would be the console to end all consoles.

Powerful console <> 3rd parties are coming

It's a common misconception the 3rd-parties are missing the Nintendo-boat because of power. If this was the case, they would've come to Gamecube.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

AlfredoTurkey said:
monocle_layton said:

A user on here (forgot who) said Nintendo is clearly going third party because of this, and made a post saying this will hurt the Switch

The Gamecube was a powerful console, but look at what happened.

The Switch simply appeals to who Nintendo's audience is. People like their games on the go.

The Gamecube didn't use DVD-9 discs like the PS2 and Xbox and it also didn't have a full second analog stick. Games like GTA 3 would have been nearly impossible. That argument (Gamecube was powerful and it failed) has always been a total fail and it needs to stop being used. Power was not what killed the Gamecube. Limited media did it in.

Still no dice. The 3rd-parties go where the games sell they produce. Some usual multiplat-third-parties like COD sold atrocious on Nintendo. That's the customers Nintendo attracts. And the customers it doesn't attract, many such customers get a Playstation, whatever the power, the sticks or whatnot. On the other hand, japanese 3rd-parties sell well on Nintendo. Sonic sells well on Nintendo. Platformers sell better on Nintendo-platforms than others.

Reminds me of the fake post about how supposedly gamefreaks; directors would read out fan ideas for pokemon to the developers and laugh at them because of how bad they are

Mnementh said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

If Nintendo could make a console that was more powerful than Xbox One X, sell it for $300.00 and still make the same great games they're making right now? It's hard to argue that they wouldn't clean house because you're covering all the bases. Right now, they've got a good thing going but just imagine if all the latest AAA third party games were on it as well. It would be the console to end all consoles.

Powerful console <> 3rd parties are coming

It's a common misconception the 3rd-parties are missing the Nintendo-boat because of power. If this was the case, they would've come to Gamecube.

They didn't come to Gamecube because their games couldn't fit on a mini disc. 

I always love reading these over reaction threads. Like the opinions of the minority hardcore on gaming forums who think they know better then Nintendo are irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. If I was you, I'd not stress out over them.