By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "Why does Nintendo ignore us?!?!?!?"

AlfredoTurkey said:
Mnementh said:

Powerful console <> 3rd parties are coming

It's a common misconception the 3rd-parties are missing the Nintendo-boat because of power. If this was the case, they would've come to Gamecube.

They didn't come to Gamecube because their games couldn't fit on a mini disc. 

I don't think that's the case. Well sure, maybe for games like GTA, but basically every other game could fit on a miniDVD (or the proprietary media GC used).

Finally, all this talk is irrelevant. At least in my country (and most of Europe), people don'e even know what a Nintendo or XBox is. They go to stores wanting to purchase a Playstation. Heck, they might as well not know that it's made by Sony. 

To sum up, Nintendo is either going to be different, or completely irrelevant. You could argue that they pidgeonholed themselves into this, but the point still stands.

Around the Network
monocle_layton said:

1. Someone saying a Switch TV should be made. A console meant to be SWITCHABLE...locked to a TV ._.

^ I disagree that this is a bad move.

Its smart, if your in a bidding war for part with apple and other phone makers.... make a device that still a console that doesnt require those parts.

Its a smart move, and it ll also give consumers choice. They can choose if they want a portable switch, or a homeconsole only version (thats cheaper).

Sign me up for a 199$ Switch-tv (thats just looks like the switch dock), but comes without the joy-cons (rumble motors), screen, NAND, batteries, ect.

It just needs a pro controller + a normal 500 GB HDD, and could be sold cheaper than the current switch.

It would play all the same games, just at Switch docked mode.

Mnementh said:
monocle_layton said:

1. Someone saying a Switch TV should be made. A console meant to be SWITCHABLE...locked to a TV ._.

Funny thing is, others demand a Switch-version without the dock and integrated Joycons.

A Switch TV (or homeconsole only Switch) makes much more sense though. You can remove the screen and the battery, and some extra plastic currently required for the dock. That could cut costs monumentally and allow Nintendo to sell the console for cheaper to those that aren't interested in the handheld capability. Removing the homeconsole capability probably wouldn't save them much money at all, so it would cost the same, but just have less features. Fewer features for a lower price can make sense. Fewer features and the same price is a much tougher sell lol.

AlfredoTurkey said:
Mnementh said:

Powerful console <> 3rd parties are coming

It's a common misconception the 3rd-parties are missing the Nintendo-boat because of power. If this was the case, they would've come to Gamecube.

They didn't come to Gamecube because their games couldn't fit on a mini disc. 

Nintendo started to loose 3rd party support long before the Gamecube came along, those issues were starting to show themselves during the SNES era.
The optical disk limitation was an issue, but Nintendo also had some strict guidlines on what could and couldn't be on their consoles. (Aka. The Mortal Kombat issue.)

Plus the original Xbox missed out on allot of games as well. That console did not have -any- of the technical shortcomings of the Gamecube and it's software environment was an ease to build games for.

The fact is, the Playstation 2 dominated the industry at that time and Microsoft, Sega and Nintendo suffered because of it.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

monocle_layton said:
KrspaceT said:
If hardcore players ran the company Nintendo would be lucky to release anything not named Zelda, Smash, F-Zero, Metroid, and Wave Racer.

We'd see them create a $1000 Switch with a 5 minute battery life and a GTX 1070. 

There is someone here on this forum that'd leap for that

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

4. Switch is a flop because the PS4 (on pace to outsell the Wii) is being outsold. Not like it being a juggernaut and the Switch experiencing stock issues impacts it at all.

People gotta learn to not say dumb shit like this. I mean, come on. We're better than this. What are we, IGN? The youtube comment section?

Well you know....when the Wii U came out.  I saw several people on here predict that it was going to fail.  And not only did they get ridiculed for it. They sometimes would get banned for defending themselves and making these posts.  (sometimes for the right reasons but still).

No im not saying that switch is gonna fail.  Especially if they start pumping out pokemon games on that instead of a DS then the hype is justified.  But after Wii U ....It wouldnt suprise me if interest in the nintendo switch drops significantly. Mobile phones are just king right now and i think the switch is cater only too a specialty market as all nintendo products as of late have done.

Chazore said:
monocle_layton said:

We'd see them create a $1000 Switch with a 5 minute battery life and a GTX 1070. 

There is someone here on this forum that'd leap for that

Nah.....if they can make a gaming laptop run 2 hours on a battery...for 900 bucks....a high end switch is not that far off.

I still think we are 5 to 6 years from that..but who know maybe the nintendo switch will soften that market a tad and get people ready...

monocle_layton said:

A common complaint I hear from hardcore gamers is that Nintendo ignores them. Whenever Nintendo isn't in a perfect position, many people claim they are capable of making smarter decisions than them.

After browsing VGChartz and other places however, thank GOD hardcore gamers don't run the company. On this website alone I've seen some crazy claims (such as):

Don't take names litterly. Who cares if its called a switch. That's just a brand name. Having a console only version is fine. Not everyone had their Wii(u) consoles used  with multiple people. How many girls/women bought Gameboy's.

RolStoppable said:
That's something the mod team needs to pay attention to. Their utmost priority is to create and maintain an environment for intelligent discussion, but we can't have that when people are allowed to say whatever they please without facing any consequences.

Well, they banned you, so you can't say they aren't trying hard. Which means btw that you're now officially worse than a holocaust denying nazi supporter.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Ahh I knew they would come... like clockwork.... they always do... you know who you are.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints