By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "Why does Nintendo ignore us?!?!?!?"

monocle_layton said:

If Nintendo made a Switch TV, would they make it as cheap as possible or would they make it 299 and add additional features? 

I now see them making expansions. After all, expansions make money. This hypothetical Switch TV however would show whether or not the hybrid aspect of the Switch is a big reason for its success. Unfortunately, I'm sure Nintendo would lump all Switch sales together,  so we wouldn't see whether a Switch TV would be a flop or not

Personally, I'd want it to be as cheap as possible.  Just a plastic block with bundled Pro controller.

In terms of the market, I think that would also be the right call.  It would allow them to further grab the gamer who is interest in a "second console".  I think there are a good amount of consumers who are interested in Nintendo games but they're just not going to give up third-party franchises and/or their favorite Sony/Microsoft first-party content.

Around the Network

I love Nintendo Products but Nintendo is doing huge mistakes.
I will just write things which comes in my mind right now. So i am not prepared.
The joycons are really not worthy. They are because of the tech inside but they are not usable. You cant use the kickstand because it is cheap. So you cant hand over one Joycon to someone to play everywhere. It will not work. I have tried it. Now you will say but motion Controlls. Beside Bitblock now one really care about motion controll. Everyone whom i know is playing arms with normal controlls. What i want to say is that nintendo forced us to pay for something what no one will use. Instead of investing into the joycons they could take that money and make better Hardware. The tegra x2 for example. Now 3rd parties. Where is my snes like switch? Nintendo has more than 50 billion dollars and another 2 in properties and side businesses. Why the hell cant they pay a companie money to get exclusives?
I am 33. I have a 16 month old son and a 12 hours job. I judt dont have the time to sit infront of a pc or a tv to play games. The switch was my salvation. But no. Nintendo is doing Nintending again. They have to release a dock upgrade, a hw revision or that SCD Patenr to give 3rd parties the chance for an easy port. Or like i said PAY and dont be greedy Nintendo.
Also their stupid youtube practices where they gave nintendo life with 0 personality a place in their white list and people like boogie or angry jow a place in their black list. What is this? If Nintendo dont understand the West they should stay in japan. If this is their target than they should stay there. It drives me crazy to see the company the best devs. is managed by donkeys from the 19th century.

Ganoncrotch said:
Cloudman said:

Huh, I can't see it for some reason..

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8479292

His link was bad :) it is on page 3 if you use the 25 posts per page though.

Ooooh right... I forgot about that comment xD

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Cloudman said:
Ganoncrotch said:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8479292

His link was bad :) it is on page 3 if you use the 25 posts per page though.

Ooooh right... I forgot about that comment xD

Never 4give Never 4get

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

GoOnKid said:

Were they really happy with the Wii U? Also, remember that many gamers bought a Nintendo home console AND a portable console next to each other. Even if it wasn't you, theredefinitely were a lot of these folks. Now they only have to buy one. That's a great thing.

Wii U being a fixed home console wasn't what made it a failure.

The branding was shit... People thought it was a Wii addon.
There were dry spells in the games lineup.
The price wasn't appealing to some.
It was underpowered.
Nintendo's advertising was terrible... And so much more.

GoOnKid said:

Also, you can just buy a fucking Switch and never take it out of the dock.

Or you just don't buy one at all.

Nintendo is in a unique position to placate both demographics here. And you are essentially screaming that they shouldn't.

Taking a switch, throwing the dock, joycons, battery and screen away and selling it at a fraction of the price would appeal to a large audience, especially parents buying for their kids.

And Nintendo releasing a cut-down stationary version of the Switch changes nothing for you. You can still buy the portable version, the world isn't going to end. More choice isn't always a bad thing.

GoOnKid said:

Oh, you want one with more power? You and everyone else with this desire act like the Switch games look like they came straight from the 90's. Holy cow, there's more to gaming than shiny shiny. Now you will say that it's not wrong to wish for better graphics, which is true, yes. But it's no reason to pretend like everything looks like shit, either.

Having more power is never a bad thing.
I don't understand how people can justify having weaker hardware components.

Nintendo could have given you more power, more battery life and they didn't. You shouldn't praise them for that, you should give constructive criticism where criticism is due... And in this aspect it is due.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network
Pemalite said:
GoOnKid said:

Were they really happy with the Wii U? Also, remember that many gamers bought a Nintendo home console AND a portable console next to each other. Even if it wasn't you, theredefinitely were a lot of these folks. Now they only have to buy one. That's a great thing.

Wii U being a fixed home console wasn't what made it a failure.

The branding was shit... People thought it was a Wii addon.
There were dry spells in the games lineup.
The price wasn't appealing to some.
It was underpowered.
Nintendo's advertising was terrible... And so much more.

I know but it just shows that not all of Nintendo's home consoles were successes, for various reasons. Same goes for the constant sales decline their homeconsoles faced going from the NES to the Gamecube. Saying that consumers were always happy with N's home consoles is wrong.

GoOnKid said:

Also, you can just buy a fucking Switch and never take it out of the dock.

Or you just don't buy one at all.

Nintendo is in a unique position to placate both demographics here. And you are essentially screaming that they shouldn't.

No I don't, YOU do! I say buy it as it is and enjoy it with both of it's possible methods of use and if you don't like one of them, don't use that one. You are the one who wants it limited to TV only and have the portability excluded as a whole.

Taking a switch, throwing the dock, joycons, battery and screen away and selling it at a fraction of the price would appeal to a large audience, especially parents buying for their kids.

Why? The dock is just plastic, the joycons are by far not as expensive to manufacture as you would think, batterys either. The screen, I don't know, but yeah, that could be expensive. But you would want to include a faster chip on the other hand, and a HDD drive, and whatnot, to maintain higher power. I guess that will balance up and you gained no price advantage.

In case you don't want to improve the specs, you are limiting the Switch to just one method of use. Just because you think the price is too high. Wait for a pricecut.

And Nintendo releasing a cut-down stationary version of the Switch changes nothing for you. You can still buy the portable version, the world isn't going to end. More choice isn't always a bad thing.

The thing is that this machine is design around the switching between home and portable use. Taking one of these away destroys the product in itself. Why did nobody complain about the PS4 not being able to play on the go? Why the fuck can't I plug my Gameboy directly into a TV? Because these products aren't designed with that in mind. It's not their intention. With the Switch you have choices straight out of the boxes. More choice isn't always a bad thing.

And while were at it: why the fuck do consoles only come in one color these days? I want different colored versions! More choice, please. And I also want a PS4 slim to be even slimmer, because it still won't fit into my TV setup, Sony should definitely make an even smaller version, because I want that. And make it orange, because I like orange.

GoOnKid said:

Oh, you want one with more power? You and everyone else with this desire act like the Switch games look like they came straight from the 90's. Holy cow, there's more to gaming than shiny shiny. Now you will say that it's not wrong to wish for better graphics, which is true, yes. But it's no reason to pretend like everything looks like shit, either.

I like to compare this to sports cars. If you buy one of them, you may have the option to drive 300km/h, but you are never allowed to do so and it serves you nothing in the end. Why do people still buy them? 1) To show what technology has achieved so far. 2) To show what technology may achieve in the future. 3) To pat their own ego. 4) To pick up chicks. Personally, I don't care about any of these reasons.

Nintendo could have given you more power, more battery life and they didn't. You shouldn't praise them for that, you should give constructive criticism where criticism is due... And in this aspect it is due.

Aren't power and battery life in direct competition with each another? And if you manage to raise both, your price will rise as well, and you are the one whe doesn't want the price to rise.

GoOnKid said:

Pemalite said:

No I don't, YOU do! I say buy it as it is and enjoy it with both of it's possible methods of use and if you don't like one of them, don't use that one. You are the one who wants it limited to TV only and have the portability excluded as a whole.

The contradiction is real. Nothing really for me to add to this as you just provided the perfect example for my argument.

Please note. The introduction of a cost-reduced Switch doesn't mean the old model goes away. It's like the Playstation 4 Pro and Xbox One X being sold alongside their less powerfull peers.

GoOnKid said:

Why? The dock is just plastic, the joycons are by far not as expensive to manufacture as you would think, batterys either. The screen, I don't know, but yeah, that could be expensive. But you would want to include a faster chip on the other hand, and a HDD drive, and whatnot, to maintain higher power. I guess that will balance up and you gained no price advantage.

False. The dock is not just plastic. It has electronics inside.

The Joycons are more expensive to manufacture due to all the sensors compared to the Pro controller.
Batterys add to the cost. So does the screen.

You don't need to include a hard drive or faster chip. They can remain identical to what the Switch has currently.

GoOnKid said:

In case you don't want to improve the specs, you are limiting the Switch to just one method of use. Just because you think the price is too high. Wait for a pricecut.

I don't think you are getting it. The current switch system doesn't get pushed off the market. Both can be sold side-by-side and share the same game library.
Nothing is being limited.
Consumers get more choice.

Besides. On a personal level, the Switch's garbage 720P, 6.2" screen isn't enough for what I want anyway. Either go big or go home in my opinion.

GoOnKid said:

The thing is that this machine is design around the switching between home and portable use. Taking one of these away destroys the product in itself. Why did nobody complain about the PS4 not being able to play on the go? Why the fuck can't I plug my Gameboy directly into a TV? Because these products aren't designed with that in mind.

Who cares what the current Switch is designed as? Or what other products have/haven't done? You are using a strawmans argument which is nonsensical. It doesn't negate the possibility of a fixed, cut-down home console using the same internals.

GoOnKid said:

With the Switch you have choices straight out of the boxes. More choice isn't always a bad thing.

Except the choices you don't want. You don't like those apparantly as per your prior examples.

GoOnKid said:

And while were at it: why the fuck do consoles only come in one color these days? I want different colored versions! More choice, please. And I also want a PS4 slim to be even slimmer, because it still won't fit into my TV setup, Sony should definitely make an even smaller version, because I want that. And make it orange, because I like orange.

Consoles don't only come in one colour. Special editions exist.

But regardless. Your argument is invalid. It's got nothing to do with a fixed home-console version of the Switch.

GoOnKid said:

Pemalite said:

I like to compare this to sports cars. If you buy one of them, you may have the option to drive 300km/h, but you are never allowed to do so and it serves you nothing in the end. Why do people still buy them? 1) To show what technology has achieved so far. 2) To show what technology may achieve in the future. 3) To pat their own ego. 4) To pick up chicks. Personally, I don't care about any of these reasons.

Computing technology is not a sports car. So your comparison is invalid.

And are you really arguing against having more hardware performance? I mean really? Are you actually being serious or are you trolling? I am legitimately asking.

GoOnKid said:

Aren't power and battery life in direct competition with each another? And if you manage to raise both, your price will rise as well, and you are the one whe doesn't want the price to rise.

Why would you assume power and battery life are in direct opposition to each other?
And why do you assume the price will rise?

You do know what Moores law is don't you? Scales of economy?

Also. Please use quotes properly. It makes replying easier. Thanks. Have a nice day.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--