By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Odyssey, Breath of the Wild, and Splatoon 2 will all pass 10 million

What do you think?

You're right curl 273 64.24%

Go home curl you're drunk 152 35.76%

Total:425

Wtf dont be taking my threads.

Mario is a guartee and splat2 will do it. Zelda is thr only bold one and i made a thread on it months ago

Around the Network

Zelda has a good chance of hitting 10 million IF we count the WiiU version as well. Otherwise I'm expecting the Switch version to do ~8 million LT. Splatoon 2 has a good shot at 5-6 million but nowhere near doubling its predecessor. As good as it is doing in Japan, I'm not seeing the western hype for it (yet).

Mario is the only one that is guaranteed, if it reviews really well, and by the looks of it, it will

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

I think BOTW will be the safest bet and be the best selling single platform Zelda game... 10 million on Switch.

The other 2 are based on Switch... if Switch goes on to sell over 50mill then Mario will be a sure fire.... Splatoon 2.... mmmmh I want to believe but 7.5 life time..... sounds more realistic....

Switch!!!

Barkley said:

So you think... Breath of the Wild will be the best selling Zelda ever

Yes.

It was over a third of the way there by the end of its first month, it's showing excellent legs, and it's reception (both critically and word of mouth) has been massively positive.

Zelda and Mario will definitely do that imo. Splatoon 2 though will be tough though I'm starting to believe it will do 2m in Japan. Still 8m from EU and US is very tough and I can't imagine it. I'd go with 7-8m but who knows!

Around the Network

I think Odyssey is a safe-bet, judging by the sales of previous 3D Mario titles and the reception the game has received so far. It's actually had far more views online than Breath of the Wild, 23 million for the original Youtube trailer versus 11 million for Breath of the Wild.

Breath of the Wild I'd love to see hit 10 million. Nintendo themselves said in their financial briefing they think this could be the series' biggest seller yet, so that's a good shout.

Splatoon 2 is more difficult to gauge, but I think it'll be closer to 10 million than 5 million, certainly. I also think the Smash Bros analogy is a good one.

hunter_alien said:
Splatoon 2 has a good shot at 5-6 million but nowhere near doubling its predecessor. As good as it is doing in Japan, I'm not seeing the western hype for it (yet).

Splatoon 1 sold over 3 million in the West, and that's on a console hardly anyone owned. Now that Splatoon 2 is on a platform that's actually relevant, it will increase significantly over that.

Splatoon 2, no way. Zelda and Marios, yes, sure, it will get very close to 10 million each.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

mZuzek said:
Go home curl you're drunk

Well, maybe not, but you're certainly hopeful. I *still* don't take Zelda for granted, and Splatoon 2 isn't guaranteed to attract a much bigger audience than the original. ...but what do I know, I always get sales predictions completely wrong and in this case am taking a conservative route because I'm still unsure the Switch can remain as successful as it's looking like it will, because I've learned to expect the worst when it comes to anything Nintendo.

On the bright side, embracing the worst means there's little to no room for disappointment.

We've finally reached summer. Like all the Switch skeptics/haters said, this period is important. We should wait and see what happens from now to the end of the year

tbone51 said:
Wtf dont be taking my threads.

Mario is a guartee and splat2 will do it. Zelda is thr only bold one and i made a thread on it months ago

Seems like everyone has been riding the tbone optimism train since your Splatoon prediction.