By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Darksiders III reveal leaked for PS4, Xbox One, and PC

Oh man this is fucking AWESOME NEWS! I LOVE Darksiders!

Around the Network
Paatar said:
This is unbelievably surprising... no Switch? Nordic games supported Wii U with both Legend of Kay (over XB1) and Darksiders Warmastered, which they committed too. They have stated they love Nintendo too.

This is what I'm confused about too. And I would have bought 3 for sure cause I LOVED 2.

Dulfite said:
celador said:

You know the gap between PS4 and Switch is much bigger than PS3 and WIi U right? They would have to downgrade Darksiders 3 to make it work on Switch far more than they did for Darksiders 2 on Wii U

I'm sorry, but visually (not number wise), the gaps are only getting smaller and smaller from one gen to the next. I thought Mass effect 2, and parts of 1, looked better on my master race PC than ME 3, and certainly 4. Yea, maybe the specs are considerably better, but to jo smo gamers, the vast majority of us, they are getting less and less, let alone on console in the same gen. Please tell me the difference between lego city ps4 and switch is different, because it is hardly visible at all unless you have a comparison video.

Lego City is a Wii U game ported onto PS4 with little effort to make it look better. We are talking here about a game made for PS4, X1 and PC having to be downgraded.  Seems they think they would have sacrifice too much. 

Maybe the next Nintendo console will get a port of Darksiders 3

Dulfite said:
celador said:

You know the gap between PS4 and Switch is much bigger than PS3 and WIi U right? They would have to downgrade Darksiders 3 to make it work on Switch far more than they did for Darksiders 2 on Wii U

I'm sorry, but visually (not number wise), the gaps are only getting smaller and smaller from one gen to the next. I thought Mass effect 2, and parts of 1, looked better on my master race PC than ME 3, and certainly 4. Yea, maybe the specs are considerably better, but to jo smo gamers, the vast majority of us, they are getting less and less, let alone on console in the same gen. Please tell me the difference between lego city ps4 and switch is different, because it is hardly visible at all unless you have a comparison video.

The difference between PS3 and Wii U is much smaller than the difference between PS4 and Switch. A game such as Lego City doesn't make for a good comparison, and you should know it. I'd be surprised if the different version got the attention they deserved. Besides, the visual result isn't even that important for development. For development, it's actual power that matters. Even if the visual difference was small (which it isn't in games that properly take advantage of each platform), the difference in power can make a huge difference in development.

And they say port begging in Nintendo thread is bad.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

Excellent news! I only hope the game is as entertaining as the previous two, and that it doesn't have as many bugs/glitches (I'm talking about the PC versions).

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Dulfite said:
I loved playing Darksiders 2 on the Wii U, was a blast, but no Switch version? They put it on a console that more or less flopped and won't on a console that will sell Wii U's lifetime total in a little over a year?

They? THQ is dead. This is a entirely different company that renamed itself to take advantage of the brand recognition.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

vivster said:
And they say port begging in Nintendo thread is bad.

I'm not sure which is worse though... I'm happily a part of the "damn I wish that was on the Switch because then I'd pick it up" crew, but I can't say I understand the logic of someone who has a PS4/PC thinking "Good, this game isn't on a rival system, will make it more fun for me to play" is it just that if the games were on the rival system they would question if they would enjoy owning one or that they know it would be a better experience being able to pick it up and play on the go without going the Vita remote play route.

But yeah as we seen from the thread on the Neo Geo games which were dumped onto the Switch en masse at the launch, any software will sell on the platform atm, if the hardware keeps selling at the current rate you'll very likely see shovelware not unlike the DS/Wii era just trying to profit from the hardwares popularity regardless of the hardwares processing powers.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

KLXVER said:
Fury? What happened to the whole Four Horsemen thing?

Ikr? Seven deadly sins is cool too but Dante's Inferno already did that.

Mystro-Sama said:
KLXVER said:
Fury? What happened to the whole Four Horsemen thing?

Ikr? Seven deadly sins is cool too but Dante's Inferno already did that.

Well Dante's Inferno and this game: