By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Kimishima expects Switch sales to reach Wii levels

Might be he is optimistic, but it would've been wiser if he would be more conservative with estimates he puts to the public.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

A prediction that shows a lot of ambition, I think is wise to aim high since this is their all in one console but Switch doesn't really need to sell like that to be a success.

Highly doubtful. It needs to happen though. That is what makes it so bad. Nintendo put all their eggs into this thing and if it doesn't end up with at least 3DS sales and massive game sales Nintendo is going to be in serious trouble. I hate that they did this. I can't support this as it is and I'm considered their 'core' audience. Hopefully they get through the next 4 years ok and their next device becomes something I will buy.

hope it is all we have... I have plenty of it!

Switch!!!

Around the Network

Good luck with that

With that price and software line up? How?

It's possible i suppose but doubtful. I think know this will surprise a few people though. The fact I have actually randomly heard people say they are buying the switch is a good sign to me because shit everyone who comes to my house asks what's that thing your kids watching ( the gamepad) and few have replied oh I'm getting the new nintendo switch. To me that's shows at least an improvement in marketing.

HintHRO said:
With that price and software line up? How?

because the console is gonna keep that line up and price forever, right?

they barely sold 80 millions units of 3DS and WiiU combined...

And the Switch is not even replacing the 3DS.... Kimishima said it himself...

So how the Switch could sell a 100 millions? HOW?