By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Kimishima expects Switch sales to reach Wii levels

At last, someone who knows what they're talking about.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Around the Network

Doubt it. I'm predicting to see it do similar to the 3DS. At first not many people interested, but then after a year or two with a price drop, and a influx of games i can see it to start selling like hot cakes.

PSn - greencactaur
Nintendo Switch FC - SW - 5152 - 6393 - 5140 Please feel free to add me :)

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Mr.GameCrazy said:
His expectations are too high tbh. I'm hoping for at least half of that.

For real, though. I admire his boldness, but I'd expect even half of that (maybe even 1/3) could be considered a success. Especially after Wii U. 

It'll be awhile before I figure out how to do one of these. :P 

He must have meant Wii-U.

Around the Network
Slarvax said:
We'll see.

Can never be too sure although I really don't see it happening, though I would love to see it!

curl-6 said:

From a translation of an interview with Nikkei

http://www.gonintendo.com/stories/273166-nintendo-president-kimishima-expects-switch-sales-to-reach-wii-le

Far out that's... bold

It's also unsurprising. They literally said they wanted NX to bring in "Wii-like profits" years ago. Of course they're going to make a console with the aspirations of their biggest success. Why would anyone expect a multi-billion dollar company with some of the most valuable IP in the world to intentionally design a product meant for mediocre success?

Um...no.

Ah now I remember why I came back to this site. Same reason I came here in 2006.. Going to be entertaining to see so many proven wrong yet again :P

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden