By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Kimishima expects Switch sales to reach Wii levels

Basically they are aiming to go back to pre-Wii/DS level of success, when thier handheld + home consoles combined sold about 100m. Only this time you have just one console.

Around the Network

What we have seen from Nintendo about Switch doesn't project it as 100+ Million console. It's in 20 to 30 Million range. If he is projecting that number then they have to revise sales number and it will impact share price.

Normchacho said:
Pavolink said:
I wonder, what will people would have said in Kimishima's place.

"We're very excited for the launch of the new Nintendo Switch and we expect to see strong market demand for the system"

They already know that. They want something more especific.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:
Normchacho said:

"We're very excited for the launch of the new Nintendo Switch and we expect to see strong market demand for the system"

Then I would take the time to do the market research and come up with a reasonable answer. Just saying you think it's going to do as well as the Wii doesn't do anyone any good, especially since he said the same thing about the Wii U.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

If they want it to sell that much, they really need to get things right

I don't think it's impossible, but don't see this ever happening :/

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

Unified library? Possible.
Divided library? Highly unlikely.

Normchacho said:
Pavolink said:

Then I would take the time to do the market research and come up with a reasonable answer. Just saying you think it's going to do as well as the Wii doesn't do anyone any good, especially since he said the same thing about the Wii U.

It does not do any good? How do this hurt them?

Oh, and btw, he didn't say the same about Wii U. In fact, he was very esceptical about it calling it a "tough sell" before release. Talking about research...

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

It's certainly possible, but that's still a really bold expectation. It's either going to be another flop or one of Nintendo's greatest successes.

Normchacho said:
DarthMetalliCube said:
Ah now I remember why I came back to this site. Same reason I came here in 2006.. Going to be entertaining to see so many proven wrong yet again :P

So...you think the Switch is going to see Wii level sales, circa 100 million units?

I still think it, as a unified platform, has the potential to do double that.

I still don't get how people think this is absurd. They've literally done it before already.

Pavolink said:
I wonder, what will people would have said in Kimishima's place.

"We expect Nintendo Switch sales to reach DS levels!"