By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Kimishima expects Switch sales to reach Wii levels

From a translation of an interview with Nikkei

http://www.gonintendo.com/stories/273166-nintendo-president-kimishima-expects-switch-sales-to-reach-wii-le

Far out that's... bold

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Around the Network

Yeah, that's not gonna happen...

lololololololol

good luck with that

We'll see.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Good to aim high I suppose.

Around the Network

If that's the case, Nintendo should really work on those killers apps, and getting a price cut as soon as possible. And also producing enough to avoid hardware droughts, but I fear we'll get those anyway.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Uhhhhhh, yyyeah, I really don't see that happening.

Hardware Comparison Threads:

PlayStation 4/Xbox One/Nintendo Switch: 2019 vs. 2020
(https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread/241660/ps4xbons-2019-vs-2020/1/)

Poor Nintendo! lol Wii levels?!.. This is the final nail in Nintendo's coffin for consoles. It will be handheld only & probably leasing it's 1st party games to Sony, Microsoft, Steam. I grew up with NES! I loved NIN! I had a day 1 NES, SNES, N64, GameCube. Unfortunaley they did not grow with me like PlayStation did so I left Nintendo for good after GameCube & it has only gotten worse since the early 00's. smh

His expectations are too high tbh. I'm hoping for at least half of that.

TaMpAbLaCk said:

Poor Nintendo! lol Wii levels?!.. This is the final nail in Nintendo's coffin for consoles. It will be handheld only & probably leasing it's 1st party games to Sony, Microsoft, Steam.

Jumping to conclusions, don't you think? I doubt it will sell that much, but I'm sure that it will profitable for them.