By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Titanfall 2 Designer: Switch Is So Underpowered Third Party Support Will Be No Different Than Wii U

He's likely representing a large amount of third party developers today but all it tells me is that developers have become worse through the years in catering to different systems, rather than it being a fault with the co sole makers.

Around the Network

I can't believe how ignorant the Nintendo fanbase on this site is. This is not about Titanfall 2 if it did flop or not. It's about the fact that the Switch starts to sound very similar to the WiiU story when it comes to third-party support. And this is not the first developer to share this opinion within a couple of days. I don't get the Nintendo fanbase, it's like you guys want the Nintendo products to flop.

gigaSheik said:
And still, Splatoon sold more than Titanfall.

you're wrong though.

http://www.gameondaily.com/titanfall-sold-more-than-7-million-units/
https://www.destructoid.com/more-like-mario-kart-8-million-here-are-the-wii-u-and-3ds-best-sellers-395819.phtml

over 7m vs. 4.57m

onionberry said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

from IGN " It’s rare that a sequel evolves on every part of the original concept so consistently for the better, but Titanfall 2 is that exception. Its feelgood movement is the foundation for both the engaging action and platforming gameplay of its strong campaign and its over-the-top competitive multiplayer. With bolstered progression, customization, variety, and a fleshed-out story, Respawn has made good on its original vision with Titanfall 2. And bottom line, it’s just damn fun to play."

why would zelda teach any shit to a fps franchise that have 89 metacritic and its praised by its gameplay ?

Is zelda some kind of god of games that is a better fps than any fps out there , the god game that didnt even released and already beats every game in every genre, i think zelda should teach some things about gameplay to granturismo and street fighter  next.

why people on this site are so fucking dramatic, read my previous posts, I said that zelda is a good book for developers, I was not talking about titanfall.

Because you're spouting these maxims from The Holy Book Of Nintendo as if Zelda and its game design were some divine examples of  perfection. Explain what you mean. What is so unique about Zelda, that every developer should learn from it? Do you mean the thing where you have to go around revisiting the same locations over and over again, because you get the necessary items incrementally later on? Not a big fan of that, personally. Is it something else? Is it something that's not a matter of personal tastes?

Alkibiádēs said:
Nem said:

It still sold 2m and it's not an internal EA studio. Dunno if its another Titanfall, but i'm sure they will make more games with those kind of numbers.

Still, i don't know why everyone is beeing hostile to the guy. He is right. It's not like this comes as a surprise to anyone.

They were expecting to sell over 10 million copies lol. 

EA was. The studio gets payed either way.

They make AAA titles. I'm sure they can get another publisher interested in a 2m sales game. Just won't put the same backing in it that EA did.

But honestly... its EA's fault for making it compete with their own other product, battlefield.

Still... this has no relevance to what he is saying about the Switch, wich is the purest truth.

Around the Network
Puppyroach said:
He's likely representing a large amount of third party developers today but all it tells me is that developers have become worse through the years in catering to different systems, rather than it being a fault with the co sole makers.

They don't have to cater to individual console makers anymore. EA doesn't need to bow down to Nintendo. Hell not even Sony or MS if they don't want. They could just as easily put it on Origin. Same with SE, Ubisoft, Activision CD Projekt Red, etc. The days where Nintendo gets to rule with a iron fist is long past. There are options now and 3rd parties are the ones in control. Sony and MS know this and that is why they bow down and make sure that their systems meets their demands. Nintendo refuses to play along and therefore get left behind.

Nintendo is the one who needs to get with the times. Its already too late for Swiitch. Hopefully Nintendo gets with the times next gen. Because AAA 3rd party won't be on Nintendo unless Nintendo makes real hardware.

bunchanumbers said:
Puppyroach said:

They don't have to cater to individual console makers anymore. EA doesn't need to bow down to Nintendo. Hell not even Sony or MS if they don't want. They could just as easily put it on Origin. Same with SE, Ubisoft, Activision CD Projekt Red, etc. The days where Nintendo gets to rule with a iron fist is long past. There are options now and 3rd parties are the ones in control. Sony and MS know this and that is why they bow down and make sure that their systems meets their demands. Nintendo refuses to play along and therefore get left behind.

Nintendo is the one who needs to get with the times. Its already too late for Swiitch. Hopefully Nintendo gets with the times next gen. Because AAA 3rd party won't be on Nintendo unless Nintendo makes real hardware.

I'm glad that Nintendo's dominant days have passed. That developers have become lazy and incompetent enough to not being able to create software for several different consoles with different architectures is just as troublesome as Nintendo's position in the 80's and 90's.

Puppyroach said:
bunchanumbers said:

I'm glad that Nintendo's dominant days have passed. That developers have become lazy and incompetent enough to not being able to create software for several different consoles with different architectures is just as troublesome as Nintendo's position in the 80's and 90's.

You can say it however you like, but Nintendo getting less games is never good.

Kerotan said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Even if it had strong support, I don't think it would sell very well.

People primarily buying Switch aren't looking for a portable X1 or PS4.

It means a huge chunk of gamers won't even consider this and will instead opt for pc/xb1/ps4

Well its evident not enough core Xbox and Playstation gamers are intersted in those experiences on Nintendo platforms. Nintendo isn't even intersted in spending the money it takes to go head on with Xbox and Playstation. So they look for a different audience.

At the very least I feel Nintendo should make an effort to get notable 7th gen games ported to Switch. That's relatively cheap to do, bolsters the libary and making those titles portable is unique.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

It's a shame, Titanfall 2 is probably the best shooter since Quake III. Lol at all the passive aggressive responses ITT. Respawn are like one of the best Western devs out there, they're like Platinum, they may not produce commercial hits but their games are fun to play AF.

I think the reality will be that the only 3rd party Switch is gonna get are those niche, weird Japanese devs who are on Vita. Technically it's a great fit, Switch is what the PSP3/Vita 2 would be in terms of power.