By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Titanfall 2 Designer: Switch Is So Underpowered Third Party Support Will Be No Different Than Wii U

NATO said:
Peh said:
Should we care?

For Titanfall in particular? Nah not at all, but for third party support panning out to be terrible, again, then yeah, yeah you should worry a little.

Depends. The Wii U had its share of 3rd party content. Obviously not from the big publishers out there. Still didn't matter to me, got them on the PC.

So far, like I posted earlier, I won't even give my 2 cents on skyrim if they don't do something new. I've invested a lot of hours into the game on pc already. If it's gonna be just a port, it will die really fast.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Around the Network

Meanwhile it is getting Skyrim and Bomberman.

I'm glad they aren't wasting time porting TF2 to another console. Spend that time making sure their next game is better than Titanfall. Its a good game but they dumbed it down way too much for sales.

Switch owners have Splatoon 2 coming, I think they'll be fine in regards to shooters.

Dr.Vita said:
Nintendo didn't learn from their mistakes with the Wii U... Switch situation is just a joke at the moment...

yup

NATO said:
Peh said:
Should we care?

For Titanfall in particular? Nah not at all, but for third party support panning out to be terrible, again, then yeah, yeah you should worry a little.

This. All of it.

What a surprise.

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
I'd actually love Wii U level 3rd party support (from launch) for the Switch right now, lol, it'd be way better than what the Switch is getting.

Wii U had decent third party games, Nintendo had no killer apps after NSMBU for like the first year, which is their own fault. Wasted their time on things like Nintendo Land, Wii Party U, Wii Fit U, Game & Wario, etc.

Those games did gangbusters on Wii so can you really blame them?

Interesting this is being stated.

I am not even sure if Nintendo themselves wanted such a game on their console to begin with.

" It has never been about acknowledgement when you achieve something. When you are acknowledged, then and only then can you achieve something. Always have your friends first to achieve your goals later." - OnlyForDisplay

And still, Splatoon sold more than Titanfall.

Kerotan said:
Ck1x said:

Sure because people are buying multiple consoles and variations of those systems! The current install bases and the way games sell on those systems don't reflect 50 million or 26 million unique owners... I mean think about it, how many people who bought launch PS4's or XbOne's have gone out and purchased PS4 slim, PRO or XbOne S?

You're wrong.  Ps4 has a software ratio of something over 7:1.  And considering we get free games every month to play that's very impressive. 

well..... lets work with him here.

It probably is that for some reason PS3 owners like to purchase multiple copies of the same game. Thats why the atach ratio is where its at

No surprise really. It's not just a matter of Titanfall 2; the Switch is not powerful enough to get any PS4/XB1 AAA 3rd party games, only games that are also scaled to Xbox 360 level hardware. Like with Wii U, not many would actually want to buy such bottom quality versions of games anyway, so expect few developers to even try.

My 8th gen collection