By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Titanfall 2 Designer: Switch Is So Underpowered Third Party Support Will Be No Different Than Wii U

your game looks underpowered with that engine

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

Around the Network

It's already mentioned in the third post but I don't think Switch could have ran Titanfall 2 even at 480p.

Developers should say these things more professionally though. Comes off bad.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

oniyide said:
WC4Life said:

Neither. The guy doesn't think about the question at all and let's his answer fly, just sounds really confident like it wouldn't be possible technically.

So the developer of his own game wouldnt know better?

???

That's the point.

I cannot imagine toilet-free life.

Kebabs have a unique attribute compared to other consumables. To unlock this effect you need to wolf down a big ass kebab really fast, like under 10 minutes or so and wait for the effect to kick in. If done correctly your movements should feel unbelievably heavy to the point where you literally cannot move at all.

-Downtown Alanya Kebab magazine issue no.198

Darwinianevolution said:
oniyide said:

did they though?

A lot of them did. Sure, it was not their PS360 projects for the most part, but you can't deny the Wii got a ton of 3rd party games. If the Switch had the level of good 3rd party support the Wii had without the shovelware, I think a lot of people would be more than happy.

I wouldnt consider dumping a bunch of shovelware on a system changing their tune. Hell the games that werent shovelware I wouldnt even consider AA or even A effort, but its better than nothing i guess

I'd actually love Wii U level 3rd party support (from launch) for the Switch right now, lol, it'd be way better than what the Switch is getting.

Wii U had decent third party games, Nintendo had no killer apps after NSMBU for like the first year, which is their own fault. Wasted their time on things like Nintendo Land, Wii Party U, Wii Fit U, Game & Wario, etc.

Around the Network

Nintendo didn't learn from their mistakes with the Wii U... Switch situation is just a joke at the moment...

Trunkin said:
setsunatenshi said:

are you sure that's hyperbole? the fact that it can't handle matchmaking and chat without a phone app should tell you a lot about this device

I think that has more to do with the sorry state of Nintendo's OS than with the specs of the device. It smashes all but the absolute most top-of-the-line Arm tablets in terms of specs, and probably beats even those in performance thanks to its active cooling.

Too bad it's only actively cooled in docked mode and the machine still needs to work just as well with passive cooling in handheld mode. And even then you're setting the standard from tablets.

The fact is, it can't run a game + other applications, which is why they basically had the brilliant idea to make people pay for what they could already use for free. A mobile app in which you could voice chat with your friends.

So yeah, would be lovely if people were a bit more harsh on that, rather than getting pissed at a developer that was honest enough to not sugar coat and be giving false hopes

"This thing is underpowered!" - From a developer who probably has never even touched a WiiU or Switch dev kit, or even read any real tech documentation about either

Can't believe you people listen to this garbage.

Quite honestly - if 3rd party games don't sell well on PS4/X1, do they matter at all on the Switch even if they came?

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

RolStoppable said:
Didn't Titanfall 2 kinda flop?

Bad release date, personal goty though. 

Peh said:
Should we care?

For Titanfall in particular? Nah not at all, but for third party support panning out to be terrible, again, then yeah, yeah you should worry a little.