By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Titanfall 2 Designer: Switch Is So Underpowered Third Party Support Will Be No Different Than Wii U

Ck1x said:
Kerotan said:

Ps4 and XB1 will probably both double their curreznt totals before the end of the gen.  I disagree with that. 

Sure because people are buying multiple consoles and variations of those systems! The current install bases and the way games sell on those systems don't reflect 50 million or 26 million unique owners... I mean think about it, how many people who bought launch PS4's or XbOne's have gone out and purchased PS4 slim, PRO or XbOne S?

Truth. People assume the same thing for 3DS. How many unique users do we assume that platform has. My guess is closer to the 40 million mark than 60, which is reflected in sales numbers for software. 

In most cases, I would say roughly half of the sales for reiterations are upgrades rather than customers who are new to the ecosystem altogether. 

Another interesting question: How many day one Switch buyers won't have owned a Wii U? 

10...20%? 

Over a sixth month period, I'm sure that percentage will rise. At the start, though. All these pre-orders are Nintendo faithful. They don't tell us much about long term success.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

Around the Network
Aerys said:
Pavolink said:

I can confirm the cycle is real. But in this case no NFan cares about this game. On the other hand, we care about other games like Monter Hunter, Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Resident Evil, Dragon Quest, etc.

When they announce KH3 and FFVIIR are not coming to Switch, you'll see the cycle again.

You cant speak for all of thèm, more games is always better anyway, and Switch could also not just bé bought by Nintendo fans , or it wouldnt reach more than 20M, some people will see it as thé only next génération handheld ( éven if thats wrong as Nintendo will prove it with 4DS) so they could have bought it Because they Want to play on handheld and will naively believe Nintendo words about more 3rd party support.

Also im sûre any gamer , Nintendo fan or not, would have liked à game liké Persona 5 on Switch, would have Been thé perfect console for that if Nintendo wasnt so arrogant when it Comes to third party

I can speak for everyone and no Nintendo fan cares for Titanfall 2.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

AZWification said:

Good thing it will get the type of games the 3DS got, eh?

The problem with that is that it cost 4 times as much.

Ck1x said:
celador said:
Not sure why people are so offended, it's not like he called the whole console a piece of shit.

It would probably run and look bad on the system and wouldn't sell anyway, so no-one is losing out

Probably because the guy says something as stupid as Nintendo hasn't made a AAA game in over 7yrs! This guy wish that he could ever attach his name to something like BoTW, so he should probably hope that EA green lights another Titanfall game in the future...

Uhm he doesn't need to, because Respawn own's the IP.
EA only has the publishing rights for the first and second game.

Ck1x said:
Kerotan said:

Ps4 and XB1 will probably both double their curreznt totals before the end of the gen.  I disagree with that. 

Sure because people are buying multiple consoles and variations of those systems! The current install bases and the way games sell on those systems don't reflect 50 million or 26 million unique owners... I mean think about it, how many people who bought launch PS4's or XbOne's have gone out and purchased PS4 slim, PRO or XbOne S?

You're wrong.  Ps4 has a software ratio of something over 7:1.  And considering we get free games every month to play that's very impressive. 

Around the Network

Beating a dead horse now.

I'm sure even if the F15 must come to Switch crowed gets that its to weak to handle games like that.

setsunatenshi said:
Trunkin said:

Hey, now! Take it easy with that hyperbole!

are you sure that's hyperbole? the fact that it can't handle matchmaking and chat without a phone app should tell you a lot about this device

I think that has more to do with the sorry state of Nintendo's OS than with the specs of the device. It smashes all but the absolute most top-of-the-line Arm tablets in terms of specs, and probably beats even those in performance thanks to its active cooling.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
onionberry said:

I mean, zelda can teach him some stuff about gameplay design

from IGN " It’s rare that a sequel evolves on every part of the original concept so consistently for the better, but Titanfall 2 is that exception. Its feelgood movement is the foundation for both the engaging action and platforming gameplay of its strong campaign and its over-the-top competitive multiplayer. With bolstered progression, customization, variety, and a fleshed-out story, Respawn has made good on its original vision with Titanfall 2. And bottom line, it’s just damn fun to play."

why would zelda teach any shit to a fps franchise that have 89 metacritic and its praised by its gameplay ?

Is zelda some kind of god of games that is a better fps than any fps out there , the god game that didnt even released and already beats every game in every genre, i think zelda should teach some things about gameplay to granturismo and street fighter  next.

why people on this site are so fucking dramatic, read my previous posts, I said that zelda is a good book for developers, I was not talking about titanfall.

Ah yes, the VGchartz time honored tradition of missing the forest for the trees.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

So the overall theme I'm understanding from some people is that the dev throwing stones from a glass house. Well I mean, this is true and I am pretty sure that Titanfall 2 wouldn't sell well on the Switch due to its initial sales reception, but it doesn't make it a bad game by any means. There is no reason to make it sound irrelevant. It's like saying W101 wasn't good because it sold poorly, or IGN rated it low because it was too hard for them to play on a difficulty setting they could have adjusted anyway.

On the other hand, I find it curious that other people are acting like this is a big deal that the Switch does not get this game. Especially since people would say the following if it hypothetically did
A. Its an old game. I bought a N-E-W system to buy O-L-D games?
B. I can play it on another platform!
C. Its a downgrade; if you are fan of Nintendo you shouldn't support this from the devs (*if they don't they proceed to say Nintendo fans don't buy games and proceed to blame them)
There's more, but I think I made my point.