By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Titanfall 2 Designer: Switch Is So Underpowered Third Party Support Will Be No Different Than Wii U

Zkuq said:
Am I seeing people being offended here because someone wasn't very serious and apologizing about a game not coming to their console? Really, people? That's what everyone was expecting, no need to get upset about it even though it's not a nice thing to hear.

People don't care about Titanfall one way or the other, hell most people didn't even realize the game released already! They guy just has no tact at all whatsoever... I've seen more of an out cry for Overwatch than anyone asking to get a port of Titanfall.

Around the Network
sundin13 said:
Nobody ever expected to get every third party game on Switch (and I don't think anyone expected Titanfall), but it still sucks to see people put Nintendo into this box. I have always felt that Nintendo systems typically offer more room for creativity than most but so many developers just look to "more graphics" for their iterations as opposed to anything which actually pushes the boundaries.

Also, this is why you let your PR team do the talking.

Nintendo put themselves in that box by not having hardware powerful enough to run the games that alot of 3rd parties are making. Its not just about graphics, more HW is able to add more things on screen. Titanfall 2 particular has a bunch of NPCs running around among the player characters. 

As for PR, Im the opposite its good to see someone not sugar coating and lying.

WC4Life said:
KingofTrolls said:

Is this pros or con ?

Neither. The guy doesn't think about the question at all and let's his answer fly, just sounds really confident like it wouldn't be possible technically.

So the developer of his own game wouldnt know better?

If they sell enough consoles, developers will change their tune. A lot did for the Wii.

Mr Puggsly said:
Kerotan said:
Bad news for Switch third party support. Not looking good

Even if it had strong support, I don't think it would sell very well.

People primarily buying Switch aren't looking for a portable X1 or PS4.

It means a huge chunk of gamers won't even consider this and will instead opt for pc/xb1/ps4

Around the Network
Faelco said:
konnichiwa said:

Next shitty game will probably be mass effect.

Yep, it's already confirmed and the thread was the same. 

The "nobody cares about this game anyway" game of the year award will go to RDR2 though. 

GoTY will probably go to that WiiU port he thought was so funny and not AAA!

bad news

konnichiwa said:
_Jameson said:

Yea, the cycle has begun again.

Next shitty game will probably be mass effect.

Mass Effect is understandable to want on the Switch and so is Overwatch, but people won't lose any sleep over Titanfall. Not that it's a bad game but it's primary mechanics were not only done in the first game, but also replicated in CoD to an extent. The core fan base didn't care enough to check for the second game, so it probably lost that original feel that the first game garnered.

Kerotan said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Even if it had strong support, I don't think it would sell very well.

People primarily buying Switch aren't looking for a portable X1 or PS4.

It means a huge chunk of gamers won't even consider this and will instead opt for pc/xb1/ps4

Most gamers already own those systems though...

Ck1x said:
Kerotan said:

Most gamers already own those systems though...

Ps4 and XB1 will probably both double their current totals before the end of the gen.  I disagree with that.