By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Titanfall 2 Designer: Switch Is So Underpowered Third Party Support Will Be No Different Than Wii U

Rab said:
It's actually a good game, but it died early, not really wanted on the Switch I think

in terms of sales, or players. Cause it has been top 20 and people are playing it often

Around the Network
the_dark_lewd said:
If they sell enough consoles, developers will change their tune. A lot did for the Wii.

did they though?

Tell the truth, but only if its the truth i want to hear

Kerotan said:
Ck1x said:

Most gamers already own those systems though...

Ps4 and XB1 will probably both double their curreznt totals before the end of the gen.  I disagree with that. 

Sure because people are buying multiple consoles and variations of those systems! The current install bases and the way games sell on those systems don't reflect 50 million or 26 million unique owners... I mean think about it, how many people who bought launch PS4's or XbOne's have gone out and purchased PS4 slim, PRO or XbOne S?

I think it will essentially be what the 3ds got, maybe with some western devs here and there

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
oniyide said:
the_dark_lewd said:
If they sell enough consoles, developers will change their tune. A lot did for the Wii.

did they though?

A lot of them did. Sure, it was not their PS360 projects for the most part, but you can't deny the Wii got a ton of 3rd party games. If the Switch had the level of good 3rd party support the Wii had without the shovelware, I think a lot of people would be more than happy.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

gatito said:
They can keep it. Did anyone actually play that game after what happened with the first one?

I played it and it is a great game.  Very fun MP and probably one of the best SP going in the last few years.  Yes, the game did not sell great but that does not mean the game itself is garbage.  Actually its the opposite as many sites and gamers gave it very high praise.

RolStoppable said:
GProgrammer said:

Yes it did, so it would be like throwing good money after bad. A port is not free to make.

I don't want a port. My point was that the guy shouldn't be laughing when the future of his IP is in doubt. Soon he might not make Titanfall for any system.

He probably has a front-loaded contract...or plays baseball...

sundin13 said:
Nobody ever expected to get every third party game on Switch (and I don't think anyone expected Titanfall), but it still sucks to see people put Nintendo into this box. I have always felt that Nintendo systems typically offer more room for creativity than most but so many developers just look to "more graphics" for their iterations as opposed to anything which actually pushes the boundaries.

Also, this is why you let your PR team do the talking.

same room for creativity that currently enjoyed by Indie dev on Xbox one and PS4. What matters more is the install based. If Nintendo switch can't get a decent install base there wont be any title other then Nintendo's coming to the system. 

Well I did not buy TF2 for my X1 or PS4, so why should I even care that it won't be on Switch?

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261