By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will the Nintendo hatedom go down after the Switch reveal?

Hating Nintendo will never go out of fashion.

Around the Network
SWORDF1SH said:
GoOnKid said:

Really? Where?

Well if you can't see it then you're blind to it. 

I can't help you with that!

Wait, now I remember. PS4 has no gamez!! Is this still a thing? Haven't seen that for like two years anymore.

Generally speaking, the PS4 does good and gets the praise for it. Vita on the other hand may be another story, but it's not the subject.

GoOnKid said:
SWORDF1SH said:

Well if you can't see it then you're blind to it. 

I can't help you with that!

Wait, now I remember. PS4 has no gamez!! Is this still a thing? Haven't seen that for like two years anymore.

Generally speaking, the PS4 does good and gets the praise for it. Vita on the other hand may be another story, but it's not the subject.

It happens to all three companies all the time. The latest hate from fanboys directed at Sony is hating on PSVR and Pro.

My point is that Sony is by far the most successful at the moment and it still gets hate. It's not a problem that only Nintendo has which a lot a people are trying to make out. 

So that's why I believe a successful Switch will not slow down the hate for Nintendo that much.

There's hate for every platform, and always will be.

2Quick said:
Yerm said:
 the Wii sold well but in the long run it was a flop. 

I'm pretty sure the wii was not a flop

Yeah, to paint the Wii as a flop needs a lot of reality distortion. But there was a longstanding campaign to diminish the Wii, even at it's peak times, and it succeeded. The Wii was grouped as last gen to decalre X360 or PS3 winner of the gen or the Wii was excluded in comparisons as it 'doesn't count'. The Wii is not a real scotsmen.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_true_Scotsman

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

I used to be a huge Nintendo fan once upon a time.

The Wii was my last Nintendo console. I won't get another until they decide to release a console with more modern hardware and good 3rd party support.

No I don't think hate will go down after Nintendo release an underpowered 400GFlop console in 2017 that will get very little of the blockbuster third party titles.

Wii sold 100m units and it was massively hated. Why would Switch be immune to hate? Besides there's nothing wrong with criticism when its deserved. What is wrong with hoping that a system is powerful enough to get full 3rd party support?

There's no shortage of reasons for people to decide to hate just about anything for some particular reason, Nintendo certainly isn't above it.

If Switch makes a good impression it might temper the cynical skepticism a lot of people tend to have regarding Nintendo though. If only by a little.

Barkley said:
No I don't think hate will go down after Nintendo release an underpowered 400GFlop console in 2017 that will get very little of the blockbuster third party titles.

Just out of curiosity, how powerful do you think a device in that form factor should be?