By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will the Nintendo hatedom go down after the Switch reveal?

"It's a fad blah blah blah"
"Nintendo is for babies lolz"
"Handhelds are dead. Doopty doo"
"It wont be great til we get a new Chibi Robo. Hurdy hurd"
"Nintendo should go full mobile. Yadda yadda"
"Everything would sell better if it were on PS4/Xbox. Derpty derp"

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Around the Network
RavenXtra said:
Barkley said:
No I don't think hate will go down after Nintendo release an underpowered 400GFlop console in 2017 that will get very little of the blockbuster third party titles.

Just out of curiosity, how powerful do you think a device in that form factor should be?

The problem is the form factor isn't so relevant, as this will likely also be the only home console produced by Nintendo. The hate is coming from people that want a home console experience.

For people who aren't really interested in handheld gaming the Switch is incredibly underpowered considering it is strongly outmatched by machines released 3 and a half years earlier.

Considering it's form factor, it's a great piece of hardware, but if you just want a console you plug into your TV it's pretty awful.

Normchacho said:
Ugh. Sometimes gamers are the worst.

"People don't like my preferred video game brand because they're biased!"

Enough. It's arrogant, and whiny, and far too prevalent on gaming forums.

Will 100% of hate against Nintendo vanish after the reveal event? Of course not. But if they address enough people's concerns about the Switch the direction of the company in general then we will absolutely see a positive shift in the way people look at Nintendo.

fleischr said:
"It's a fad blah blah blah"
"Nintendo is for babies lolz"
"Handhelds are dead. Doopty doo"
"It wont be great til we get a new Chibi Robo. Hurdy hurd"
"Nintendo should go full mobile. Yadda yadda"
"Everything would sell better if it were on PS4/Xbox. Derpty derp"

Yeah, because everybody that doesn't share your opinion is retarted. I'll refer you to my earlier post ^

Grow up.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

RolStoppable said:
bunchanumbers said:
Wii sold 100m units and it was massively hated. Why would Switch be immune to hate? Besides there's nothing wrong with criticism when its deserved. What is wrong with hoping that a system is powerful enough to get full 3rd party support?

Lack of understanding for how Sony and Microsoft can sell such powerful systems. In the beginning Sony and Microsoft leveraged their other divisions to sell hardware at notable losses, nowadays they subsidize the hardware costs first and foremost by letting gamers pay for online multiplayer.

So if you demand a powerful Nintendo system, you aren't going to get around the catch that there will be additional costs elsewhere. A call for a powerful Nintendo system necessitates that you are willing to pay extra for online multiplayer and possibly other basic features too.

I'm not demanding a powerful Nintendo system. I'd like to see a Nintendo system that is on par and can get 3rd party ports. They don't have to make a 6TF monster. Nintendo could have easily done this but instead decided to make a tablet that is a little more powerful than hardware they released 5 years ago.

And who is to say that there won't be a online service charge this time? According to surveys Nintendo was thinking about that too.

Anyway if you think the hate is bad now, wait until the Switch comes out.

You'll have months and months of threads about the Switch's sales being lackluster, and just you wait for the Switch vs PS4/XBO graphics comparison threads.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
There's more hate when Nintendo is successful. The gaming media has hammered it in the heads of many gamers that Nintendo success is the worst thing that can happen to gaming.

so what your saying is ninendo hatedom will go down after the switch is released.

mark the calendar boys.

Of course it won't go down. If the console turn out to be another Wii U or Gamecube, the Nintendo fans will hate it. If it turns out to be another NES of Wii, the rest of the gaming world will hate it.

So, the real question is, will people hate it and Nintendo makes money, or will people hate it and Nintendo does not make money.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Success brings even more hate no matter what action is taken, anyone expecting a positive shift in opinions from certain groups like the online mob is kidding themselves.

Maybe, I mean the Sony hate has decreased so much since the PS4 arrived. The PS3 deserved all the hate it got, I own one, it's a crappy console TBH.
I also own a WiiU and a 2DS, and well, nothing perfect here either, really really really really far from it.

My main problem with Nintendo today is not because I hate them, it's because I think they are doing the bare minimum, and that they could do so much better, and they should do so much better, also they really don't give any shit about their fans.

If they change that, of course I will cut them some slack, and so will a lot of people.

Like they say haters gonna hate, some people don't really care how nintendo does they just like to hate for no reason.