By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will the Nintendo hatedom go down after the Switch reveal?

Ljink96 said:
No. The people that are unhappy with Nintendo are gamers who want Nintendo to do another vanilla 8th gen console. 8GB of ram, 1.5+ TF, etc. and Switch won't be that device. So it won't necessarily be able to run games like Red Dead 2 or ME:A, They want Nintendo to "get with the times" which I agree with to a point with their account service and voice chat, but they want Nintendo to go the full mile and make a console disguised as a PS4 Pro and that's simply not what Nintendo is interested in doing.

Haters gonna hate, simple as that. Even if Nintendo blows it out of the water on the 12th, people will still find ways to spin it negatively.

There is nothing wrong with that.  In my early teens all i cared about was NIntendo then it was like well i cna afford more than one console so I don't care that NIntendo doesn't have 3rd party support. But now as I get older and want to have kids and time and space become an issue, I just want one bloody device lol, plus I like NIntendo controllers better.

It isn't too much to ask for to have good support so that I do not need more than one console. 

Around the Network
bigtakilla said:
Turkish said:

If Nintendo does things to please its fans and hardcore gamers, people will stop the criticism. Really there is no reason for this persecution complex, you imply like the hate Nintendo has been getting was unfair, as if people love to hate Nintendo.

Sony got tons of hate during the PS3 launch and its early years, the hate was more than Nintendo ever got. But they managed to right the ship and closed the generation with +85M consoles sold and games like The Last of Us.

This is Sony now

It's almost like the Vita never happened. Or VR.

Yeah, everyone is praising Sony for the Vita's success, we really are too kind with them.

Yerm said:
 the Wii sold well but in the long run it was a flop. 

I'm pretty sure the wii was not a flop

Proud Owner of:

Atari: 2600 5200 Jaguar

Sega: Master System Genesis (W/CD) Saturn Dreamcast Game Gear

Nintendo: NES SNES N64 Gamecube WII WIIU GB GBA(W/e-Reader) DS(i) 3DS

Sony: PS1 PS2 PS3 PS4(W/VR) PSP

Microsoft: XBOX XBOX360

Other: Colecovision, TurboGrafx-16, OUYA, R-Zone Super Screen, Xavix, Intellivision

Windows 10 w/ 12GB RAM, first Gen i7 processor, and 480 GTX; MacBook Air

RolStoppable said:
Faelco said:

Yeah, everyone is praising Sony for the Vita's success, we really are too kind with them.

That was a response to "all Sony does is win."

I know ^^, the goal of my post was to answer to the OP using the example you gave, not to say that your comment was wrong!

When a company fails, we complain. MS with the One's launch, Sony with the Vita, Nintendo with the Wii U.... It's the same thing.

It won´t. Nintendo haters will keeping hating its products no matter how good they are.

Even if Nintendo launched a console with double the power of PS4 and half the price, haters would keep
complaining that their games are too "family-friendly" or that their franchises are "milked" or that their games are not "mature enough" or that their games are "too japanese", or that their online services are "awful" (even if they´re free), or that they don´t "help third parties" etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

Around the Network

Nope, I think Nintendo Switch will be successful and it will still get hate. Look how successful the PS4 is and the hate for it still runs wild.

Probably not, since the console its still a niche/gimmicky design. Until its commercially successful - if it ever is - then the "hatedom" (more like smart scepticism) will fade.

SWORDF1SH said:
Nope, I think Nintendo Switch will be successful and it will still get hate. Look how successful the PS4 is and the hate for it still runs wild.

Really? Where?

it is like putting gas on a fire...

GoOnKid said:
SWORDF1SH said:

Really? Where?

Well if you can't see it then you're blind to it. 

I can't help you with that!