Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will the Nintendo hatedom go down after the Switch reveal?

No it won't

there are some people( always the same 5-10 people) on this forum that will never stop with their "hate" and dislike and will always find a way to downplay anything positive about Nintendo.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Around the Network
badgenome said:
RolStoppable said:
There's more hate when Nintendo is successful. The gaming media has hammered it in the heads of many gamers that Nintendo success is the worst thing that can happen to gaming.

Is that a yes?

No. At this point it's more likely that Nintendo will trend upwards, although it's not a sure thing.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

KrspaceT said:

(For the sake of this argument, let's say that the reveal was a decent success. it didn't launch with every dream game, but the launch was solid with major hits, 3rd party support while not perfect is decent, and the year goes without any major issues. Minor issues allowed)

In this hypothetical scenario the launch goes well, people are buying the system, and it has more positivity going around it than the Wii U did. Several big issues people had are dealt with (say region locking, friend codes, and such), even if one or two remain. 

Zelda is well recieved. The winter big game is well recieved. The ports and small projects are well recived. The 3rd party games sell to a point they do more later. etc etc. 

Under these conditions, will the nintendo hate that seems to be pretty thick go down? 

Question was posed after I put in Nintendo Fan on Youtube and got a surprising amount of hate, especially from 2-3 years ago that I think comes from about 2014 given how youtube dates things and the early status of 2017 as of now.

If Nintendo does things to please its fans and hardcore gamers, people will stop the criticism. Really there is no reason for this persecution complex, you imply like the hate Nintendo has been getting was unfair, as if people love to hate Nintendo.

Sony got tons of hate during the PS3 launch and its early years, the hate was more than Nintendo ever got. But they managed to right the ship and closed the generation with +85M consoles sold and games like The Last of Us.

This is Sony now

It has a chance to reduce the skeptical criticism. But no chance in hell in stopping the League of Doomsayers.

Massimus - "Trump already has democrat support."

Turkish said:
KrspaceT said:

(For the sake of this argument, let's say that the reveal was a decent success. it didn't launch with every dream game, but the launch was solid with major hits, 3rd party support while not perfect is decent, and the year goes without any major issues. Minor issues allowed)

In this hypothetical scenario the launch goes well, people are buying the system, and it has more positivity going around it than the Wii U did. Several big issues people had are dealt with (say region locking, friend codes, and such), even if one or two remain. 

Zelda is well recieved. The winter big game is well recieved. The ports and small projects are well recived. The 3rd party games sell to a point they do more later. etc etc. 

Under these conditions, will the nintendo hate that seems to be pretty thick go down? 

Question was posed after I put in Nintendo Fan on Youtube and got a surprising amount of hate, especially from 2-3 years ago that I think comes from about 2014 given how youtube dates things and the early status of 2017 as of now.

If Nintendo does things to please its fans and hardcore gamers, people will stop the criticism. Really there is no reason for this persecution complex, you imply like the hate Nintendo has been getting was unfair, as if people love to hate Nintendo.

Sony got tons of hate during the PS3 launch and its early years, the hate was more than Nintendo ever got. But they managed to right the ship and closed the generation with +85M consoles sold and games like The Last of Us.

This is Sony now

It's almost like the Vita never happened. Or VR.

Around the Network
Ljink96 said:
No. The people that are unhappy with Nintendo are gamers who want Nintendo to do another vanilla 8th gen console. 8GB of ram, 1.5+ TF, etc. and Switch won't be that device. So it won't necessarily be able to run games like Red Dead 2 or ME:A, They want Nintendo to "get with the times" which I agree with to a point with their account service and voice chat, but they want Nintendo to go the full mile and make a console disguised as a PS4 Pro and that's simply not what Nintendo is interested in doing.

Haters gonna hate, simple as that. Even if Nintendo blows it out of the water on the 12th, people will still find ways to spin it negatively.

There is nothing wrong with that.  In my early teens all i cared about was NIntendo then it was like well i cna afford more than one console so I don't care that NIntendo doesn't have 3rd party support. But now as I get older and want to have kids and time and space become an issue, I just want one bloody device lol, plus I like NIntendo controllers better.

It isn't too much to ask for to have good support so that I do not need more than one console. 

bigtakilla said:
Turkish said:

This is Sony now

Yeah, everyone is praising Sony for the Vita's success, we really are too kind with them.

Faelco said:
bigtakilla said:

Yeah, everyone is praising Sony for the Vita's success, we really are too kind with them.

That was a response to "all Sony does is win."

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

Yerm said:
 the Wii sold well but in the long run it was a flop. 

I'm pretty sure the wii was not a flop

Proud Owner of:

Atari: 2600 5200 Jaguar

Sega: Master System Genesis (W/CD) Saturn Dreamcast Game Gear

Nintendo: NES SNES N64 Gamecube WII WIIU GB GBA(W/e-Reader) DS(i) 3DS

Sony: PS1 PS2 PS3 PS4(W/VR) PSP

Microsoft: XBOX XBOX360

Other: Colecovision, TurboGrafx-16, OUYA, R-Zone Super Screen, Xavix, Intellivision

Windows 10 w/ 12GB RAM, first Gen i7 processor, and 480 GTX; MacBook Air

RolStoppable said:
Faelco said:

That was a response to "all Sony does is win."

I know ^^, the goal of my post was to answer to the OP using the example you gave, not to say that your comment was wrong!

When a company fails, we complain. MS with the One's launch, Sony with the Vita, Nintendo with the Wii U.... It's the same thing.