By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will the Nintendo hatedom go down after the Switch reveal?

And if the Switch's reveal and launch are a Wii U level disaster, will the Nintendo fandom go down? Hypothetical scenario too of course ^^. 

Around the Network

I guess not, and I hope not.
Don't even care how different their console is. They deserve criticism as long as they treat consumers like trash.
Well, I guess the hype will blind some people and make them forget though.

KrspaceT said:

(For the sake of this argument, let's say that the reveal was a decent success. it didn't launch with every dream game, but the launch was solid with major hits, 3rd party support while not perfect is decent, and the year goes without any major issues. Minor issues allowed)

In this hypothetical scenario the launch goes well, people are buying the system, and it has more positivity going around it than the Wii U did. Several big issues people had are dealt with (say region locking, friend codes, and such), even if one or two remain. 

Zelda is well recieved. The winter big game is well recieved. The ports and small projects are well recived. The 3rd party games sell to a point they do more later. etc etc. 

Under these conditions, will the nintendo hate that seems to be pretty thick go down? 

Question was posed after I put in Nintendo Fan on Youtube and got a surprising amount of hate, especially from 2-3 years ago that I think comes from about 2014 given how youtube dates things and the early status of 2017 as of now.

All of these "ifs" make your question pretty useless. You might as well ask if the Switch will sell well if it sells well.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Nintendo is dooooooooooooooooooooooooomed. And it will always stay that way despite being a success or not. Haters gonna hate.

I'll buy it on day one with as many games as possible. And that's coming from someone who plays most of it's time on PC in 4k.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

There's internet keyboard warriors in every camp and some people seem to support their chosen console brand as if it was a football club. So hate will always be there.

If they criticise fairly though that's not hate. It's equally bad to be defending of something that is clearly wrong simply to defend your chosen brand.

It used to annoy me an owner of ps3, 360 and wii u when I stated the wii u version was inferior often with lower frame rates and inferior graphics and took longer to load and somehow that is Nintendo hate, its not its the reality of the situation but Nintendo fans had this false perception about wii u performance. Same when I've been on ps3 forums and I say this version is awful compared to the 360 version I'm like public enemy no.1 but I've actually played both versions.

Incorrectly defending something without actual knowledge to defend it is as bad as those who criticise without reason. Truth is what we should strive for.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
There's more hate when Nintendo is successful. The gaming media has hammered it in the heads of many gamers that Nintendo success is the worst thing that can happen to gaming.

Is that a yes?

All I can say is that my hate only increases with victim threads like these.

Take the criticism or ignore it. Nintendo is not special and will certainly not become special by people claiming that it's the most bullied kid in the school yard.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

No it won't

there are some people( always the same 5-10 people) on this forum that will never stop with their "hate" and dislike and will always find a way to downplay anything positive about Nintendo.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

KrspaceT said:

(For the sake of this argument, let's say that the reveal was a decent success. it didn't launch with every dream game, but the launch was solid with major hits, 3rd party support while not perfect is decent, and the year goes without any major issues. Minor issues allowed)

In this hypothetical scenario the launch goes well, people are buying the system, and it has more positivity going around it than the Wii U did. Several big issues people had are dealt with (say region locking, friend codes, and such), even if one or two remain. 

Zelda is well recieved. The winter big game is well recieved. The ports and small projects are well recived. The 3rd party games sell to a point they do more later. etc etc. 

Under these conditions, will the nintendo hate that seems to be pretty thick go down? 

Question was posed after I put in Nintendo Fan on Youtube and got a surprising amount of hate, especially from 2-3 years ago that I think comes from about 2014 given how youtube dates things and the early status of 2017 as of now.

If Nintendo does things to please its fans and hardcore gamers, people will stop the criticism. Really there is no reason for this persecution complex, you imply like the hate Nintendo has been getting was unfair, as if people love to hate Nintendo.

Sony got tons of hate during the PS3 launch and its early years, the hate was more than Nintendo ever got. But they managed to right the ship and closed the generation with +85M consoles sold and games like The Last of Us.

This is Sony now

Turkish said:
KrspaceT said:

If Nintendo does things to please its fans and hardcore gamers, people will stop the criticism. Really there is no reason for this persecution complex, you imply like the hate Nintendo has been getting was unfair, as if people love to hate Nintendo.

Sony got tons of hate during the PS3 launch and its early years, the hate was more than Nintendo ever got. But they managed to right the ship and closed the generation with +85M consoles sold and games like The Last of Us.

This is Sony now

It's almost like the Vita never happened. Or VR.