By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - I'm ignorant about politics. But I know I want change.

Ouroboros24 said:
bunchanumbers said:

But change isn't really staring us in the face. Its one guy. This one guy isn't going to change the entire system. He will need the support of congress and the senate. Pretty much all those guys he turned on and insulted during his campaign. They will not support any of his ideas or policies. If you thought the republican congress and senate against Obama was bad, this is going to be even worse. The one thing he will have control over will be the nuclear codes and executive orders. He'll end up using those against everyone who ever wronged him in his own mind and it will not be pretty.

Not to mention Supreme court justices. He'll end up dragging the country back 75 years with his choices.

And no. Ratings don't speak anything about how awesome a product is. There are smaller promotions that have lower ratings and are awesome.

I didn't say he was going to change the entire system, I simply argue that he is a change in the machine.  With another politician, history tells us it's more of the same.  Hillary is up there right now because she played the best politician out of everyone one else.  And who knows if Trump can't get the support he needs to do what needs to be done?  I'm not saying he will.  I'm saying, there is a shot because we're not repeating history.   As for all the guys he's upset, so what.  Seems to me you're giving him little credit.  So now Hillary is going to be the great unify?  Again speculations.  We don't know.  I'm not giving out any certainties here.  I'm arguing that it's a change from what we've been doing.  That's all. 

Nuclear codes and executive orders.  Speculations.  You act like this guy killed someone before.  He's a rich kid from new york, but I don't think he's ever killed anyone.  And you know what, I think he could have if he wanted to, he's rich enough.  He has family here.  He's not the monster everyone paints him to be.  Bro, you're telling me he's going to get upset one day, head straight for the button and push?  He's not going to have advisors, generals, his vice president, his family, his friends, etc to guide him on not pushing?  Let's not fear monger this strictly on speculation. 

Ratings speak volumes, but they don't tell the whole story.  I'll give you that.  But when you're watching smackdown live and your champion is wrestling a nobody for the main event, albeit a comedic role for your former champion, that does not make it awesome.  Dean Ambrose is faltering.  He used to be hot(at least as hot as the product gets in modern), right now he's resting on his laurels.  No one else other than the Miz and Ziggler making any noise.  Fruit roll-ups as finishers?  No, not awesome.  mediocre.

He already said he would fire all the generals. He said that he is the only one who can save the country. He won't be relying on anyone. He already said he will appoint a special prosecutor to Clinton. He said he will sue the women he allegedly assaulted. He said he would get rid of womens right to choose. He has 3am twitter rants against anyone and everyone who disrespects him. Now give him the nukes. It won't be pretty. 

Miz and Ziggler are the best part of Smackdown. But I always thought Ambrose was overrated. And yes I'm not a fan of what they did with AJ Styles. He nearly killed that guy because he couldn't take a move right. But there are entertaining things going on there that I enjoy.

Around the Network
bunchanumbers said:
Ouroboros24 said:

I didn't say he was going to change the entire system, I simply argue that he is a change in the machine.  With another politician, history tells us it's more of the same.  Hillary is up there right now because she played the best politician out of everyone one else.  And who knows if Trump can't get the support he needs to do what needs to be done?  I'm not saying he will.  I'm saying, there is a shot because we're not repeating history.   As for all the guys he's upset, so what.  Seems to me you're giving him little credit.  So now Hillary is going to be the great unify?  Again speculations.  We don't know.  I'm not giving out any certainties here.  I'm arguing that it's a change from what we've been doing.  That's all. 

Nuclear codes and executive orders.  Speculations.  You act like this guy killed someone before.  He's a rich kid from new york, but I don't think he's ever killed anyone.  And you know what, I think he could have if he wanted to, he's rich enough.  He has family here.  He's not the monster everyone paints him to be.  Bro, you're telling me he's going to get upset one day, head straight for the button and push?  He's not going to have advisors, generals, his vice president, his family, his friends, etc to guide him on not pushing?  Let's not fear monger this strictly on speculation. 

Ratings speak volumes, but they don't tell the whole story.  I'll give you that.  But when you're watching smackdown live and your champion is wrestling a nobody for the main event, albeit a comedic role for your former champion, that does not make it awesome.  Dean Ambrose is faltering.  He used to be hot(at least as hot as the product gets in modern), right now he's resting on his laurels.  No one else other than the Miz and Ziggler making any noise.  Fruit roll-ups as finishers?  No, not awesome.  mediocre.

He already said he would fire all the generals. He said that he is the only one who can save the country. He won't be relying on anyone. He already said he will appoint a special prosecutor to Clinton. He said he will sue the women he allegedly assaulted. He said he would get rid of womens right to choose. He has 3am twitter rants against anyone and everyone who disrespects him. Now give him the nukes. It won't be pretty. 

Miz and Ziggler are the best part of Smackdown. But I always thought Ambrose was overrated. And yes I'm not a fan of what they did with AJ Styles. He nearly killed that guy because he couldn't take a move right. But there are entertaining things going on there that I enjoy.

Where do you think the button for the nukes are?  By his bedside?  You're telling me that starting the nukes is a simple jaunt through the hallway and just like flushing the toilet it's off?  Many precautions, my friend.  What about his wife?  His kids?  His vice president?  I've said this last post, seems you're just going to forgoe all that arguement.  "Well, Donald is about to kill a few million people and start WW3.  Let's just go to bed and not do anything while he gingerly walks to the button and push."  I'm sure there has to be a few people there before he pushes the damn thing.  If he was that impulsive, he'd have don't more than just post on twitter.  He's not even known for being violent.

Again, he's not a monster.  All you've given me is speculations.  She's said a lot of stuff.  When he said he didn't grope those women, I laughed because I surely thought he did.  So, with all the stuff he's said, you're going to believe him?  Where he's the only one that can save the world, you believe that, too?  He's boastful, I'll give you that, but so is everyone else promising stuff when they're running office.  Again, my arguement is that he is a different candidate.  Not good, not bad, simply different.  After years of the same, a simple different act could be good or bad.  But, it's a change. And no, he's not pushing that button.  That button that apparently is so easy to activate.

I remember when all the segments of wwe were good.  Not just from the mid card, to the main event, but from comedic, to commentary.  When all cylinders are firing.  That's when it's awesome.  There's only one heel on smackdown and that's the miz.  AJ is not a traditional heel, he's just an overall performer.  When you can only name 2 segments and call that awesome from a show that last 2 hours, that does not equal awesome.  There's no story for the tag team, they're just floating around.  Woman's champion seen is okay, but those two aren't doing anything new either.  It's bleh.  There's no big stars.  AJ is being misused.  He walks around with nothing to do except get into terrible interviews.  Not that they're bad interviews, but they'res no meat.  Just a small interview with no real consequence.

Ouroboros24 said:
KungKras said:
If you want change there is only one thing you can do. Vote for people who aren't bought by moneyed interests.

I want a change, not David blaine to perform magic. 

I don't get what you're saying. Who's David Blaine?

I LOVE ICELAND!

The original post is a strong argument for why democracy just doesn't work in the US. The people voting are not sure what they want, so they just vote for the most unqualified and most bigoted demagogue because it's different.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Ouroboros24 said:
bunchanumbers said:

Where do you think the button for the nukes are?  By his bedside?  You're telling me that starting the nukes is a simple jaunt through the hallway and just like flushing the toilet it's off?  Many precautions, my friend.  What about his wife?  His kids?  His vice president?  I've said this last post, seems you're just going to forgoe all that arguement.  "Well, Donald is about to kill a few million people and start WW3.  Let's just go to bed and not do anything while he gingerly walks to the button and push."  I'm sure there has to be a few people there before he pushes the damn thing.  If he was that impulsive, he'd have don't more than just post on twitter.  He's not even known for being violent.

Again, he's not a monster.  All you've given me is speculations.  She's said a lot of stuff.  When he said he didn't grope those women, I laughed because I surely thought he did.  So, with all the stuff he's said, you're going to believe him?  Where he's the only one that can save the world, you believe that, too?  He's boastful, I'll give you that, but so is everyone else promising stuff when they're running office.  Again, my arguement is that he is a different candidate.  Not good, not bad, simply different.  After years of the same, a simple different act could be good or bad.  But, it's a change. And no, he's not pushing that button.  That button that apparently is so easy to activate.

I remember when all the segments of wwe were good.  Not just from the mid card, to the main event, but from comedic, to commentary.  When all cylinders are firing.  That's when it's awesome.  There's only one heel on smackdown and that's the miz.  AJ is not a traditional heel, he's just an overall performer.  When you can only name 2 segments and call that awesome from a show that last 2 hours, that does not equal awesome.  There's no story for the tag team, they're just floating around.  Woman's champion seen is okay, but those two aren't doing anything new either.  It's bleh.  There's no big stars.  AJ is being misused.  He walks around with nothing to do except get into terrible interviews.  Not that they're bad interviews, but they'res no meat.  Just a small interview with no real consequence.

Actually yes. It would be easy for him to fire them. He will literally have people walking with him everywhere he goes with the briefcase that makes it possible. Its been that way forever. All you gotta do is upset him and off he goes. He's already said 'If we got them why don't we use them?' He will have easy access. That won't be the hard part. The hard part will be stopping him from going off when he decides to do it.

You're not going to find many traditional heels anymore. Its just the way things are. WWE hires athletes and not real performers. I've said it before, but you can't just have larger than life personalities in wrestling anymore. The days of Macho Man and Ultimate Warrior are gone and not likely to come back. That is the only thing that is really missing from wrestling at large. But its missing from pretty much everywhere, so that isn't just WWE.

Around the Network
bunchanumbers said:

Actually yes. It would be easy for him to fire them. He will literally have people walking with him everywhere he goes with the briefcase that makes it possible. Its been that way forever. All you gotta do is upset him and off he goes. He's already said 'If we got them why don't we use them?' He will have easy access. That won't be the hard part. The hard part will be stopping him from going off when he decides to do it.

You're not going to find many traditional heels anymore. Its just the way things are. WWE hires athletes and not real performers. I've said it before, but you can't just have larger than life personalities in wrestling anymore. The days of Macho Man and Ultimate Warrior are gone and not likely to come back. That is the only thing that is really missing from wrestling at large. But its missing from pretty much everywhere, so that isn't just WWE.

If it's so easy for him to get fired up and going to the destructive route, he wouldn't be where he is.  I get it, there are so very impulsive people and Trump is one of them.  But, there is a difference between Trump impulsive and psychopath impulsive where a psychopath would stab a person for no reason other than they're mad.  Trump is impulsive, but not psychopathically impulsive.  He has enough wherewithall to hold back on hurting people.  With his words, he can shoot out the mouth and never stop, but physical harm has never been in his history.  Please site where he beat someone up.  Please show a time where he has physically hurt anyone.  Right now, him pushing the button is STRICTLY SPECULATIVE AT BEST.  People think he wants to hurt people, but in reality he just wants to make a deal.  Stop speculating on whether or not he'll push a button to kill and start ww3. 

You just made my case as to why smackdown is not so awesomeo.  Of course we're not going to find traditional heels anymore because WWE programming is not awesome.  You know who is Awesome?  The Miz.  Because he is a traditional heel.  WWE is not awesome because they strayed away from that.  Also, WWE has always hired athletes.  And, you have to have larger than life personalities.  Everyone wreslter knows it's just your personality placed up to 10 on the hype meter.  Again, you're just making excuses as to why wwe is boring.  Go to any Wrestling personality on youtube and tell me if anyone says that WWE raw or smackdown has been back to it's hey day in the attitude era.  If wrestling is still this grand old opera that it was in the past.  Because it's not, it's mediocre at best and at it's worst it's just plain boring.

Sanders might have changed something. Trump will just line his own pockets and fuck up the country even more. Hillary will be like third obama term with less likeable president.

Ouroboros24 said:
bunchanumbers said:

If it's so easy for him to get fired up and going to the destructive route, he wouldn't be where he is.  I get it, there are so very impulsive people and Trump is one of them.  But, there is a difference between Trump impulsive and psychopath impulsive where a psychopath would stab a person for no reason other than they're mad.  Trump is impulsive, but not psychopathically impulsive.  He has enough wherewithall to hold back on hurting people.  With his words, he can shoot out the mouth and never stop, but physical harm has never been in his history.  Please site where he beat someone up.  Please show a time where he has physically hurt anyone.  Right now, him pushing the button is STRICTLY SPECULATIVE AT BEST.  People think he wants to hurt people, but in reality he just wants to make a deal.  Stop speculating on whether or not he'll push a button to kill and start ww3. 

You just made my case as to why smackdown is not so awesomeo.  Of course we're not going to find traditional heels anymore because WWE programming is not awesome.  You know who is Awesome?  The Miz.  Because he is a traditional heel.  WWE is not awesome because they strayed away from that.  Also, WWE has always hired athletes.  And, you have to have larger than life personalities.  Everyone wreslter knows it's just your personality placed up to 10 on the hype meter.  Again, you're just making excuses as to why wwe is boring.  Go to any Wrestling personality on youtube and tell me if anyone says that WWE raw or smackdown has been back to it's hey day in the attitude era.  If wrestling is still this grand old opera that it was in the past.  Because it's not, it's mediocre at best and at it's worst it's just plain boring.

He's an egomaniac. Thanks to the assault allegations, we already know how he feels about women. Thanks to his being sued repeatedly for not renting to blacks, we know how he feels about blacks. Thanks to his speech about the wall, and his statement about the hispanic judge who is overseeing his Trump University lawsuit, we know how he feels about mexicans. Lets face it. He is a old school racist and sexist. If he was black he would be called a thug and a degenerate. He reminds me of the guy who is torturing animals as a kid. Usually those kids don't become well adjusted adults, and he has shown that over his last 70 years that he isn't a well adjusted adult. I get the feeling that sacrificing lives would mean nothing to him. He might even get off on the power for all I know.

As for Smackdown? We're going to have to agree to disagree. I have liked what I've seen, and its a well constructed show.

If you don't want to do the work to actually look into the candidates and their positions, don't vote. Democracy only works if the people are educated.

Hillary supporters read the propaganda the Washington Post vomits and then pretend they know more than everyone. Arrogancy is not knowledge.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.