By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - I'm ignorant about politics. But I know I want change.

Ouroboros24 said:
bunchanumbers said:
I don't see the issue. The one who is more acceptable is the better candidate. Real change isn't coming from Trump. Hell it isn't coming from any of these candidates. All Trump is, is a showman. Nothing more. He isn't a better candidate, he isn't even a better human being. Nothing in his past has ever shown that he would be a better leader, or a better politician than Clinton.

Is Clinton a candidate for change? Of course not. That candidate was Bernie. But she is a better leader and a actual politician that will work with other countries instead of a bully like Trump.

Okay, you're thinking to broadly about this.  When I say change, he already made the change, at least in my view, the same view that was in the OP.  The change was that he was not one of them.  Not completely, at least.  In Wrestling, you have to look for the small nuiances about wrestlers.  We have big ones, we have medium ones, and we have small ones.  In all categories there are many of each big, medium and small.  But in wrestling, when you see that big one or medium or small, that is different from the rest, you know there is a change.  A small change, but a change nonetheless.  The change I'm talking about is that Donald is different.  Is it a big difference, herhaps not, but there is enough there for someone like me to realize there is a difference and I'm sure you can list a few things that he IS that is different. 

As for Bernie, I don't see it.  At least not that big a difference.  Bernie had different ideas, but not too different from Hillary.  Yeah he wanted to legalize **, and of course other things I don't want to research for the sake of this reply.  But ultimately he is the same as Hillary in my eyes.  He has been there for 30+ years.  He is less notorious, but he acts just like everyone other politician.  He goes on stage to talk, he has the perfect record for a political career, he will abide by the Demos as he should.  He speaks like politician does and acts as a politician does.  

When ask of Trump to acknowledge the winner, his answer akined to, "I'll think about it."  Bernies was, "yeah, I concede.  Because that's the thing to do for a politician."  When trump was against other repubs, his was, "no, f these guys, I'm not coming to a debate that's all robotic, logical, and maneuvered."  We hear Marco autoreply himself just because he's still so green.  We hear Ted "bundy" cruz, after all the stupid shit trump said about his daddy and wife, because it was part of what Dems or Repubs would do because of tradition, and still he backs the bastard.  When real people would be like, "No, Calvin, fuck that, you said my wife was a whore.  We ain't buds anymore.  Fuck your presidential aspirations.  Bitch!"

But no.  It's all the same answers.  Same people.  Same mindset.  Same actions in course to what's expected of them.  When asked about his use of loop holes in his business woes, Trump's answer was in the likes of, "yeah, I got it for 2 for 1 deal.  It's cool, it was legal at the time".  In that capacity trump is different by a big margin.  And again, that does not mean he's a good candidate.  But, he is a change.

Boy, you sure  are clueless about Bernie he isn't a Democrat he is a independent he just run as a Democrat because third party and independent canditates have a zero percent chance of winning a presidential race anytime soon.

Around the Network
WagnerPaiva said:
Hillary supporters read the propaganda the Washington Post vomits and then pretend they know more than everyone. Arrogancy is not knowledge.

Well actually the Washington Post has endorsed plenty of republican canditates before you need to do better research on newspapers.

Ouroboros24 said:

Stuff

Even as a wrestling fan, I find it kind of disturbing that you're comparing the two... but ok let's roll with it.

Trump winning isn't like WWE putting over Daniel Bryan because fans were shitting on Batista.   Trump winning is when Russo put the belt on David Arquette.

It was different.  Just about as different as you could get.  A total outsider who had none of the traits you'd expect from a wrestler.  He certainly wasn't anything like Hogan or Nash or any of the other people who had been at the top of the card in WCW.  But he was still an absolutely awful champion.  He was completely unqualified, had none of the skills or training needed to wrestle, was woefully unprepared for the career, and the skills from his actual business didn't translate.  It was terrible all around.

You can change the channel for wrestling, but you're forced to live with the consequences of the election.  If I had no choice but to watch wrestling every day for the rest of my life, and I had to choose between Roman Reigns being a champion, or have John Lovitz wearing the strap, I'd definitely take Reigns.  He may wrestle in the boring WWE style, but at least he is reasonably qualified to be a wrestler. 

Frankly, "I want something different" is a pretty stupid reason to choose one option over the other.  If I'm a poor college student who is sick of eating Ramen every night, eating rat poison isn't the answer.  Different is not enough.

If you legitimately think that Donald Trump would be a better president, then vote for him.  But that's not what I'm seeing here.  What I'm seeing here is an incredibly juvenile point of view.  You are admittedly ignorant about politics, yet you've come to the conclusion that you want change.  I don't know much about this, but I know it should change... I can't understand how you think that could be a justified position.  To get back to the wrestling analogies, that's like putting someone with no knowledge of wrestling in charge of a wrestling company.  Which is what happened in TNA, and with Russo in WCW/TNA.  The people making the decisions were ignorant, and it fucked everybody over.  You're Dixie.  You can do your homework and learn something, or you can fuck us all over.

What policy positions of Donald Trump do you support?  What positive changes do you think he'll invoke?  What specific and realistic actions do you think he will take to improve the conditions in the country?  If you do not have solid answers to these questions, then please do your civic duty for your country and stay home on November 8th.

JWeinCom said:
Ouroboros24 said:

Stuff

Even as a wrestling fan, I find it kind of disturbing that you're comparing the two... but ok let's roll with it.

Trump winning isn't like WWE putting over Daniel Bryan because fans were shitting on Batista.   Trump winning is when Russo put the belt on David Arquette.

It was different.  Just about as different as you could get.  A total outsider who had none of the traits you'd expect from a wrestler.  He certainly wasn't anything like Hogan or Nash or any of the other people who had been at the top of the card in WCW.  But he was still an absolutely awful champion.  He was completely unqualified, had none of the skills or training needed to wrestle, was woefully unprepared for the career, and the skills from his actual business didn't translate.  It was terrible all around.

You can change the channel for wrestling, but you're forced to live with the consequences of the election.  If I had no choice but to watch wrestling every day for the rest of my life, and I had to choose between Roman Reigns being a champion, or have John Lovitz wearing the strap, I'd definitely take Reigns.  He may wrestle in the boring WWE style, but at least he is reasonably qualified to be a wrestler. 

Frankly, "I want something different" is a pretty stupid reason to choose one option over the other.  If I'm a poor college student who is sick of eating Ramen every night, eating rat poison isn't the answer.  Different is not enough.

If you legitimately think that Donald Trump would be a better president, then vote for him.  But that's not what I'm seeing here.  What I'm seeing here is an incredibly juvenile point of view.  You are admittedly ignorant about politics, yet you've come to the conclusion that you want change.  I don't know much about this, but I know it should change... I can't understand how you think that could be a justified position.  To get back to the wrestling analogies, that's like putting someone with no knowledge of wrestling in charge of a wrestling company.  Which is what happened in TNA, and with Russo in WCW/TNA.  The people making the decisions were ignorant, and it fucked everybody over.  You're Dixie.  You can do your homework and learn something, or you can fuck us all over.

What policy positions of Donald Trump do you support?  What positive changes do you think he'll invoke?  What specific and realistic actions do you think he will take to improve the conditions in the country?  If you do not have solid answers to these questions, then please do your civic duty for your country and stay home on November 8th.

I think you jut won the thread.

Hillary is not change she is the Status Quo

Trump however is not the agent of change but an agent of destruction.

Around the Network

Trump is not really change. He has been a part of the system for decades, and has perpetuated its corruption: why else would the Clintons come to his wedding? Trump and Clinton are both corrupt and would rather not have drastic change.

bunchanumbers said:
I don't see the issue. The one who is more acceptable is the better candidate. Real change isn't coming from Trump. Hell it isn't coming from any of these candidates. All Trump is, is a showman. Nothing more. He isn't a better candidate, he isn't even a better human being. Nothing in his past has ever shown that he would be a better leader, or a better politician than Clinton.

Is Clinton a candidate for change? Of course not. That candidate was Bernie. But she is a better leader and a actual politician that will work with other countries instead of a bully like Trump.

Bernie Sanders was not a candidate for change either. He was running for the presidency of the same party that the current president is. If that is change, then people's views on the political spectrum have really narrowed.

VGPolyglot said:
bunchanumbers said:

Bernie Sanders was not a candidate for change either. He was running for the presidency of the same party that the current president is. If that is change, then people's views on the political spectrum have really narrowed.

Indeed he was. Candidates from the same party (technically he is independent but ran on the Dem ticket) are allowed different views. Do you think all candidates think like Trump?

bunchanumbers said:
VGPolyglot said:

Indeed he was. Candidates from the same party (technically he is independent but ran on the Dem ticket) are allowed different views. Do you think all candidates think like Trump?

They think the same in the manner that they only care about furthering the interests of the elite? Yes. Hillary supports spying on people and is a warmonger. Bernie Sanders also wants Snowden to get punished so he obviously doesn't support whistleblowers, and he also admitted that he would not substantially change the U.S. foreign policy, so they would probably continue to have troops in multiple countries and get into conflicts. Trump doesn't even try to hide his disgusting views.

KungKras said:
If you want change there is only one thing you can do. Vote for people who aren't bought by moneyed interests.

You might as well pop your ballot card in the toaster and eat the charred remains which come out if you would do this.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive