By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How do you have time to play games?

How many games per year have you 'properly' played in the recent years?

What does 'play' mean? (i.e. 0) 5 3.91%

1 2 1.56%

2-5 32 25.00%

5-10 38 29.69%

10-20 28 21.88%

30-50 6 4.69%

50-100 7 5.47%

I'm lying (100+). 3 2.34%

See answers. 7 5.47%

Total:128

I have time but I'm more a casual than hardcore gamer so I finish only around 40 games a year and most of that are replays that are cakewalks and take less time.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Around the Network

Well, it takes me a couple of months to finish a game. But your problem is that you're studying. You have more time when you're working.

It's kind of hard for me to answer this because majority of my gaming time goes to MMO's. I would probably say that this year I've played maybe 15 games? I don't usually single player games on my console much since i'm an MMORPG addict .

PSn - greencactaur
Nintendo Switch FC - SW - 5152 - 6393 - 5140 Please feel free to add me :)

The upside of serious social-anxiety

Ka-pi96 said:
RenCutypoison said:
I don't. On the last 10 games I bought, I probably played less than 10 hours (3 hours on Trails of Cold Steel 2, 2 hours on Dragon Quest Builders, 2 hours on World of Final Fantasy demo and les sthan an hour or not at all on all the other games)

So you spend more time on a free demo than on games you paid for?

I'm just really excited for SE's q4 2016 and q1 2017 games

Around the Network

I started almost 200 games since I got my Xbox One in August 2015. Since then I properly played 108 of them (as in more than 3 hours) and completed 84 games.

I work 39 hours a week and have a gf. Usually I have around 3 hours per day where I can play games and obviously much more than 3 hours on weekends.

Well, I actually don't have time at all to play games. Working around 10 hours a day and when I'm done, I go pick up my son from kindergarten. He keeps me busy until around 10 pm. It depends on my mood if I play some games then for 1-2 hours, but very often I just go to sleep. At the moment I'm playing Mafia 3. Bought that sucker on release day and I'm not even halfway through! =D

My lack of time doesn't keep me from buying games like there's no tomorrow, tough! Pre-ordered the PS4 Pro even though I most likely will end up not even using it before next year.

Life's a bitch, I guess. But in all honesty I can't complain. It's only natural that gaming takes up less and less of your life when you get older and stuff.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

BraLoD said:
Having no social life helps a lot.

I agree with this!

Even when I was working 150% last year, I still had plenty of time for gaming. I'm lucky though since my schedule allows for occassional 4-5-6 day gaps in my work days since I work such long hours usually and I can also change shifts with others easily.

d21lewis said:
Nogamez said:

That sounds decent. Day on day off type thing?

One month of night shift. Then, one month of days. It's a little convoluted but....

Week 1: (off Sun)Work Mon, Tues, and Wed, (off Thurs and Fri) Work Sat

Week 2: Work Sun (off Mon, Tues, Weds) Work Thurs and Fri, Sat,

Week 3: Work Sun, (off Mon, Tues, and Weds) work Thurs and Fri, (off Sat)

Week 4: (off Sunday), work Mon, Tues, Weds, (off Thurs, Fri, and Sat)

And the cycle begins again except if I'm working days  (6am-6pm), after my four days off in a row, I switch to nights  (6pm-6am)and vice versa.

Simple!

Ah I have worked something very similar 7 days of 10hour days followed by seven 14hour nightshifts followed by 7 days off rinse and repeat. got pretty tiring during the 14 hour nightshifts though

Well, usually during the week at night, 2 to 4 hours. During weekends I don't usually play frequently. But I have to admit that what's limiting the amount of games I buy right now is my free time instead of money. I don't like to buy games that I won't really play. It already happened, but at least 80% of my games were finished and most of the others at least got a decent play time.

The only games that I find acceptable to not get a lot of playtime are PS+ freebies, since I didn't paid or actually chose them. The ones I do like get a bunch of playtime.

I would say that online MP games also keep me from finishing more games. I've put considerable time in Uncharted 4, Battlefront and TLOU in the last few years. I'm getting on Metal Gear Online now and it's pretty great.