By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How do you have time to play games?

How many games per year have you 'properly' played in the recent years?

What does 'play' mean? (i.e. 0) 5 3.91%

1 2 1.56%

2-5 32 25.00%

5-10 38 29.69%

10-20 28 21.88%

30-50 6 4.69%

50-100 7 5.47%

I'm lying (100+). 3 2.34%

See answers. 7 5.47%

Total:128

This year I've probably finished the most games I have ever done in a year; 8, though some were small indies that didn't take too long. I usually play 1-2 new games in a year, but having recently flunked out of uni earlier this year I have more time now :(

Around the Network

Play at night until 3am, caffeine to get through the day.

I organize my day, because like you I rarely have time to game. I try to wake up early, study for 8-9 hours, go to the gym, then game for a couple hours at night. On weekends I'll usually have more time to game or socialize because I don't go to the gym then, so that saves me ~2 hours.

I barely have time either. Whenever I do something new I have to neglect something else. When I play Rocket League I neglect my animes. When I watch animes I neglect my games. When I play anything else I neglect Rocket League and anime. Actually most of my gaming sessions are just an excuse to get rid of my overly long youtube queue.

The only thing that helps is vacation to catch up on all three.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I don't really have time. I still buy games now and again but yeah don't really have time to play them

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
I work 12 hour days about 15 days a month. The other 15 days?

Score!

That sounds decent. Day on day off type thing?

During spare time

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Nogamez said:
d21lewis said:
I work 12 hour days about 15 days a month. The other 15 days?

Score!

That sounds decent. Day on day off type thing?

One month of night shift. Then, one month of days. It's a little convoluted but....

Week 1: (off Sun)Work Mon, Tues, and Wed, (off Thurs and Fri) Work Sat

Week 2: Work Sun (off Mon, Tues, Weds) Work Thurs and Fri, Sat,

Week 3: Work Sun, (off Mon, Tues, and Weds) work Thurs and Fri, (off Sat)

Week 4: (off Sunday), work Mon, Tues, Weds, (off Thurs, Fri, and Sat)

And the cycle begins again except if I'm working days  (6am-6pm), after my four days off in a row, I switch to nights  (6pm-6am)and vice versa.

Simple!

I work a standard week, so my time to play games is whenever I'm not busy at home. In my case, due to how busy my friends are (I'm not in a relationship), this is a lot of time. I don't watch much TV, so I get home, I turn on the console or PC and play. More hours than I should really.

I only however get like 3 - 5 games a year, minus PS+ games. I really only get games I really like the looks of.

Hmm, pie.

I don't. On the last 10 games I bought, I probably played less than 10 hours (3 hours on Trails of Cold Steel 2, 2 hours on Dragon Quest Builders, 2 hours on World of Final Fantasy demo and les sthan an hour or not at all on all the other games)