By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How do you have time to play games?

How many games per year have you 'properly' played in the recent years?

What does 'play' mean? (i.e. 0) 5 3.91%

1 2 1.56%

2-5 32 25.00%

5-10 38 29.69%

10-20 28 21.88%

30-50 6 4.69%

50-100 7 5.47%

I'm lying (100+). 3 2.34%

See answers. 7 5.47%

Total:128

As the title says: how? I'm personally out of time to play games most of the time because of my studies, and it's really hard to ever complete games. For the last few years, I think I've been completing at most a few games per year and playing a few others. How many games per year can you 'properly' play and what's your life situation (regarding time available to gaming)?

For the purposes of the poll, 'properly' pretty much means either completing a game or using a 'considerable' amount of time on it ('considerable' being up to you to define for the poll).

Around the Network
Zkuq said:

I'm personally out of time to play games most of the time because of my studies

found the problem for you, answer? stop studying

I don't think I complete games very often either. I usually play an hour in the morn, and again before bed. It's enough for me, I suppose, but it's this limit that's why my backlog is just getting bigger... >_

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

I know how you feel. My studies don't allow me much time to play. Whenever I get some downtime I play Mario Kart 8 for about a half hour or so and then it's back to reality. But when university is out on Winter Break, games shall be played. Hell, Skyrim is still on my backlog. A 5 year old game. Now I'll have to buy the remastered version for PS4 and forget the PS3 version.

I've probably completed about 4 games a year since 2014. A good deal of them were old SNES games or Gameboy games. They're just simpler for me to play. I did get to play through Uncharted 4 so that was a huge highlight for me. I'm just all over the place but I've only got a year and a half left.

I'm a lazy fuck. Once I enter university, I dont know if I'll play so much.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Around the Network
OnyxPrime said:
Zkuq said:

I'm personally out of time to play games most of the time because of my studies

found the problem for you, answer? stop studying

B-but how am I supposed to get into the gaming industry then? ;_; OK, I guess I'll just have to stop studying then.

i dont play anymore. just buy games

I work 7am-7pm then i get home and work on my website and chat on here.

then by the time I am done it is 2am then i sleep.

Ljink96 said:
I know how you feel. My studies don't allow me much time to play. Whenever I get some downtime I play Mario Kart 8 for about a half hour or so and then it's back to reality. But when university is out on Winter Break, games shall be played. Hell, Skyrim is still on my backlog. A 5 year old game. Now I'll have to buy the remastered version for PS4 and forget the PS3 version.

I've probably completed about 4 games a year since 2014. A good deal of them were old SNES games or Gameboy games. They're just simpler for me to play. I did get to play through Uncharted 4 so that was a huge highlight for me. I'm just all over the place but I've only got a year and a half left.

Hey, I'm still in the middle of playing Red Dead Redemption! I think I'm pretty far though because I even thought for a while that I completed the game, but apparently not. I just haven't had time to touch it since because autumn and studies came, and I kind of got into other games a bit at the same time...

Having plenty of spare time.

Since time according to physics is an illusion and in reality the Past Present and Future happens all at once and not separate as human perspective believes it to be and I am Segata Sanshiro and can bend time to my will it's rather easy. Well over 100 games last few years. Prob close to 350 in the last 5.