By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - How well did your nation perform at the olympics?

I don't think Finland had any official expectations, but the unofficial expectations were, I think, to perform at least as well as in London, so about 5-7 medals I think? Didn't go quite as people here wanted, as we got one bronze medal and that's it.

Personally I don't really care too much about most sports events, but I suppose it would have been nice to perform better. As a small nation, we shouldn't even expect very much though. I think this was a good wake-up call for us: There's a ton of competition out there, and performing well is only going to get harder.

Around the Network

Denmark did extremely well. 15 medals, second best of olympics ever, 6 more than in London and 5 more than expected. Only 2 of gold though.

The European country with the most medals per citizen.

22 total medals for Canada. I expected them to do much better. USA dominated with over 100 total medals. Hopefully Canada will do much better in the winter Olympics in 2018

Latvia did well considering how small it is: two 4th places, one 5th place and some other in top 10. But it is the first summer olympics without medals, so journalists are buttmad and seeking who is at fault and what went wrong, like the idiots they are.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

AZWification said:

Weakest perfomance since WW2, absolute utter SHIT. I'm talking about Romania here.

Your southern neighbour is not much different, only 1 bronze more than last time.

Around the Network
fory77 said:
AZWification said:

Weakest perfomance since WW2, absolute utter SHIT. I'm talking about Romania here.

Your southern neighbour is not much different, only 1 bronze more than last time.

I was looking the other day at medal tables from past Olympics Games and it's amazing how both Romania and Bulgaria would constantly show up in the top 10 during the communist times.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

United Staes, were predicted to get 108 medals and wound up with 121. So pretty good, Nobody was near our team in terms of total medals or even Gold medals. So I would say our team pretty much dominated.

melbye said:
Awful, 4 bronze. Norway just isn't a summer-sports nation. Just think during the winter Olympics we got 11 gold, 5 silver and 10 bronze

It's not just that we aren't a summer sports nation, this years Olympic Games were terrible for us either way. Just 12 years ago we got 5 golds. This year was the worst olympics for us in terms of medals since 1964. I was hoping that our female handball team could get a gold for us at least :-/

America. We did pretty good I guess. Got 46 gold medals, was aiming for 50 x.x

I don't know if they had a goal in mind, dude in charge of Conade (main organization dedicated to sports in Mexico) said they are a "travel agency", they don't really care about the athletes nor their performance.