By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - How well did your nation perform at the olympics?

US here, so there were lots of medals. To be honest, though, I tend to cheer for individual athletes and teams over the nations (maybe I'm just spoiled that way, heh). I'm a sucker for underdog stories, so seeing things like the Sweden women's team take silver in soccer and the Serbian women's basketball team take bronze were really enjoyable, especially in the way they reacted with pure joy. I also like to cheer for my ancestral nations, so I cheer for Norway, Finland, and Great Britain athletes as well. 

That being said, I'm a big fan of Phelps, Ledecky and Kim Harrison. 

Around the Network

Puerto Rico won it's first gold medal ever! So even though, that was the only medal we got, everybody is really happy about it. Monica Puig made us proud :)

Shadow8 said:
Puerto Rico won it's first gold medal ever! So even though, that was the only medal we got, everybody is really happy about it. Monica Puig made us proud :)

I watched that! I was actually glad Serena didn't take it, she wins all the time, spread the love around a bit, ha. I love to see countries pick up their first medals, it seems to mean so much more to them. I think sports are at their best when that pure joy is involved :)

Shadow8 said:

Congrats. Didnt expect that one in female tennis

As for (my country) Venezuela, I guess decent? 3 in total, 2 bronze, 1 silver. I talked with my friend about it on Saturday, he said we were close to a few golds but ended up losing when it mattered the most. On London I think we got only 1 medal (our only gold too, I believe), so I guess we did good.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

AZWification said:
fory77 said:

Your southern neighbour is not much different, only 1 bronze more than last time.

I was looking the other day at medal tables from past Olympics Games and it's amazing how both Romania and Bulgaria would constantly show up in the top 10 during the communist times.

Yeah, would be nice if it were still so, except for the whole communism thing.

Around the Network
Shadow8 said:

this

I'd say France did pretty well, though I believe a bit worse than the last Olympics, and Poland I think did quite well! And they got more medals than the last Olympics too so it's an improvement!

NNID: b00moscone

Switch ID: SW-5475-6755-1986

3DS friend-Code: 4613-6380-5406

PSN: b00mosconi

0 medals and below expectations In every sport except for the women's 100 m race. - Malta

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Canada got 20 metals, so I'm happy. I was also cheering for Hungary as well, and I'm happy to say the little country ended in 12th. Overall happy with the performance, and surprised it wasn't a total disaster ;).

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

USA! USA! USA! 121 Medals boiiiiiiiii! 46 Gold, 37 Silver, 38 Bronze