By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Next HD remakes for Nintendo?

Why can't we please just stop remaking games? I am so tired of playing the same games over and over again. I want new Nintendo games. I want new stories. I just don't understand why we keep wanting to play the same shit over and over again.

Around the Network

Xenoblade Chronicles would be awesome. I'd also like to see Nintendo make a HD version of the Xenosaga Trilogy or The Last Story would be good too.

AlfredoTurkey said:
Why can't we please just stop remaking games? I am so tired of playing the same games over and over again. I want new Nintendo games. I want new stories. I just don't understand why we keep wanting to play the same shit over and over again.

Unfortunately some games haven't aged well. It's obvious Super Mario 64 and other games need to be updated

Also, remakes are typically games which are considered legendary. it helps people who've never played the game get a chance to play it. It's also a great way to release a game that is enjoyed by most people, which ensures a good amount of copies sold.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Remakes for Mario RPG and Paper Mario TTYD would be absolutely amazing. Just imagine Mario RPG with 3D World graphics or maybe even better!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Super Mario Sunshine HD
Skyward Sword HD (Leave the motion controls intact, thank you very much, they're the best part of the game!)
Super Mario Galaxy HD
Metroid Prime HD
Luigi's Mansion HD
... that's about it.

Around the Network

Nintendo only does easy-to-do remakes that doesn't take long to make. Meaning the systems needs to be close in graphical capabilities.

GBA got Snes ports
DS and 3DS got N64 ports
Wii and WiiU got GC ports

So you can forget about any N64 games on NX, it will be GC, Wii or WiiU. They'll just give it an upgrade in resolution and textures, some new effects, and boom, 50 bucks

Thousand Year Door HD is probably happening soon. The producer said they'd make it if the fans demanded, after all.

Mario Sunshine would be the most obvious choice.

Mario Sunshine? *Pukes*

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

They should do a Super Metroid remake with Tropical Freeze engine or an improved version of that, seriously, with the right artstyle that could look amazing and is a game that definitely deserves a remake.