By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Suicide Squad critically off to a bad start: 26%RT & 41%Metacritic(Updated)

crissindahouse said:
Lawlight said:
There's probably some bias in there. Critics didn't like BvS but the majority of viewers did.

If it wouldn't be a big amount of DC fans giving it a 10 on IMDB just to counter the reviews (this happened a lot to this movie, I just have to look at how few 9s it got compared to lower scores and then so many 10s)  the movie would be at a 6.6 or something. Even now it is at 6.9 already and it will sink a little bit more (and end with a score similar to movis like The Wolverine or X-Men: The Last Stand which didn't even get pushed scores by fanboys). That is not really showing a sign of quality to end in that region as superhero movie. 

The top 1000 voters on IMDB gave it a 5.9. 

Not sure why this is considered as something good but I can't find many super hero movies with a lower user score (except those which are total trash) 

There is that big group of DC fans who will give Suicide Squad a 10 (already happened over 6000 times and will happen much more) just like they gave BvS a 10 because they feel as if they have to counter the scores of reviewers (+some thousand who really believe it's a 10).

Well, not sure about Suicide Sqaud, haven't see it yet so maybe it is a good movie and I really believe I will like it more than BvS

Can't trust the Top 1000 - they probably agree with critics. But I was talking about RT - it shows that the majority of voters liked it. In any case, critics are not to be trusted - they like all the MCU movies and Indiana Jones 4.

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
crissindahouse said:

If it wouldn't be a big amount of DC fans giving it a 10 on IMDB just to counter the reviews (this happened a lot to this movie, I just have to look at how few 9s it got compared to lower scores and then so many 10s)  the movie would be at a 6.6 or something. Even now it is at 6.9 already and it will sink a little bit more (and end with a score similar to movis like The Wolverine or X-Men: The Last Stand which didn't even get pushed scores by fanboys). That is not really showing a sign of quality to end in that region as superhero movie. 

Not sure why this is considered as something good but I can't find many super hero movies with a lower user score (except those which are total trash) 

There is that big group of DC fans who will give Suicide Squad a 10 (already happened over 6000 times and will happen much more) just like they gave BvS a 10 because they feel as if they have to counter the scores of reviewers (+some thousand who really believe it's a 10).

Well, not sure about Suicide Sqaud, haven't see it yet so maybe it is a good movie and I really believe I will like it more than BvS

Can't trust the Top 1000 - they probably agree with critics. But I was talking about RT - it shows that the majority of voters liked it. In any case, critics are not to be trusted - they like all the MCU movies and Indiana Jones 4.

Since you do this, wouldn't majority of the users like the MCU, so we shouldn't trust them either?

Lawlight said:
crissindahouse said:

Sure like always, critics can't be trusted because you need to compare it with the MCU universe which does get better reviews (at least better as BvS and Suicide Squad) which you can't accept. 

Let's trust RT user scores for BvS and Suicide Squad. Hey, the site is owned by WB, many DC fans are likely there to vote positive for DC movies and looking at the petition right now with already 11k people who signed it,  it seems as if ten thousands of DC fanboys (only those would sign it) know very well about RT and are very likely to vote there as well to inflate the score. 

No sry, considering this and the situation on IMDB and BvS still only has a 6.9 on IMDB and a "65% liked it" on RT speaks volumes. BvS is considered as one of the worse super hero movies by critics and audience. 

I rather trust what you here from people in real life. If those who sat around me in the cinema, friends, colleagues and so on are more disappointed as happy about the movie then I believe this is a more realistic situation as what the usercore on RT says (which is not even that good) 

that doesn't mean that nobody can find it good. There are obvioulsy still many who liked it. I also liked some movies which are considered as not that good. 

Yeh this isnt going to end well.

Man of Steel was the last good thing they've released. Why couldn't they just continue to build from Man of Steel instead of making all these mess one after another.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network

JRPGfan said:

The trailer for Suicide Squad looked amasing. Im just not sure I trust reviewers that much anymore.

There's only one reviewer I trust:  Richard Crouse (http://www.richardcrouse.ca/).  He understands and truly appreciates the art of filmmaking, but he's not at all afraid to enjoy a big dumb fun movie if it's done well.  He loved Pacific Rim, for example, which was (IMO unfairly) panned by many critics.  I have yet to substantially disagree with Richard Crouse on a film, after seeing hundreds of his reviews (many times after seeing the film and forming an opinion without the knowledge of what his thoughts on it were).

Trailers don't mean shit, and quite honestly what was so great about the SS trailers? Margot Robbie has a nice body, ok, and what else? A Queen song that's been sampled 100393939 times before.

The reports that they had to have reshoots just a couple of months before release to "add" more humor into the film was a pretty giant red flag that the movie wasn't working on multiple levels. 

I like the concept and source material it is adapting. My only concern was the timing of this film before the DC world was firmly established. Know some folks I trust going to see it opening weekend, I'll get their views on it before deciding to see it myself.

JRPGfan said:
setsunatenshi said:
what? the same reviewers that somehow found the new ghost busters funny and scary?

yeah, I think I'm good to watch this one thank you :)

^ this.

Hard to trust Reviewers when most are too scared to give a honest review of Ghostbuster, out of fear of being labelled as sexist or such.

The trailer for Suicide Squad looked amasing. Im just not sure I trust reviewers that much anymore.

https://www.change.org/p/rottentomatoes-com-shutdown-rotten-tomatoes

There you go...

Haven't seen it yet but I'll leave a review from a friend

"It's great. Those critics rating it low doesn't know what they were talking about. The group has a great dynamic, the plot is simple and straightforward, any twists were explained really well, and all the actors were perfect for their role.

This movie is made for the audience in mind, not the critics, not the fans. I came in expecting nothing, I came out of the theater with more than something.

9.5/10 - It's almost perfect, but the bleak colors kinda ruin it because it hurts my eyes sometimes, but it's just a personal thing with my eyes."