By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Suicide Squad critically off to a bad start: 26%RT & 41%Metacritic(Updated)

Lawlight said:
Soundwave said:

Meh, Will Smith is charismatic enough. 

People who think actors really make or break a movie don't really understand the process of it though ... everything rests with the script. If the script isn't good it doesn't matter who is directing it or which actors you've got. 

Bad performances do break a movie though and Will Smith is only capable of that these days. But to your point, Will Smith being in the movie means that he will cause changes to the script. After all, he has to be a good guy and has to always be on top of things.

Honestly, this movie needs to flop big time. The fact that Batman and Joker are barely in this movie is messed up. And just look at the terrible dialogue and jokes in the trailer.

I'm a DC fanboy. I admit that. 

With that said, this is a Suicide Squad movie. It's in the same universe as Batman and Joker but it's not their movie. It's like complaining that there isn't enough Spider-man in Civil War. Yeah, he interacts with other heroes but he's not the focus! 

Now go to www.m4ufree.info , watch Batman: Assault on Arkham, and let's get hyped for this muthafuckin muthafuck!

I think the issue with critics is: if they are hyped and they're disappointed, it's "The worst thing, ever." If they're not excited and are pleasantly surprised, it's "Amazing!" I'm gonna see the film tomorrow with reasonable expectations but I hope it's good despite poor critical reception.

Natural Born Killers

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
Lawlight said:

Bad performances do break a movie though and Will Smith is only capable of that these days. But to your point, Will Smith being in the movie means that he will cause changes to the script. After all, he has to be a good guy and has to always be on top of things.

Honestly, this movie needs to flop big time. The fact that Batman and Joker are barely in this movie is messed up. And just look at the terrible dialogue and jokes in the trailer.

I'm a DC fanboy. I admit that. 

With that said, this is a Suicide Squad movie. It's in the same universe as Batman and Joker but it's not their movie. It's like complaining that there isn't enough Spider-man in Civil War. Yeah, he interacts with other heroes but he's not the focus! 

Now go to www.m4ufree.info , watch Batman: Assault on Arkham, and let's get hyped for this muthafuckin muthafuck!

I think the issue with critics is: if they are hyped and they're disappointed, it's "The worst thing, ever." If they're not excited and are pleasantly surprised, it's "Amazing!" I'm gonna see the film tomorrow with reasonable expectations but I hope it's good despite poor critical reception.

Natural Born Killers

Assault on Arkham is amazing. And it has Batman in a very prominent role. And apparently in Suicide Squad, Harley is crazier than The Joker.

Lawlight said:

Assault on Arkham is amazing. And it has Batman in a very prominent role. And apparently in Suicide Squad, Harley is crazier than The Joker.

It doesn't help that the studio kept messing with whatever direction they wanted. That is another issue with both MARVEL and DC, worse FOX's Marvel and Sony's marvel (You know what Sony in general when it comes to this, namely Ghostbusters and Spiderman); The executives keep interfering with anything going on, because they think they know best, and it basically becomes a power struggle between director trying to accomplish something and  studio heads thinking they need to do this and that. 

Down to 29% on RT.

I can't wait for the "ultimate edition" on blu-ray

Seriously though, I wonder how much worse they made the movie after the unfathomable BvS critical reception.

LurkerJ said:
Down to 29% on RT.

I can't wait for the "ultimate edition" on blu-ray

Seriously though, I wonder how much worse they made the movie after the unfathomable BvS critical reception.

Seriously!?!?!

OMG, the average rating (4.8) is somehow lower than BvS (4.9)!

The tinfoil hatters are not going to be happy about this.

Around the Network

Can't wait to see how this does in about a months time. If this doesn't do well, it will seriously make the suits at WB think real hard about what to do next.

lol. This will probably still have a good opening weekend but will drop like a rock after that. 

Soundwave said:

lol. This will probably still have a good opening weekend but will drop like a rock after that. 

You liked Ghostbusters, right?

Fei-Hung said:
Can't wait to see how this does in about a months time. If this doesn't do well, it will seriously make the suits at WB think real hard about what to do next.

They already did - they changed the tone of the JL movies, which I think is a mistake. They are going for quips instead of witty humour like in TDK.

Lawlight said:
Fei-Hung said:

They already did - they changed the tone of the JL movies, which I think is a mistake. They are going for quips instead of witty humour like in TDK.

They should've sticked to the sort of humor Perry White brought to BvS, it was not so in-your-face and it was not cheap one-liners.

I seriously don't understand the new direction they are taking, it's not like it's being welcomed by the critics as evident by SS reception. Stick to your vision. BvS didn't flop or performed remotely bad. It needed less shoehorning, not more humor.