By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Suicide Squad critically off to a bad start: 26%RT & 41%Metacritic(Updated)

Down to 33% on RT now. 23% from Top Critics. Ouch.

Around the Network

JRPGfan said:
what? but the trailers looked so good..

Indeed they did, but I suspect that the movie may not have pushed that hard according to some of what the critics say.

Lube Me Up

Acevil said:
Lawlight said:

Can't trust the Top 1000 - they probably agree with critics. But I was talking about RT - it shows that the majority of voters liked it. In any case, critics are not to be trusted - they like all the MCU movies and Indiana Jones 4.

Since you do this, wouldn't majority of the users like the MCU, so we shouldn't trust them either?

I don't "do this" as I know what movies I'm going to like and want to see. And there are some franchises that people have incredible bias towards - the MCU and Star Wars being the prominent ones. I mean those movies are general terrible I find. Civil War was so bad.

Looks terrible indeed, and, like Ghostbusters, I smell a little bit of a agenda in there, like, evil is not that evil, a bad reputation does not mean that much... Probably my impression, but it seems like something that would benefit a certain person that stands in the american political arena...

also, Will Smith... yeks

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network

Will Smith being in the movie should have been a red flag from the beginning.

Lawlight said:

Meh, Will Smith is charismatic enough. 

People who think actors really make or break a movie don't really understand the process of it though ... everything rests with the script. If the script isn't good it doesn't matter who is directing it or which actors you've got. 

Soundwave said:
Lawlight said:

Meh, Will Smith is charismatic enough. 

People who think actors really make or break a movie don't really understand the process of it though ... everything rests with the script. If the script isn't good it doesn't matter who is directing it or which actors you've got. 

Bad performances do break a movie though and Will Smith is only capable of that these days. But to your point, Will Smith being in the movie means that he will cause changes to the script. After all, he has to be a good guy and has to always be on top of things.

Honestly, this movie needs to flop big time. The fact that Batman and Joker are barely in this movie is messed up. And just look at the terrible dialogue and jokes in the trailer.

Several reviews didn't address the film making but instead focused on the presence of guns, sexism and macho attitudes. Those reviewers weren't going to like it no matter how well made or terrible the actual film itself is. I'm not saying they shouldn't address those things if those are personal concerns, but some info about the movie other than personal biases would be helpful. Take the reviews with a grain of salt. Just like the Ghostbusters boost because "yeah girl power".

Hynad said:

Mother of God.

I'm excited, again.