By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo64 turns 20 today

Darwinianevolution said:
What will happen when the N64 turns 64 years old?

Our AI overlords will be kind and give their human slaves a day off dedicated to playing video games.

Around the Network

I remember being in school when Ocarina of Time released. Out of 15 boys in my class 13 had that game, me included, so it was the number one chat topic. Everyone discussed how to solve that or how to get there or how to do this for weeks.

Best Nintendo console ever and my 3rd favorite console of all time, it also had my favorite controller of all time. Fantastic machine that brought me a lot of joy and some epic games!

I had so much fun with the N64... I spent so much of my teen years playing it. What an era that was!

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.

My first console, and my introduction to gaming. Wouldn't be the same guy without it. Happy Birthday.

bet: lost

Around the Network

Worst Nintendo home console of all time.

God awful. Very few good games, awful controller, ugliest generation for sure.

Still, Happy birthday! There are worse consoles out there..

It was a very good system. I think my favorite game for it may have been F-Zero X. It was far from perfect, and in terms of power, and technical abilities, it absolutely did not deliver on the promises Nintendo made in the buildup to it's launch. It almost literally created the term "target render". Lots of game droughts, iffy 3rd party support, expensive software....But it was still really good, with some stellar software, a nice, innovative controller, and a good life span. I bought it at launch, and it provided me with years of enjoyment, until I essentially retired it when the Dreamcast came out. Still have never played LOZ: Majora's Mask.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Mbolibombo said:

Veknoid_Outcast said:
Mbolibombo said:

Well everyone was wrongfully praising it, had to say the truth hah ;) Luckily, some like it though..

Even though I have an N64, I have unfortunately not played many games from it. I hope to rectify that soon.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima