By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo64 turns 20 today

KungKras said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

Rage Wars! So much fun. I miss those N64 Turok games.

Rage Wars is such a good game. I think it's the best multiplayer FPS on the N64. Better than Goldeneye by far, and narrowly edging out Perfect Dark, IMO :)

I have to give it to GoldenEye or Perfect Dark, but I LOVE Rage Wars. That was always in rotation when my friends got together.

I really liked the level design, the bots, secondary fire modes, and the ability to choose your weapons before the match.

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
Mbolibombo said:

Since I dont even think those games are the strongest in their respective franchise, I have no problems naming better games than them. I do give them cred for bringing the 3D revolution to life though. (Altp, Mario Galaxy 2, FFIV, Metal Gear II are the ones I consider stronger games)

I cant say that other revolutionary games true, but I can without a doubt say several other generations had more quality games. Surely we arent going anywhere with this conversation but back and forth though since you obviously are a huge fan and I am not =) But still, fun having the discussion hehe

You dont think they are strongest games in series, but they are widely considered for one the best games in history not just in series.

I name you games that are widely considered for one of the best ever and wildy affected industry of gamein and they are all from one generation, name me games that are widely considered being better games and had better effect on industry that are part of same generation than games that I mentioned.

I understand you don't like that gen and those games, but I here talking about facts.

Widely in your generation for sure, there are just as many who think the games I mentioned (Galaxy, Alttp, FFIV, SSnake2) Who also happens to be among the best games of all times are better games than your favorites. Also fact. And where did I say I didnt like those games? They are fantastic games. Revolutionary games. Just not the best games in their respective franchises.

Still you ignore my other opinon, which has been my go-to opinion the whole discussion. Depth. The 5th generation has a high as hell peak, probably the best top 10 of all generations but in terms of depth I dont see it topping a few other generations.

Mbolibombo said:
Miyamotoo said:

You dont think they are strongest games in series, but they are widely considered for one the best games in history not just in series.

I name you games that are widely considered for one of the best ever and wildy affected industry of gamein and they are all from one generation, name me games that are widely considered being better games and had better effect on industry that are part of same generation than games that I mentioned.

I understand you don't like that gen and those games, but I here talking about facts.

Widely in your generation for sure, there are just as many who think the games I mentioned (Galaxy, Alttp, FFIV, SSnake2) Who also happens to be among the best games of all times are better games than your favorites. Also fact. And where did I say I didnt like those games? They are fantastic games. Revolutionary games. Just not the best games in their respective franchises.

Still you ignore my other opinon, which has been my go-to opinion the whole discussion. Depth. The 5th generation has a high as hell peak, probably the best top 10 of all generations but in terms of depth I dont see it topping a few other generations.

Not exactly, because actually Zelda Ocarina of Time is widely considered for best game ever. And if we look list of game that are considered for best ever, all game that I mentioned are better than game that you mentioned.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_games_considered_the_best

I totally agree with your second paragraph, thats my point and thats a reason I consider 5. gen for golden age of gaming, but you are probably right when you say that some other gens (for instance 6. gen) maybe have bigger depth with higher number of games than 5. gen.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
V-r0cK said:
Biggest N64 memory....

....THQ wrestling games! The WCW vs nWo games were so much fun but when they got licenced to WWF I was blown away! Awesome game to play with a group of friends and the customization and rosters were great.

Yes! World Tour and Revenge are sooo good. Probably the best wrestling games I've played.

Oh how could I forget all the hours spent playing 4 man matches in No Mercy and Wrestlemania 2000.  My friends and I were all WWE > WCW so we loved those much more than the WCW iterations.  Though of course we only ever played as our own created characters!

Neodegenerate said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

Yes! World Tour and Revenge are sooo good. Probably the best wrestling games I've played.

Oh how could I forget all the hours spent playing 4 man matches in No Mercy and Wrestlemania 2000.  My friends and I were all WWE > WCW so we loved those much more than the WCW iterations.  Though of course we only ever played as our own created characters!

Ah, fair enough

I was a Sting man all the way

Around the Network
Veknoid_Outcast said:
KungKras said:

Rage Wars is such a good game. I think it's the best multiplayer FPS on the N64. Better than Goldeneye by far, and narrowly edging out Perfect Dark, IMO :)

I have to give it to GoldenEye or Perfect Dark, but I LOVE Rage Wars. That was always in rotation when my friends got together.

I really liked the level design, the bots, secondary fire modes, and the ability to choose your weapons before the match.

And the inflator. The glorious, glorious inflator!!!!

I LOVE ICELAND!

KungKras said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

lol!

What was your go-to loadout?

If I remember correctly, I picked the Mag60, Assault Rifle, Tek Crossbow, Inflator, and Grenade Launcher.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
KungKras said:

lol!

What was your go-to loadout?

If I remember correctly, I picked the Mag60, Assault Rifle, Tek Crossbow, Inflator, and Grenade Launcher.

I usually went with Mag60, Minigun, Inflator, Chest burster and either grenade launcher or napalm gel. Secondary fire on the chest burster and inflator were my favourite things in that game, they never got old. Mag60 secondary fire was really satisfying too.
I was really into the plasma rifle and the flare gun at one point too. Just going around and one-shoting people with that purple ball of awesome.

From what I remember the tek crossbow was hard to use, but did tons of damage if you hit. Not as unreliable as the boomerang, but still a bit dificult.

Just thinking about the weapon selection in that game makes me happy. So many well-designed and creative guns, it really puts most of the new games to shame. Even the stuff you picked up was cool, like the turret and the cerebral bore.

I LOVE ICELAND!

I still have mine. My favorite games are Perfect Dark, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, and Super Smash Bros.

NightDragon83 said:

I got a chance to play Mario 64 at my local Nobody Beats The Wiz (yeah, getting OLD lol) about a month before launch, and the first time I got a look at the game in person and got my hands on the controller was seriously a life altering experience!  Got it for Xmas a few months later along with Shadows of the Empire, Waverace 64 and Cruis'n USA.  Still one of my fav consoles of all time.

God I loved Crusin' USA!

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.