By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo64 turns 20 today

wish i could turn back time when i got a n64 near launch. i remember my uncle visiting from canada i was single living with mum and dad. life was great and loved mario 64, turok, top gear rally, goldeneye, banjo.

good old days

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network

playing the most decent port of Hexen

Man I'm getting old.

Where do I start. figuring something out in Zelda and immediately calling all my friends who are stuck in the same place to tell them about it.

Getting called by a friend who figured something out in Zelda.

Hooking up two transfer paks to the console and playing my gameboy pokemon team vs a friend's team in pokemon stadium.

Ruining stick after stick on Smash Bros playing with friends.

Co-Op in Perfect Dark.

The best console FPS multiplayer ever in Turok Rage Wars. Oh god shit got crazy in that game.

I can go on and on. My favourite system of all time. I can also mention that I grew up in Sweden where Nintendo won over the PS1. Nearly all my friends had an N64.

I LOVE ICELAND!

I didn't own an N64 (Sega/Sony fan up until 7th gen) but I did play a few of it's games and loved every single one, especially Kirby and Paper Mario which is the reason I'm a full on Nintendo gamer today!

Barely played on the console, but happy birthday!

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network
Mbolibombo said:
Worst Nintendo home console of all time.

God awful. Very few good games, awful controller, ugliest generation for sure.

Still, Happy birthday! There are worse consoles out there..

Maybe now you can say that games from that generation graphicly aged worse because its first generation of 3D games, but that generation is definitely best generation in gaming, so many great games in that generation that are considered for one of best games in world released only on N64 and PS1.

Personal best console ever!

I loved controller, and addons like Rumble Pack and Expansion Pack, i love how console looks...but most important i love N64 games. N64 had small librarary of games compared to PS1 but so many great hits on such a small library, I will just mentione, Zelda Ocarina Of Time, Mario 64, Golden Eye 007 and Banjo Kazzoie. :)

Miyamotoo said:
Mbolibombo said:
Worst Nintendo home console of all time.

God awful. Very few good games, awful controller, ugliest generation for sure.

Still, Happy birthday! There are worse consoles out there..

Maybe now you can say that games from that generation graphicly aged worse because its first generation of 3D games, but that generation is definitely best generation in gaming, so many great games in that generation that are considered for one of best games in world released only on N64 and PS1.

Sorry, not a fan. There are a handful of great games, especially RPGs for the playstation and a few classics from Nintendo but overall a very dissapointing generation for me.

Mbolibombo said:
Miyamotoo said:

Sorry, not a fan. There are a handful of great games, especially RPGs for the playstation and a few classics from Nintendo but overall a very dissapointing generation for me.

OK for you, but lets be realistic for second, generation in which we had: Mario 64, Zelda Ocarina Of Time (M64 and Zelda OoT are both considered like one of best and most influenced games ever), Golden Eye 007, Banjo Kazzoie, Mario Kart 64, Smash Bros 64...Metal Gear Solid, FFVII, Tomb Raider I/II, Resident Evil I/II, Silent Hill, Crash Bandicot, Twisted Metal 2...definatly golden age of console gaming.

Miyamotoo said:
Mbolibombo said:

OK for you, but lets be realistic for second, generation in which we had: Mario 64, Zelda Ocarina Of Time (M64 and Zelda OoT are both considered like one of best and most influenced games ever), Golden Eye 007, Banjo Kazzoie, Mario Kart 64, Smash Bros 64...Metal Gear Solid, FFVII, Tomb Raider I/II, Resident Evil I/II, Silent Hill, Crash Bandicot, Twisted Metal 2...definatly golden age of console gaming.

realistically I could name just as many  great games from every generation but the current. The generation is romanticized by people who grew up with that generation, just as two generations earlier are the same for me.